What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

Sad news... I'm really surprised to hear, that the lead singer of Cranberries is gone. I knew a couple of songs by the Irish band, especially liked "Dreams." RIP Dolores

Edited by summer84

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

Sad news... I'm really surprised to hear, that the lead singer of Cranberries is gone. I knew a couple of songs by the Irish band, especially liked "Dreams." RIP Dolores

I remember when this song was used by the Irish Tourist Board in its commercials, and as I'm Irish and have traveled there twice, it had some meaning for me. 

1920s Jazz style version of 13 of Bryan Ferry's songs. Really amazing. :radio:

"After forty years of making records, both in and out of Roxy Music, I thought now might be an interesting moment to revisit some of these songs, and approach them as instrumentals in the style of that magical period - bringing a new and different life to these songs -- a life without words." Bryan Ferry

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, summer84 said:

1920s Jazz style version of 13 of Bryan Ferry's songs. Really amazing. :radio:

"After forty years of making records, both in and out of Roxy Music, I thought now might be an interesting moment to revisit some of these songs, and approach them as instrumentals in the style of that magical period - bringing a new and different life to these songs -- a life without words." Bryan Ferry

I was interested to see these and read your post Summer - always liked Bryan Ferry and these recordings put a different slant completely on them- Thankyou for posting :cheers:

Edited by Matt5

19 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I was interested to see these and read your post Summer - always liked Bryan Ferry and these recordings put a different slant completely on them- Thankyou for posting :cheers:

Yes I like this type of music. For instance the instrumental piece "sing sing sing with a swing" is awesome!

It definitely does! I think he did a great job with his Bryan Ferry Orchestra reinterpreting these past songs through the Jazz music. 

Edited by summer84

4 hours ago, summer84 said:

Yes I like this type of music. For instance the instrumental piece "sing sing sing with a swing" is awesome!

It definitely does! I think he did a great job with his Bryan Ferry Orchestra reinterpreting these past songs through the Jazz music. 

Very well done and cool like Bryan Ferry himself this type of style of music does suit his voice and persona well:cheers:

4 hours ago, summer84 said:

This is also classic Ferry from 1987 and featured in Season 5s “To Have and to Hold”:cheers:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BrlnMV said:

This one shoulda been on Miami vice.. just writen too late I guess.. cool vibe.

Great song - Thankyou for posting :hippie: