New forum Software

KaeptnCaipi

Thanks and seems to work now. Did you have to increase the storage limits?

Also I noticed the photos I uploaded were quite small as they appear in the post but I'm guessing it is because there were two posted?

Thanks again, Caipi.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• Administrators

Thanks and seems to work now. Did you have to increase the storage limits?

Also I noticed the photos I uploaded were quite small as they appear in the post but I'm guessing it is because there were two posted?

Thanks again, Caipi.

I cancelled the storage limit so it should be no problem any longer.

Do the photos appear as a thumbnail in your posts? By clicking on a thumbnail you can see the pics in the original size.

I cancelled the storage limit so it should be no problem any longer.

Do the photos appear as a thumbnail in your posts? By clicking on a thumbnail you can see the pics in the original size.

Yes they appear small as in this post http://www.miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/10290-ashtray-heart-of-darkness-devo-scene/#entry176397

instead of how a photo appeared here in Post #40 http://www.miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/9660-new-forum-software/page-2#entry174992

Wondering if this is just because I posted two photos at once, or whether there is a setting to show the Full Picture in the post?

Thnx,

S-B

• Administrators

Just checked the two posts. In your post the pic is attached to the post. Don't exactly know what size limit we have, maybe the pic was a resized or the original size was smaller. Jim's pic is an external link to a photo bucket pic which is not resized.

Just checked the two posts. In your post the pic is attached to the post. Don't exactly know what size limit we have, maybe the pic was a resized or the original size was smaller. Jim's pic is an external link to a photo bucket pic which is not resized.

Hmm, interesting. The screenshot I attached was resized to stay within the size limits you had posted earlier, but was uploaded from my PC, as was the second photo but I did not attempt to resize it.

Wondering now since Jim's pic was linked vs mine as attached could explain the formatting difference?

• 3 weeks later...

okay lets see test 1 2 3, okay operational, seems like it resizes it a touch small though from the full size of 1024 x768 unless you click on it.

anyways thanks capri for fixing this.

post-471-0-36460600-1395295976_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Today I found out how to bring back our police badges for each user ranks (depending on your number of posts). Have fun.

Ich habe heute herausgefunden, wie wir die alten Badges für die einzelnen Userränge (abhängig von der Anzahl der Beiträge) zurückbekommen. Viel Spaß.

• Like 2

• Administrators

And another new feature: the member map is back. Unfortunately I couldn't import the old data so you have to add your location manually.

Und ein weiteres Feature ist zurück: die Membermap. Leider konnte ich die alten Daten nicht importieren, daher tragt eueren Wohnort bitte manuell ein.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Location is entered. :-)

Is it possible to change the location manually by using the "hand" cursor? When I do this, the whole map will move. Is there a special trick?

• Administrators

Location is entered. :-)

Is it possible to change the location manually by using the "hand" cursor? When I do this, the whole map will move. Is there a special trick?

Hm... I don't think this will work. The member map is a beta release and some features are not available. Let's see what features the full release will have.

• Administrators

Ups, OK, 0 KB is a little bit too small :)

I'll take a look at the setting.

So, jetzt muss ich mal was echt Negatives an der neuen Forensoftware loswerden,und zwar der

"Gefällt mir Button"

Mensch, dass ist ja wie bei

Fratzebook

Da kriegt man ja Plaque :freeze: :freeze: :freeze:

• Administrators

So, jetzt muss ich mal was echt Negatives an der neuen Forensoftware loswerden,und zwar der

"Gefällt mir Button"

Mensch, dass ist ja wie bei

Fratzebook

Da kriegt man ja Plaque :freeze: :freeze: :freeze:

Negative Kritik? Geht ja gar nicht... Wo ist denn hier der "verwarnen" Button :D :D

• 1 month later...

I seem to be having the same problem uploading a photo. Just tried attaching a Photo File of dimensions 1200 W by 674 H and only 88Kb in size and received an error in both the advanced and basic uploaders .

Can you pls check into any restrictions that may be prohibiting a Photo File upload (as an attachment)? Perhaps previous photos uploaded have caused me to exceed the current limit and, if so, can you increase the limit?

Thnx

The problem seems to be recurring for me as I attempted to upload a photo and received this message:

You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments

• Like 1

• Administrators

OK, I changed some settings. Please try again and let me know if it worked.