New forum Software

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

Hi,

you have noticed that miamiviceonline.com has a new forum software.

As you know, there were a lot of trouble with our old software vBulletin. Some things didn't work and it was buggy. So I decided to switch to Invision Power Board. All the user accounts, threads, posts, attachments etc. have been converted.

I know you are getting upset with all the changes of our forum software. But so did I with all the bugs and errors we had. It was not funny any more. So, I apologize for another new software.

Please don't ask me how everything works - I don't know either. It's new to me, too. But we'll manage it.

Within the next days I will install our used colors, languages, donations etc.

So, once more, I apologize for any inconvenience. But I believe we can now continue with a new and stable forum software.

-----------------------

Hallo,

ihr habt schon bemerkt, dass miamiviceonline.com eine neue Forensoftware hat.

Wie ihr wisst war unsere alte Software sehr fehlerbehaftet. Verschiedene Dinge haben gar nicht funktioniert oder waren voller Fehler. Daher habe ich mich dazu entschieden, zu Invasion Power Board zu wechseln. Alle Useraccounts, Posts, Threads, Anhänge etc. wurden übernommen.

Ich weiss, dass ihr die ganzen Änderungen der Software langsam leid seid. Aber so ging es mir mit allen Fehlern und Bugs eben auch. Es war am Ende nicht mehr lustig. Also, sorry dafür, dass es schon wieder eine neue Software gibt.

Bitte fragt mich nicht, wie die ganzen Dinge hier funktionieren. Ich weiss es selbst (noch) nicht. Es ist auch für mich alles neu. Aber wir werden das schaffen.

In den nächsten Tagen werde ich unsere gewohnten Farben, Sprachen, Spenden etc. installieren.

Also, noch einmal, sorry für die ganzen Unannehmlichkeiten. Aber ich glaube, es hat sich gelohnt und wir können mit einer neuen und stabilen Forensoftware weitermachen.

• Like 2

Chris,

First and foremost: thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I know the incredible poor state of the previous software and also that again, it took you time and money to convert our content to a new stable platform. I'm sure that in no time the look and feel will back to pastel. I am more then willing to help you out where I can.

From now on its up to us again. Lets help you out in making this site a great place for Vice fans all over the world and start having fun, rich discussions!

Once more, thank you. Donation is on its way. You're the best.

• Like 1

Hi,

you have noticed that miamiviceonline.com has a new forum software.

As you know, there were a lot of trouble with our old software vBulletin. Some things didn't work and it was buggy. So I decided to switch to Invision Power Board. All the user accounts, threads, posts, attachments etc. have been converted.

I know you are getting upset with all the changes of our forum software. But so did I with all the bugs and errors we had. It was not funny any more. So, I apologize for another new software.

Please don't ask me how everything works - I don't know either. It's new to me, too. But we'll manage it.

Within the next days I will install our used colors, languages, donations etc.

So, once more, I apologize for any inconvenience. But I believe we can now continue with a new and stable forum software.

-----------------------

Hallo,

ihr habt schon bemerkt, dass miamiviceonline.com eine neue Forensoftware hat.

Wie ihr wisst war unsere alte Software sehr fehlerbehaftet. Verschiedene Dinge haben gar nicht funktioniert oder waren voller Fehler. Daher habe ich mich dazu entschieden, zu Invasion Power Board zu wechseln. Alle Useraccounts, Posts, Threads, Anhänge etc. wurden übernommen.

Ich weiss, dass ihr die ganzen Änderungen der Software langsam leid seid. Aber so ging es mir mit allen Fehlern und Bugs eben auch. Es war am Ende nicht mehr lustig. Also, sorry dafür, dass es schon wieder eine neue Software gibt.

Bitte fragt mich nicht, wie die ganzen Dinge hier funktionieren. Ich weiss es selbst (noch) nicht. Es ist auch für mich alles neu. Aber wir werden das schaffen.

In den nächsten Tagen werde ich unsere gewohnten Farben, Sprachen, Spenden etc. installieren.

Also, noch einmal, sorry für die ganzen Unannehmlichkeiten. Aber ich glaube, es hat sich gelohnt und wir können mit einer neuen und stabilen Forensoftware weitermachen.

Wow really like it !! :D  ;) 

• Like 1

Thank you for you're efforts. We are all supporting your hard work and continued dedication to the board. Please let us all know if we can be of any assistance. ;):D

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thank you for you're efforts. We are all supporting your hard work and continued dedication to the board. Please let us all know if we can be of any assistance. ;):D

Yes, you can be of any assistance. There's a donation button on our homepage  :D  ;)

• Like 2

Ich war überrascht, als die Seite heute nicht erreichbar war. Jetzt weiß ich warum und finds einfach nur super :D

Das Forum reagiert wieder schnell und auch die Optik ist klasse. Viel übersichtlicher als das alte Forum.

Jetzt noch das wichtigste, man kann die Sprache wieder auf deutsch stellen :D :D

Danke, echt super Caipi

Edited by Gecko
  • Like 1

Deutsche Menüs ... =)  :)

Klasse Entscheidung Kaeptn, bist doch der Größte Hai im Becken.  ;)  :D

Sieht wirklich super aus und ist auch schon nach den ersten Klicks bedienungsfreundlicher. Goog job, man!

Edited by Bernar
  • Like 1

no worries man, you do what you gotta do when it comes to making things work right, if it takes blowing it up and starting all over so be it lol

• Like 1

• Administrators

It does seem to load much quicker now with IPB. 

IPB is good, I've had a couple of IPB forums in the past. 

• Like 1

Looks good congrats, the search feature works.  Please don't forget to add the Glossary when you get a chance.

I agree Jim - marvellous  :fireworks:  :freeze:  :funky: 

• Administrators

Hey KaeptnCaipi ,

Like the new software, I'm trying to figure out how to edit my occupation (there's a typo in there I need to fix)...

Thanks,

MVNYC

It might have to be added to the forum manually so people can change it. "Favourite episode" also.

KaeptnCaipi I kind of hate to ask you to do more work on the site since you have done so much great work with the new format.  It's probably on your to-do-list but please don't forget all the location maps.  Many thanks,

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Jim,

you're right, the location maps are on my to-do-list. But before I can bring back the location maps, our PMT video and the Miami Vice quotes I have to do some research on how to integrate all those things to our page. So, please be patient.

• Like 1

• Administrators

So, here's an update what's going on right now.

Today I was trying a little bit with our new portal page. It will look a little bit like this one here:

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/index.php/page/test2.html

Please note, this is not the final page, it's still under construction.

---

So, hier ein kleines Update, was sich derzeit tut.

Heute habe ich ein wenig mit unserer neuen Portalseite gespielt. Sie wird in etwa so aussehen:

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/index.php/page/test2.html

Bitte beachtet, dass die noch nicht die finale Seite ist, ich bin immer noch am Tüfteln.