What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

• Administrators

Why didn't they use this in Phil the Shill instead of Eric Clapton's? It has such a better "party atmosphere" to it.

3 hours ago, James said:

Why didn't they use this in Phil the Shill instead of Eric Clapton's? It has such a better "party atmosphere" to it.

I agree , I loved the Clapton version but it didn’t really work in “Phil the Shill” in my opinion:hippie:

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I agree , I loved the Clapton version but it didn’t really work in “Phil the Shill” in my opinion:hippie:

Yeah, it was used in a party scene, but it's a slow song so it doesn't really work in that sense. You use dance style music at parties to keep people dancing and partying. You cannot dance to Eric Clapton's. 

8 hours ago, James said:

Yeah, it was used in a party scene, but it's a slow song so it doesn't really work in that sense. You use dance style music at parties to keep people dancing and partying. You cannot dance to Eric Clapton's. 

I agree - Clapton’s is great but doesn’t work in that scene that well.:hippie::)

Have you ever noticed the guitar at the beginning of this song (and throughout) sounds exactly like the pulsing guitar crunches in Jan Hammer’s cues from “Buddies”?  It’s because Jan and this guitarist (THE Dan Huff) are both using a Rockman amp. :radio::thumbsup:

FF961A60-8E57-4A17-B949-6FA82F0384AB.jpeg

18 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Have you ever noticed the guitar at the beginning of this song (and throughout) sounds exactly like the pulsing guitar crunches in Jan Hammer’s cues from “Buddies”?  It’s because Jan and this guitarist (THE Dan Huff) are both using a Rockman amp. :radio::thumbsup:

FF961A60-8E57-4A17-B949-6FA82F0384AB.jpeg

Actually yes no I can hear it :hippie::radio: