What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

• Administrators

Right now I'm listening to this: [ media]

Nice song! I haven't heard that one before.--I am a massive Buddy Holly fan.
If an Alligator ate my Buddy Holly records, I'd be mad too. ;)
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Right now the new Bruce Springsteen album "High Hopes" 

I dont recall Springsteen ever having a song featured in Mv?!  :o

Nope, they never used a Bruce Springsteen song,
-

Brand new, but it has an 80's vibe to it. I like music like this, it's underground but there are a lot on the 'NewRetroWave' YouTube channel.

Edited by SL1DE

There was a Duran Duran concert on German TV yesterday, so it's

and I'm listening to this bit from the 70s right now:

In my car, I was listening to these songs today:

This song pretty much sounds like mid-80s Depeche Mode, but I like it.

Weird as it might sound, this song is about a guy suffering from schizophrenia, describing his thoughts as a patient in a psychiatric ward, looking back at his normal life before that. Really unusual topic, but it was a huge hit in 1981 in Germany.

This was one of the first hit records of the so called "Neue Deutsche Welle" - "New Wave of German pop music", with artists like Trio ("Dadada"), Nena ("99 Luftballons") and Falco ("Rock me Amadeus") being part of it, to name a few who even had international success with German lyrics. Usually, contemporary pop is dominated by the English language, too. The early 80s, though, where an era, when a much more modern German pop music took off for a couple of years, and quite a lot of people still have fond memories of that time, roughly between 1981 and 1984. 

Edited by Diplo

My brother just brought this to my attention, it's alllright. New, but sounds 80s-ish.

Freddie Jackson had some success as a singer in the 80s.

In recent years, 80s sounds seem to become a little bit more popular.

Bruno Mars' "Treasure" or Justin Timberlake's "Take back the night" could have been released in the early 80s.

There's a also Canadian group named "Chromeo". Their songs are heavily influenced by by 80s funk, especially Roger Troutman's/Zapp's "Talk Box". Listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppNC0uAaCv0

They had minor success in recent years, by placing their music in video games and commercials.

Edited by Diplo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Freddie Jackson had some success as a singer in the 80s.

In recent years, 80s sounds seem to become a little bit more popular.

Bruno Mars' "Treasure" or Justin Timberlake's "Take back the night" could have been released in the early 80s.

There's a also Canadian group named "Chromeo". Their songs are heavily influenced by by 80s funk, especially Roger Troutman's/Zapp's "Talk Box". Listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppNC0uAaCv0

They had minor success in recent years, by placing their music in video games and commercials.

Not bad at all.

• Administrators

I watched the episode "Out Where The Buses Don't Run" last night. Can't stop listening to this.

It's from one of the best scenes in television. Better than Definitely Miami's ending, in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw1HGS1MN-0

Edited by SL1DE
  • Like 4

• Administrators

Nice song - attractive artist too :D  :baby2:

On the subject of attractive artists. They don't get more attractive than Susanna Hoffs.

);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]