Your Top 5 Crockett Comebacks/Sayings

BlueAir

Crockett had the best stuff to say weather it's a comeback or a casual remark.What are your top 5 Crockett sayings?Mine...1."Primitive but effective"-Home Invaders2."Jew got it mang"-A few episodes3."I don't think they're selling girl scout cookies"-Down for the Count (Part 2)4."This is Miami pal,where you can't even tell the players without a program"-Pilot (and a few other episodes)5."Why don't you take a quick 180 and head back to your typewriters"-Heart of Darkness

Maybe not so much comebacks as they are casual remarks/statements, but in no particular order (and I'm *mostly* going from memory here):- "That was uncool lady. That was major uncool." (I use this one all the time, albeit modified appropriately for different occasions.)- "That speed metal crap is just warmed over Hendrix licks, played twice as fast and half as well!"- "5000 street corners in greater Miami, and Gumby here's gotta pick ours!"- "Maybe...you won't even...twitch."- "Somewhere where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players."I'm sure I'll think of more great ones later tonight. Sonny had a LOT of great quotes!

"Maybe...you won't even...twitch."- "Somewhere where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players."I'm sure I'll think of more great ones later tonight. Sonny had a LOT of great quotes!

I had my mind on that one.I also like the whole "Sometimes the hardest to get isn't always the best" dialog exchange in "Prodigal Son" was pretty cool.I try to use "pal" in my vocabulary but it hasn't been put to good use yet:)

You guys listed some of my favorites: "That speed metal crap is just warmed over Hendrix licks, played twice as fast and half as well!" (Good description of lots of music even these days)"This is Miami pal,where you can't even tell the players without a program"-Pilot (and a few other episodes) (This is true, the culture is different)"Maybe...you won't even...twitch."Here's another one of my favorite lines:“McGregor canal bobbing with a mouthful of lead.†(Sonny in Lend Me An Ear)

• Like 1

"I think you can hurt us more by trying to help us." -- Heart of Darkness.Honorable mention has to go to Tubbs for calling Dan Hedaya "scrod face."

I'll keep my notebook out next time I run through the series.5. [Reserved for future use]4. "I will clean all the other cases off my desk and ... ____"3. "Brenda: "How do you go from this tranquility to that violence?"Sonny: "I usually take the Ferrari."2. "Pal."1. "Tube steak."

Way more than 5 come to mind so a few are (round 1):~You just got to learn to go with the heat, Rico. It's just like life. You just gotta keep telling yourself, no matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in.~ The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke.~You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.~I get these occasional urges for stability in my life.~Nice to know there's still a little poetry left in the world.~People in stucco houses shouldn't throw quiche. (I like this one because my house is stucco!)~Aw, the hell with it. You want to be dead? Bang, you're dead.~Forget who I am? Darling, sometimes I remember who I am.

• Administrators

The only one which comes to mind..."It's just like life... Just gotta keep telling yourself - No matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in."I gotta watch the series again. Been re-watching Dexter and Burn Notice lately. My three favourite shows are based in Miami... How did that happen...

• Like 1

Crockett had the best stuff to say weather it's a comeback or a casual remark.What are your top 5 Crockett sayings?Mine...1."Primitive but effective"-Home Invaders2."Jew got it mang"-A few episodes3."I don't think they're selling girl scout cookies"-Down for the Count (Part 2)4."This is Miami pal' date='where you can't even tell the players without a program"-Pilot (and a few other episodes)5."Why don't you take a quick 180 and head back to your typewriters"-Heart of Darkness[/quote']Some great choices here I love in "Home Invaders" when he says to girl in jewellery store " We can talk about what you look like later !":balloon:
  • Like 1

Also like in "The Dutch Oven" on the St. Vitus with Adonis and Trudy and he says " Do I look like I fell off the back of a Cabbage truck to you ?!" and "Im not about to give you a hundred thousand dead presidents ?!!" . Great lines .:funky::xmas::balloon::rain:

• Administrators

Brillant - thanks for posting :balloon::xmas:

You're welcome!That's one of my YouTube channels by the way. I was planning to upload a bunch of memorable Miami Vice clips such as quotes and badass moments. Never happened though lol

You're welcome!That's one of my YouTube channels by the way. I was planning to upload a bunch of memorable Miami Vice clips such as quotes and badass moments. Never happened though lol

Thank you again - brillant :balloon::xmas:

• 4 weeks later...

Crockett has so many awesome comebacks, but one of my favorite ones is ''Get a haircut.'' from Milk Run that he says to that girl at the cinema with a shaved head. xD 

Edited by Detective_Crockett