Sign in to follow this  
Sonny-Burnett

Godley & Creme in Definitely Miami

Sonny-Burnett

For those who may remember the original airing or have the tapes, I came across the following in IMDB and never knew about this bit of trivia. Would be interested to know if it is true. And if it is true, does anyone have the Hammer tracks?"~~Did You Know?TriviaAlthough Godley and Creme's "Cry" is closely associated to the Definitely Miami episode, it was not featured on the original NBC airing. Instead, an original Jan Hammer incidental piece - which sounds very similar to the guitar rhythm in "Cry" - in select scenes such as when Crockett (Don Johnson) drives out to the sand dune junkyard to confront Charlie Basset (Ted Nugent), and when Crockett appears on the beach to reveal he is a cop and arrests Callie (Arielle Dombasle). Godley and Creme's "Cry" replaced the Jan Hammer original score when Miami Vice went into TV syndication. "It's from here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0647056/

Brother in Arms

that's interesting. is personally have not noticed me sonny-burnett, thank you for your report.:):thumbsup::clap:

BlueAir

One of the best scenes of Miami Vice.Glad they used "Cry" but it would be interesting to hear Hammers score to it:cool:

Sonny-Burnett

One of the best scenes of Miami Vice.Glad they used "Cry" but it would be interesting to hear Hammers score to it:cool:

Yeah if that article is correct then there is some unreleased Hammer that I don't think I have ever heard or at least I don't remember it when the series first ran. Any new Hammer from MV is something special.Would also be interested in hearing from those who may have taped the Episode back in the day.

TylerDurden389

I'm pretty sure I saw a video on youtube that pointed out that the music was different in the season 3 episode "By Hooker, By Crook" when DJ and MG have their sex scene. So I'll chalk this up as example #2 of the music not being as it was originally heard.

Stinger390X

Very interesting facts!I only saw the one with G&C so it's etched in my mind. (I love that song and long time fan of 10CC)I would love to see that version however...

Sonny-Burnett

Very interesting facts!I only saw the one with G&C so it's etched in my mind. (I love that song and long time fan of 10CC)I would love to see that version however...

It's my favorite EP and that scene at the end is Iconic. I had no idea that Hammer provided the track there early on, and I am still wanting to verify that and hopefully find someone who has the unreleased Tracks from Jan.

Matt5

The song worked well but not a fan of this episode - weak plot and story  :D

Sonny-Burnett

To each his own, pal. :thumbsdown:

miamijimf

Hammer is beyond great but I can't imagine anything going better than "Cry" with that scene.

• Like 1

Sonny-Burnett

I agree Jim. That ending scene with "Cry" was perfect.

Wonder though if anyone in here has taped the original airing and would have the JH cues?

Sonny-Burnett

Well I had to post the video in this thread after all. ;)

cageyJG

That is crazy. We haven't talked about any Easter eggs like this in awhile. Wouldn't it be great to hear that original score just for curiosity's sake.

James

Could it be the same track used about 11 minutes into the episode when they walk into the hotel bar? That sounds similar to Cry.The scene where Crockett says "It's so hot you can fry an egg on my face".

Sonny-Burnett

That is crazy. We haven't talked about any Easter eggs like this in awhile. Wouldn't it be great to hear that original score just for curiosity's sake.

I know. I wish that one of the members here who may have recorded the original broadcast back in the day could weigh in on this topic. :shout:

Guest MetroVice

I always liked his episode but never knew there was originally a Hammer score to the original. I also hope someone can find it so we can all experience it :)

Matt5

I always liked his episode but never knew there was originally a Hammer score to the original. I also hope someone can find it so we can all experience it :)

wow - never knew that  ;(  :thumbsup:  :fireworks:

PalmTree

I used to have an original version of "Cry" that was around 5:00+.  Damned good song.