Miami Vice in HD

musicradio78

Looks to me like the HD versions of Miami Vice that we've been hearing about may have been released under our noses. I viewed a few episodes on nbc.com and they look pretty good to me. Am I right or just seeing things?

• Administrators

I'll have a look. Need to find a quick American proxy though.Edit: I looked at "A Bullet for Crockett", but their player chooses your quality automatically for you and you cannot change it. So because my DNS was kind of slow, I was unable to view it in HD quality. I don't think it's rescanned though, it's just the same source as the DVD releases I think.Not sure if season 1 is better on their website like the Hulu versions, I didn't check.

I'll have a look. Need to find a quick American proxy though.Edit: I looked at "A Bullet for Crockett"' date=' but their player chooses your quality automatically for you and you cannot change it. So because my DNS was kind of slow, I was unable to view it in HD quality. I don't think it's rescanned though, it's just the same source as the DVD releases I think.Not sure if season 1 is better on their website like the Hulu versions, I didn't check.[/quote']The Hulu versions are strong and clear:balloon::rain:

I noticed the Hulu Plus quality too.  My friend, a computer expert by trade and a high-tech/home entertainment enthusiast, thinks alot of it is due to the modern equipment now used to watch TV, ie, Apple TV and some of the blue ray players.  We did a test between accessing Hulu with his stereo receiver and with the blu ray.  The blu ray access to Hulu (Wi Fi) was higher quality).  My friend thinks the processor in the blu ray player is better than that of the receiver.  I am far from being an expert, but it sounded like good enough reasoning to me.

I noticed the Hulu Plus quality too.  My friend, a computer expert by trade and a high-tech/home entertainment enthusiast, thinks alot of it is due to the modern equipment now used to watch TV, ie, Apple TV and some of the blue ray players.  We did a test between accessing Hulu with his stereo receiver and with the blu ray.  The blu ray access to Hulu (Wi Fi) was higher quality).  My friend thinks the processor in the blu ray player is better than that of the receiver.  I am far from being an expert, but it sounded like good enough reasoning to me.

Sounds good 

• 2 months later...

It looks better is because the first few seasons of Miami Vice are in 720p on Hulu Plus. In the 2000s NBC Universal had 35mm negatives of Miami Vice scanned in high def. Hulu is the only one that streams those for whatever reason. Whatever is on NBC.com looks like it was from the same HD masters, but doesn't appear to be in HD. 

Edited by Tekka
  • Like 2

It looks better is because the first few seasons of Miami Vice are in 720p on Hulu Plus. In the 2000s NBC Universal had 35mm negatives of Miami Vice scanned in high def. Hulu is the only one that streams those for whatever reason. Whatever is on NBC.com looks like it was from the same HD masters, but doesn't appear to be in HD. 

Where can I get a copy of this HD version please ?! :D  :)

• Administrators

I could upload the 

Where can I get a copy of this HD version please ?! :D  :)

I could upload it somewhere for you if you want, but my upload speed is really SLOW. So let me know.

I could upload the 

I could upload it somewhere for you if you want, but my upload speed is really SLOW. So let me know.

Great thanks - upload to my email you mean ? :)  :D

Please don't ask for or share copyrighted material on our website!

Sorry KaeptnCaipi I agree of course, were not all saints here either when getting stuff off the internet but we don't need problems for this great website either

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Please don't ask for or share copyrighted material on our website!

We understand the desire for these things, however KaeptnCaipi is absolutely correct when he asks us to please refrain from posting these requests on the forum. If the wrong person gets wind of this, it could eventually lead to the site being shutdown for copyright violations. and nobody wants that to happen!

Now, with all that  being said, if you feel that you must still go down this path, I have just 2 suggestions.  PMs & e-mail    It's called discretion gentlemen, get my drift?

Nuff said, carry on.

We understand the desire for these things, however KaeptnCaipi is absolutely correct when he asks us to please refrain from posting these requests on the forum. If the wrong person gets wind of this, it could eventually lead to the site being shutdown for copyright violations. and nobody wants that to happen!

Now, with all that  being said, if you feel that you must still go down this path, I have just 2 suggestions.  PMs & e-mail    It's called discretion gentlemen, get my drift?

Nuff said, carry on.

I was referring to the Universal Studios dvd release ( Season 1 ) which is hd through my blu ray player 

• Administrators

I was referring to the Universal Studios dvd release ( Season 1 ) which is hd through my blu ray player 

Gotcha!  :thumbsup: No problem!

• 2 months later...

Longtime fan here but I've only recently bought a DVD set. Season 2 looks very nice but I know it could look better. I haven't bought any other seasons yet & hope the picture quality is consistent but a blu ray release would be so nice. It's one show that would benefit from HD more than others.

• Like 1

Longtime fan here but I've only recently bought a DVD set. Season 2 looks very nice but I know it could look better. I haven't bought any other seasons yet & hope the picture quality is consistent but a blu ray release would be so nice. It's one show that would benefit from HD more than others.

Hope you are enjoying this great site Noogie about a great show - yes hope the blu ray release comes Im sure it will - just when!?? MV needs to be seen in blu ray quality

All seasons in dvd look fantastic!! :radio:

Edited by Matt5

Imagine Payback or Out where the buses on bluray, with the original film negative scanned in 4K o.O

That turquoise ocean and the Scarab would look sexy as hell

Edited by thedeparted94