Hello From Finland

Antti Luode

I was a kid in the 80es (born 73).. My family had some money (we lost it all later on) and Miami Vice

painted a picture that I wanted to visit. .

We actually had a house under construction in Ft Lauredale and my brother learnt to fly in Florida.. So

I thought one of these days I would surely visit Florida..

Turns out my family lost all our money.. My dad went banktrupt.. I ended up being a poor musician..

But I did marry a Georgia girl..

I have spent years in Georgia visiting her family.. But Florida.. I have been in Florida 2 nights total.. :D

My wife and I watched the whole series a couple years ago.. I had forgotten almost everything about it..But I still love it.

The  Miami Vice effect was real strong when I was kid.. We were probably watching it some years after US,

and our fashion was trailing it likewise..

There was and is something about the series that really makes a Finn dream.. It is cold and dark up here..

Watching palm trees, neon colors and fast cars.. It really takes you away for a bit..

I still feel that Miami Vice could easily be rebooted.. Like Gunsmoke.. There is something timeless about the

series.. About Miami.. The city by the sea with the tall towers, the poor, the rich and the heat..

Nice to meet ya all.. :D

Hi Aliuode  :D Happy welcome to the best Miami Vice community on earth !!Hope to read a lot of your thoughts and ideas just around MV.Enjoy this wonderful forum  :done:  :done:  :done:

• Like 1

I was a kid in the 80es (born 73).. My family had some money (we lost it all later on) and Miami Vice

painted a picture that I wanted to visit. .

We actually had a house under construction in Ft Lauredale and my brother learnt to fly in Florida.. So

I thought one of these days I would surely visit Florida..

Turns out my family lost all our money.. My dad went banktrupt.. I ended up being a poor musician..

But I did marry a Georgia girl..

I have spent years in Georgia visiting her family.. But Florida.. I have been in Florida 2 nights total.. :D

My wife and I watched the whole series a couple years ago.. I had forgotten almost everything about it..But I still love it.

The  Miami Vice effect was real strong when I was kid.. We were probably watching it some years after US,

and our fashion was trailing it likewise..

There was and is something about the series that really makes a Finn dream.. It is cold and dark up here..

Watching palm trees, neon colors and fast cars.. It really takes you away for a bit..

I still feel that Miami Vice could easily be rebooted.. Like Gunsmoke.. There is something timeless about the

series.. About Miami.. The city by the sea with the tall towers, the poor, the rich and the heat..

Nice to meet ya all.. :D

Welcome to a great site about a great show :radio:  :baby2: