What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Matt5:

Lily was Here was a great track :dance2:

and it kind of launched Candy Dulfer's career as a very respectable saxophonist... one of her albums was even nominated for a Grammy, and she worked with Prince and Pink Floyd...

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

Thinking about starting to rewatch Fargo season one... kind of perfect for the bleak November weather we're having here...

Great series and Season 2 - have you seen Season 3 any good?:hippie:

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Matt5:

Great series and Season 2 - have you seen Season 3 any good?:hippie:

eh... season 3 was kind of all over the place. It got a lot of positive reviews, but it just felt like they were starting to lose the plot. It just went a little too far "out there" for me. The show just began to bask in its own weirdness too much.

You could even forgive season two its ludicrous aliens subplot. Because it was just so good all things considered. Season three was just a bit "neither here nor there", it lacked the tight storytelling of S1 and S2. If you liked season one and two, maybe you will like the third season as well. But there's about an even chance you will feel disappointed because they just didn't go the right way with it.

I dare you to name more than a handful of other songs that are as quintessentially "mid-80s" as this :thumbsup::radio:

To me, it has one of the finest synth hooks of that era...

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 3

On 08/11/2017 at 2:06 PM, Daytona74 said:

eh... season 3 was kind of all over the place. It got a lot of positive reviews, but it just felt like they were starting to lose the plot. It just went a little too far "out there" for me. The show just began to bask in its own weirdness too much.

You could even forgive season two its ludicrous aliens subplot. Because it was just so good all things considered. Season three was just a bit "neither here nor there", it lacked the tight storytelling of S1 and S2. If you liked season one and two, maybe you will like the third season as well. But there's about an even chance you will feel disappointed because they just didn't go the right way with it.

Thankyou for that - I would still like to check it out , but kind of you for your information :hippie:

27 minutes ago, Marc said:

Suuuuuuper cheesy. Never heard this before until just now. 

Peter Gaberial sample in there too.

I had no idea some rapper made an entire song about MV. That was fun to listen to. :) Thanks for sharing. 

2 minutes ago, summer84 said:

I had no idea some rapper made an entire song about MV. That was fun to listen to. :) Thanks for sharing. 

Yes Summer - I had no idea either - fun I agree :hippie::funky:

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Marc said:

Suuuuuuper cheesy. Never heard this before until just now. 

Peter Gaberial sample in there too.

I hadn't heard this either. Although it's full of cringe, it's surprisingly enjoyable to listen to. :)

On 07/11/2017 at 6:49 PM, Daytona74 said:

and it kind of launched Candy Dulfer's career as a very respectable saxophonist... one of her albums was even nominated for a Grammy, and she worked with Prince and Pink Floyd...

I never knew that .. thankyou :hippie: