What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

This is super sexy but there's only samples available unless you have Spotify. 

Luciano e Valerio, Giacomo e Michele: Odeon are the union of two couples of Roman brothers who are not easily defined. 

Take the mellow melodies of Talk Talk and the celestial guitar riffs of Cocteau Twins bound together with some heavy Goblin-inspired bassline and you’ll be close to picturing Odeon’s signature sound. Drawing from '70 Italian B-Movies' soundtracks, psychedelic rock and early 80s new wave, and combining analog synths, dreamy guitars, melancholy vocoder and drum machine-driven percussion, Odeon put together a debut album that sounds fresh and classic at the same time.
Ethereal and mesmerizing, Galaxies is the perfect soundtrack for a sonic journey through dying stars and forbidden planets.

Released by:
Edizioni Mondo
Album release date:
4 January 2018

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

I love 80s R&B! Thanks for sharing this. :thumbsup::radio:

Really ? Cool I just listened to this last nite got a nice vibe, chilled and synths :hippie:

• Like 1

I've just discovered this Italian record label and enjoying what I've found. Perfect soundtrack music.

It's got similarities to the French band Air who did the music for Lost in Translation.

I’ve always preferred this version. The vocals are good, but the music is much more enjoyable without them on this song, IMO. 

• Like 1

I spent a long time tracking down a copy of that album. Finally picked up the CD last year. It's actually a pretty good record, although the title track is far and away the best thing on it.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:50 PM, Dadrian said:

Just listen to 2 seconds of any of these guitar solos. Like him or not, nobody else has ever played like SRV! :fireworks:

I accidentally came across this on eBay while ago. I thought it would go nice with this post. :cool:

209DED6B-F70B-4085-B1D4-9CF32676CAA2.jpeg

On 2/2/2018 at 2:50 AM, Dadrian said:

Just listen to 2 seconds of any of these guitar solos. Like him or not, nobody else has ever played like SRV! :fireworks:

Damn, I never knew SRV played on that song. Shame it's only ever been out on one random vinyl single.

Edited by Leigh Burne
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Was on a Tangerine Dream kick and found this, never seen the film but sounds awesome.

You may already know this, but Tangerine Dream was actually considered to do the Miami Vice score at one time. Also, you know one of their songs actually appeared on MV, right? :cool:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

You may already know this, but Tangerine Dream was actually considered to do the Miami Vice score at one time.

Hmm that's interesting, were they considered because they worked with Mann before? Can imagine TD's Vice score being cool but glad they went with Jan in the end.

"The Keep" soundtrack is one of my favourite tangerine dream albums. (I think I posted this multiple times on here already):)

Edited by Vincent Hanna

31 minutes ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Hmm that's interesting, were they considered because they worked with Mann before? Can imagine TD's Vice score being cool but glad they went with Jan in the end.

I think it was after one of Jan’s threats to quit after season 2 or 3, as they considered others, but agreed Jan’s involvement was as important as a cast member.

Shamefully, Jan would eventually be impossible to persuade after season 4. ;( 

*cut to Behind the Music commercial break :)