New forum Software

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

Today I added a portal site and tried to get it as close as possible to the old one we had.

Ich habe heute wieder eine Portalseite hinzugefügt und versucht, dabei so nah wie möglich an die alte Seite heranzukommen.

• Like 1

Today I added a portal site and tried to get it as close as possible to the old one we had.

Ich habe heute wieder eine Portalseite hinzugefügt und versucht, dabei so nah wie möglich an die alte Seite heranzukommen.

Looks great Caipi!  We thank you again for making the site what it is! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

umm I'm having abit of trouble here, it wont let me upload photos anymore.

I'm not sure if theres a size limit on how many photos I can attack now equalling 128 MB, in which I need to clear it but dont know how or if its just a glitch but I cant seem to upload anything anymore.

• Administrators

Hi,

settings for image attachments are

100x100 px for the thumbnail and 

1200x1600 for the image itself.

The max. file size for a user is 4096 bytes and 500 KB per post.

To insert an image in a post you 

1. attach the file to the post and

2. you can insert the image

Hi,

settings for image attachments are

100x100 px for the thumbnail and 

1200x1600 for the image itself.

The max. file size for a user is 4096 bytes and 500 KB per post.

To insert an image in a post you 

1. attach the file to the post and

2. you can insert the image

Great will try - thanks so much  :done:

Edited by Matt5

How do you upload an image from your computer, not from a web site, into a post?  I've tried several things with no luck.  Thanks.

yeah that's actually what I ment here, posting photos from the my media thing works fine, the problem is uploading NEW media to it in a post

as I keep getting an error message from it, and the photos do meet the critera you mentioned above, although I dont remember having any trouble changing my avatar though.

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

Please stop bumping this topic! I read it this morning but I couldn't be online until now. Also, please consider the different time zones so we are EST + 5 hours here in Germany. I'll answer your questions as soon as possible.

• Administrators

OK, so here's how to insert an image from your computer

1. choose the file you want to upload

2. select the file in the browser that opens

3. click on the "Attach this file" button

post-3-0-89008600-1390684856_thumb.jpg

Now the file is stored as an attachment

If you want to insert the image in the post click on "Add to post"

post-3-0-21376900-1390684879_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-84749900-1390684515_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Today I added Tapatalk and Forum Runner support for our site.

Although it's not necessary because the forum built-in mobile style fits perfect on my iPhone, all smartphone users can now choose the way they want to visit our forum with their smartphone.

Heute habe ich die Tapatalk und Forum Runner Erweiterungen für unser Forum installiert.

Obwohl es eigentlich nicht notwendig ist, da der eingebaute Mobile Style perfekt fürs iPhone ist, können alle Smartphone Benutzer nun selbst wählen, wie sie unser Forum besuchen möchten.

• Administrators

And another new feature is available right now:

for those of you who'd like one of our other banners can now switch to the "Miami Vice Random Banner" style. The colors are the same but the banner changes every time you refresh the page.

Enjoy.

Und ein weiteres neues Feature ist ab sofort verfügbar:

Für diejenigen, die eines der anderen Banner mögen, können nun zum "Miami Vice Random Banner" Style wechseln. Die Farben sind die gleichen, nur das Banner wechselt jedes mal, wenn die Seite aktualisiert wird.

Viel Spaß.

post-3-0-31629500-1390852110_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Okay I found out what the issue was, when I tried to attach something new it did say in the advanced uploader that I've exceded my limit

so in the my media tab is there anyway for me to pick and choose what I wish to delete from my media/attachments to clear up some space? as I'm not sure how to do that or from where.

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

OK, please try again. I rised the storage limit to 8MB per person. Please note, that posts and PMs are included.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, please try again. I rised the storage limit to 8MB per person. Please note, that posts and PMs are included.

I seem to be having the same problem uploading a photo. Just tried attaching a Photo File of dimensions 1200 W by 674 H and only 88Kb in size and received an error in both the advanced and basic uploaders .

Can you pls check into any restrictions that may be prohibiting a Photo File upload (as an attachment)? Perhaps previous photos uploaded have caused me to exceed the current limit and, if so, can you increase the limit?

Thnx

Still receiving "Upload Failed" followed by "You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments " .

And I'm pretty sure I haven't made any attachments since the new software came online.