What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

I have a real soft spot for theatrical 1970s rock, from the likes of Meat Loaf and Alice Cooper.

This is just about one of the most awesome songs that Alice Cooper ever recorded:

As Alice Cooper said in an interview, the "Steven" in this song is the seven year old child in all of us who must not die, in order for us to stay young inside.

But in his usual way, Alice Cooper knew how to turn that concept into an ingeniously eerie rock opera piece... :)

Edited by Daytona74

19 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Seeing and hearing this made me remember by teen years for it was my own Mother who introduced me to Bob Seger's music.  Yup, Mom was and still is a big fan.  

1 hour ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Seeing and hearing this made me remember by teen years for it was my own Mother who introduced me to Bob Seger's music.  Yup, Mom was and still is a big fan.  

Nice post Vicefan7777 glad you liked :hippie:

My wife and I took our 17-year old son to the 40th Anniversary Foreigner tour last week.  He's a big Foreigner fan.  So what I'm listening to right now is...

Edited by FerrariDaytonaSpyder
error
  • Like 2

And coincidentally enough, I watched "Rites of Passage" yesterday and got to hear this gem as Tubbs and Valerie got the news from Sonny about Valerie's sister, Diane:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FerrariDaytonaSpyder said:

My wife and I took our 17-year old son to the 40th Anniversary Foreigner tour last week.  He's a big Foreigner fan.  So what I'm listening to right now is...

Nice! I too am a huge Foreigner fan from way back. Was Lou Gramm performing in this tour? ( because I read that he was making appearances)

I met him back in 2015 during a book signing where he also performed an acoustic set for the audience. Was fantastic.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Nice! I too am a huge Foreigner fan from way back. Was Lou Gramm performing in this tour? ( because I read that he was making appearances)

I met him back in 2015 during a book signing where he also performed an acoustic set for the audience. Was fantastic.

He is performing on this tour (I know he performed 3-4 songs with the band around the end of July in New York) on certain dates, and I was hoping he'd hit the one we attended, but alas, he didn't.  The tour itself extends clear into November, so he has plenty of opportunities to get on stage with them.

As far as seeing him perform, as you did, Kelly Hansen (the current Foreigner lead) is great, but I was hoping to see Lou belt a song or two!

2 hours ago, FerrariDaytonaSpyder said:

He is performing on this tour (I know he performed 3-4 songs with the band around the end of July in New York) on certain dates, and I was hoping he'd hit the one we attended, but alas, he didn't.  The tour itself extends clear into November, so he has plenty of opportunities to get on stage with them.

As far as seeing him perform, as you did, Kelly Hansen (the current Foreigner lead) is great, but I was hoping to see Lou belt a song or two!

As far as I can see Gramm has only joined them for one date on the current tour 7/21 in Jones Beach , Long Island , NY 

:hippie:

Edited by Matt5

2 hours ago, Marc said:

I watched Atomic Blonde at the cinema last night. The whole soundtrack is quite ordinary and very "safe" but I liked this one.

I saw the trailer. Looks very interesting. Charlize Theron recently did a show on SiriusXM Radio 80s channel where she DJ'd the soundtrack and gave personal anecdotes about each song. It was pretty cool. 

For years, many of the sounds in "Voices Carry" remind me of Jan Hammer's theme for Robbie in "Buddies". 

Yeah I think everyone on here would really enjoy the movie. Porsche 911's being driven at high speeds, 1989 Berlin setting,  Charlize Theron looking drop dead gorgeous in and out of every costume. The cinematography is beautiful and every track is instantly recognisable as the well established hits of the era.  New Order, Cure, Bowie, Depeche Mode, George Michael and then the occasional German hits, 99 red balloons, Falco. Mostly original versions with a few covers blended in. I'd just like the music supervisor and director to have have been a bit more original though. I can't listen to I Ran by Flock of Seagulls one more time without just thinking they're ripping off Grand Theft Auto.