What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Leigh Burne:

I love Guns n' Roses. Makes me sad they never really did anything that lived up to their debut album though.

I saw Slash live a few years later at an open-air festival, playing with his band Slash's Snakepit. Their music was kind of all over the place and underwhelming. Really sad, because I also always loved Guns 'n Roses.

I did like the two volumes of "Use Your Illusion", and liked them better than "Appetite for Destruction"... as an 18 to 20 year old, back in the day, they were really part of the soundtrack to my life... :hippie:

Edited by Daytona74

8 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

I did like the two volumes of "Use Your Illusion", and liked them better than "Appetite for Destruction"... as an 18 to 20 year old, back in the day, they were really part of the soundtrack to my life... :hippie:

I've always thought if they'd stripped the Use Your Illusion albums down to just one disc of the best songs, it would've been as good as Appetite, but as it is there's just too much filler on them. They certainly had their moments though. Although tellingly, most of the best tracks on them were originally written for their debut album! ("November Rain" being an example.)

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Leigh Burne:

I've always thought if they'd stripped the Use Your Illusion albums down to just one disc of the best songs, it would've been as good as Appetite, but as it is there's just too much filler on them. They certainly had their moments though. Although tellingly, most of the best tracks on them were originally written for their debut album! ("November Rain" being an example.)

yeah, the "Illusions" had some weaker tracks on them... but all things considered, they were still pretty great albums.

I kind of stopped following them from "Spaghetti Incident" onwards... "Illusion" was sort of their high for me. Their latter albums were just lacking  anthemic songs like those on "Apppetite" and "Illusion".

Edited by Daytona74

16 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I could only take 3 minutes of this video..........Bride dressed like a tramp, guys smoking in the church ......disgusting!  :thumbsdown:

Good point Tony!

44 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Featured in the late 1985 episode from Season 2 “Phil the Shill”:hippie:

Speaking of Clapton, this is pretty spectacular:

More "Use Your Illusion" greatness...

Together with "November Rain", these two songs/videos form an unofficial trilogy. One where they were really throwing big bucks at it, as the three videos combined cost over $6 million to make.

"Estranged" was also noted for its use of CGI effects, which may seem tame by today's standards but really took a fair bit of effort 27 years ago.

The distinctive guitar riff heard in this song was apparently inspired by Police's "Bring on The Night" and Destiny's child also used that instrumental piece in their song "Bootylicious." When I heard this song, I immediately thought hey isn't that... Before I read the lyrics, instead of "just like the white winged dove" I thought she sang "just like the world we know." :) "Eye of The Tiger" kind of has a similar sound to me.   :radio::dance2:

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

• Administrators

This is the album played on The Sopranos where they park a boat with huge speakers on it to annoy that guy. 

7 hours ago, summer84 said:

The distinctive guitar riff heard in this song was apparently inspired by Police's "Bring on The Night" and Destiny's child also used that instrumental piece in their song "Bootylicious." When I heard this song, I immediately thought hey isn't that... Before I read the lyrics, instead of "just like the white winged dove" I thought she sang "just like the world we know." :) "Eye of The Tiger" kind of has a similar sound to me.   :radio::dance2:

I love this song!  In fact I have had a crush on Stevie and her raspy voice since I first heard her album Bella Donna. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

I love this song!  In fact I have had a crush on Stevie and her raspy voice since I first heard her album Bella Donna. 

Yeah it's really great!  I never really listen to whole albums of artist's (with a few exceptions) only individual songs, that I think sound good, but I'll definitely check out that album. :thumbsup:   Edit: Well thinking back, it has been more than a few in the past though. 

Edited by summer84

7 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

It’s a great song ViceFan :hippie:

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

Yeah it's really great!  I've never listened to whole albums of artist's (with a few exceptions) only individual songs, that I thought sounded good, but I'll definitely check out that album. :thumbsup:  

I think I will also :hippie::D:)