What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

one of the all-around most beautiful songs of the late 1960s.  :thumbsup:

Great song. I love Simon & Garfunkel. One of my all time favourites.

It blows my mind that this song came out 23 years ago.

The early to mid 90s were truly a golden age of alternative music.

Also, Heather Nova was positively hot back then... :thumbsup:

EDIT: I just saw on Wikipedia that this single didn't chart anywhere in Europe or North America. Big shame. One of my favorite songs of 1994. MTV Europe had it in heavy rotation for months.

Edited by Daytona74

On 21/9/2017 at 8:09 PM, Daytona74 said:

Love it or hate it, this was one of the better songs of the year 2003:

Thanks for sharing one of BEP's songs! I was a fan of them back in the 00's. Also have their album Elephunk, where this song is on.  It's great to hear these again. 

Hammertime... :)

you kind of think who was really more odd... MC Hammer with his balloon pants or this dude with his long wig and the glitter shirt... :p:hippie:

And speaking of 80s odd characters... Pete Burns was definitely one of them... :p

Edited by Daytona74
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Hammertime... :)

you kind of think who was really more odd... MC Hammer with his balloon pants or this dude with his long wig and the glitter shirt... :p:hippie:

And speaking of 80s odd characters... Pete Burns was definitely one of them... :p

You gotta admit though, that's one catchy song. He looked great back then. A shame what he did to his face with plastic surgery. 

Yep, Pete Burns was really overdoing it. He was just totally out there. If you think Michael Jackson was a cautionary tale, read up on Pete Burns's history of plastic surgery...

Kind of a very colorful character right until his untimely death... you have to give him that...

Anyway... here's a catchy one-hit wonder from 1986:

Edited by Daytona74

2 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

Here's an even catchier one hit wonder from the 80s...pal.

NOW.......you've really got something !    :radio: :thumbsup:

Unlike many other songs from this album, this song wasn’t used in MV, but it’s still Rev. Bill Bob Proverb’s theme song:

Testament to the Fairlight's versatility:

Clan of Xymox are a Dutch dark wave band, mainly active in the 80s.

Speaking of dark wave - this is probably one of the most enduring classics of the genre:

...and this one's also an absolute classic:

Edited by Daytona74

Anyone remember this? Interestingly one of the group members better known as DJ Infekto later on changed his alias to Rico Tubbs, borrowed from Miami Vice. He wasn't a member of Bomfunk MC's, when this song was made though. His real name is Riku, so that's not far from Rico. 

Edited by summer84

vor 14 Stunden schrieb summer84:

Anyone remember this? Interestingly one of the group members better known as DJ Infekto later on changed his alias to Rico Tubbs, borrowed from Miami Vice. He wasn't a member of Bomfunk MC's, when this song was made though. His real name is Riku, so that's not far from Rico. 

Thank you for being the one other person on this planet who remembers the Boomfunk MCs... :)

That song was a complete one hit wonder here in Germany, and to this day, I have never heard it again even once on the radio. Shame really, I think it was pretty cool for what it was.

Speaking of forgotten songs... for some reason, I also seem to be the only person who remembers this song from 1993:

It may sound a bit nondescript, but this is actually one of my favorite power ballads from the early 90s, and it's probably somewhere in my personal, all-time top ten of power ballads. :thumbsup:

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

The more you listen to this song, the more you realize just how well crafted it really is. It's just got so many different layers..

George Michael was really a gifted songwriter.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

The more you listen to this song, the more you realize just how well crafted it really is. It's just got so many different layers..

George Michael was really a gifted songwriter.

That’s my favorite GM album. Not a bad moment from start to finish!

• Thanks 1

This to me is one of the most beautiful songs. It definitely belongs in the category greatest songs of the 80's. :radio: I watched a documentary about it once.

Edited by summer84