What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

I've always loved Pink Floyd.

Wikipedia says the second guitar solo in this song was voted "4th best guitar solo of all-time by Guitar World magazine, in a reader poll".

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

I've always loved Pink Floyd.

Wikipedia says the second guitar solo in this song was voted "4th best guitar solo of all-time by Guitar World magazine, in a reader poll".

Agreed! One of my all-time favorite guitar songs! “Time” from Dark Side of the Moon IS my all-time favorite rock guitar solo!

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

I think my favorite Pink Floyd song is "Another Brick", the full album version...

My favorite Pink Floyd guitar solo would probably be the guitar on "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" from 07:36:

(the intro of the Delicate Sound of Thunder live version is even more spectacular than that of this studio version IMO, but sadly, the great guitar solo is missing from it)

I just love Pink Floyd's flavor of prog rock. Long, drawn out tracks that never feel lengthy and just captivate you for all the right reasons.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

This is also fitting for Halloween. Well mostly the music video is, than the song. Don't watch horror movies anymore, as I wouldn't be able to sleep for days. I watched "The Shining" three times. First time of course some of the scenes were really scary, second time still scary enough, but the third time it lost it's scary effect. :)

Edited by summer84

Hailed as the German Beastie Boys, H-Blockx were a hardcore/crossover rap band that had moderate success in Europe in the mid-1990s.

I saw them live at an open air festival once and they were quite entertaining.

Electro Swing version of Glen Miller's instrumental jazz piece. "The Song of the Volga Boatmen." Both sound great in their own way.  :radio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJRts1kwzKc "The Volga Boatmen"

(Read some background) "Glenn Miller's jazz arrangement took the song to #1 in the US charts in 1941. The "Song of the Volga Boatmen" is a well-known traditional Russian song. "

Edited by summer84

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Leigh Burne:

I'm sure most Floyd fans would disagree, but The Division Bell has always been my favourite of all the band's albums.

It's definitely less experimental and "ahead of the curve" than "Dark Side of the Moon" or "Wish You Were Here".  It's still unmistakably Pink Floyd, for all the right reasons. But yeah, I can see why some fans might not like it as much. They were kind of playing it safe on the album.

The weird thing about "High Hopes" is, I have loved the song ever since it came out. But I can only now in recent years fully appreciate what they are actually singing about. I guess you really have to be a certain age...

52 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

If you ever needed any proof that Christopher Walken is one of the coolest people on the planet... :)

I knew it was gonna be this video as soon as I saw the first few words on my feed! :) 

Super cool, indeed! I think he did broadway as a lad, hence these amazing skills. :thumbsup:

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

I knew it was gonna be this video as soon as I saw the first few words on my feed! :) 

Super cool, indeed! I think he did broadway as a lad, hence these amazing skills. :thumbsup:

Yeah, at least Wikipedia says that he originally trained to be a dancer before he moved into acting...

Either way, he was in pretty great shape for a guy in his late 50s at the time... :thumbsup: I'd have trouble doing some of those dance moves now in my 40s, with my bad back...

• Haha 1

one of the rare good songs of Metallica's later works... :thumbsup:

Like many people, I would agree that the Black Album, despite all its critically acclaimed songs, started Metallica's decline.

Edited by Daytona74