What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

• Administrators
15 hours ago, summer84 said:

The distinctive guitar riff heard in this song was apparently inspired by Police's "Bring on The Night" and Destiny's child also used that instrumental piece in their song "Bootylicious." When I heard this song, I immediately thought hey isn't that... Before I read the lyrics, instead of "just like the white winged dove" I thought she sang "just like the world we know." :) "Eye of The Tiger" kind of has a similar sound to me.   :radio::dance2:

I know this from School of Rock. :) 

• Like 1

If you didn't already know - Michael DeLorenzo a.k.a. Sal Lombard is one of the dancers in the video. Look for him at 0:46 and throughout...

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

I’ve always thought he was the guy who pulls the knife on Tubbs also in the beginning of the pilot, hence, Tubbs says, “beat it, punks”. 

I don’t see his name in the Brothers Keeper credits, though. 

I see now it clearly isn’t him in the pilot. 

Edited by Dadrian

vor einer Stunde schrieb Dadrian:

I’ve always thought he was the guy who pulls the knife on Tubbs also in the beginning of the pilot, hence, Tubbs says, “beat it, punks”.

That would have been a pretty funny inside joke if it actually was him... :)

4 hours ago, James said:

I know this from School of Rock. :) 

I just re-watched the clip on YouTube. It's been a long time since I last saw the movie and couldn't remember that much. Nice scene. :)

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I don’t see his name in the Brothers Keeper credits, though. 

I see now it clearly isn’t him in the pilot. 

Luis Antonio Ramos confirmed on Twitter with a trivia question being in the pilot as one of the punks. He does resemble Delorenzo. 

https://twitter.com/luisaramosactor?lang=da   24th april

https://twitter.com/LuisARamosActor/status/856331131846832130

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, summer84 said:

I just re-watched the clip on YouTube. It's been a long time since I last saw the movie and couldn't remember that much. Nice scene. :)

Watched it in school when I was 10, our school had a big projector screen in the hall and every so often as a whole school we'd get treated to a movie in the afternoon. And for some reason I remember everything. :)

• Like 1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Koto* :p

Good ears! Nice song.  :clap:

One of these days, I'll buy a DX7... I had keyboard lessons 30 years ago... ;)

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

There’s one online right now $350!

I'll have to get back to that... other things are more pressing right now... :p

Good to know though that they're not the price of a used car, like some other vintage synths...

• Like 1

Max Headroom is further proof, if proof was needed, that the 80s were an awesome decade... :)

According to legend, it was decided that Matt Frewer would act the character in live-action because computer graphics just weren't advanced enough in the early 80s to pull something off that would have looked remotely like this.  And so, he had to spend over four hours each time to have various bits of rubber and latex put on his head and face to become Max Headroom.

Edited by Daytona74