Questions To Our New Forum Software / Fragen Zur Neuen Forensoftware

mvnyc

When I recently looked at the site on my Android mobile, I was asked if I wanted to use Tapatalk or Forumrunner. Does anyone have experience with either, and how will they improve mobile viewing?

When I recently looked at the site on my Android mobile, I was asked if I wanted to use Tapatalk or Forumrunner. Does anyone have experience with either, and how will they improve mobile viewing?

Forumrunner i don't use cause you have to pay for it.I use Tapatalk and sometimes the browser from my Samsung S3...Tapatalk shows you very fast the lastest posts ( in a kind of list) and gives you the oportunity to respond easily to them, without showing the whole site... Edited by Christian

Forumrunner i don't use cause you have to pay for it.

I use Tapatalk and sometimes the browser from my Samsung S3...Tapatalk shows you very fast the lastest posts ( in a kind of list) and gives you the oportunity to respond easily to them, without showing the whole site...

Thanks ...I wasn't aware Tapatalk was a free app. I do like the list format as you mention.

Thanks for the screenshots. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 blaze, and the browser look I have is not like yours and is not very user friendly. Your screenshot is more like how the old software appeared on my phone. 

Might try Tapatalk. Thanks again.

• Administrators

Tapatalk and ForumRunner are both apps for smartphone/tablets that optimize the look of internet forum software. We had both apps installed with our old forum  software as well.

But to my opinion you don't really need any of them. Our forum software built-in mobile style looks pretty good (at least on my iPhone(iPad).

With tablets and smartphone displays getting larger with every new release you can use the "full" style of miamiviceonline.com

But to my opinion you don't really need any of them. Our forum software built-in mobile style looks pretty good (at least on my iPhone(iPad).

With tablets and smartphone displays getting larger with every new release you can use the "full" style of miamiviceonline.com

KaeptnCaipi is right. I forgot there is a function of the browser to change between "mobile style" and the "desktop style"...

and that mobile style of the forum comes pretty close to that Tapatalk look:

post-938-0-63432500-1392022835_thumb.png

Thanks Christian and Caipi. I installed Tapatalk and compared with the mobile version of the site software and they are similar. Think the only thing I see that might make Tapatalk useful is that it has the latest posts as a viewing option.  

Just takes some experimenting on this on my small screen Samsung device. :)