How Often Do You Watch The Show?

hallthom

I see there are a lot of big time fans in the forums here and it made me wonder a few things:

1. How often do you watch the show?

2. How many times have you seen all of the episodes?

3. Which episode have you watched the most?

Thanks

Hi Hallthom,

1). Currently, I'm watching them by the original production schedule, but only during the week, so tonight will be Season One and "The Maze", Tuesday, Season Two, etc.

2). I would guess about 10-15 times each episode.

3). Probably the Burnett Trilogy: "Mirror Image"/"Hostile Takeover"/"Redemption In Blood"

• Administrators

1. Whenever I'm bored and have nothing to do during the week. And every Friday and Saturday night I watch a handful of episodes. Since I started watching it again I am up to the second episode of season 2.

2. About two or three times.

3. Brothers Keeper, Definitely Miami, Florence Italy, Calderones Return (parts I & II)

Edited by SL1DE

1) At least once a week

2) I've lost counts, let's just say A LOT!

3) Depends, I tend to change my cycle of favorites.

Ha ha like you comment lets just say a lot  :D  :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Tonight I finished re-watching the entire series.  I had started in January.  It's been a fun ride!  Freefall gets me every time.

;(  ;(  "Tell me ..."    ;(  ;(

This is the 4th time I've watched the series straight through in order.   During the original NBC run in the 1980s I only watched the first 3 seasons.  I watched the entire series twice in 2000 when it started airing on TNN.  In 2001-2003, I often watched individual episodes, but then I totally stopped doing that.  Since 2003 I only watch individual scenes to hunt down filming locations or to look at details that are discussed in these forums.  The exception is when the DVDs were released.  At that point I did another run through the whole series. 

I have no idea which eps I've seen the most, but it's definitely something from S1 or S2.

• Like 2

I used to watch the show regurarly when it was on air, I recorded every single ep on VHS and kept watching them till the early 90s.

Last year I watched the 5 seasons from the pilot to Freefall (DVD box set), one ep a day. It's been the first time in 25+ years.

Believe it or not, I'm doing the same this year.

Addiction - or just taste for good things?

As soon as the sun comes out !!!.... Out come the DVDs .. Unfortunately my wife and kids moan .. So I have to get up early before I go to work ... Hooked on season 3 this year watch an episode every day ..... Can't find a cure

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1. How often? at least once a week. I'm currently in a heavy phase, so at least 3 or 4 per week
2. On average, I've probably seen each 10 times, some more, some less
3. This is an easy one...most watched episode...the pilot "Brother's Keeper", as this is the one I show friends who have never seen the show. What better place to get them started?

I watched religiously in the original run in the 80's, recorded many episodes on VHS. Took a few years off, as VHS faded as the popular viewing format but caught  episodes on FX network and TVLand broadcasts. At some point  a few years ago I obtained every season on DVD, and have been in a constant state of viewing ever since, though I occasionally take a break for a month or two. I typically do a full run of the series, in order. I just finished season one again last week, so I'm actually signing off now to fire up  "Prodigal Son" in a few minutes to kick off season two.

• Like 1

I put it on at least a couple times a week.  Sometimes more.

I jump from season to season without any reason.  The episode has to fit my mood at that time.  Sometimes I'm triggered by hearing a song from, say, 1985.  Then, I'l want to put on a season 1 (or early season 2) episode.

I hadn't paid much attention to the music of 1987-1990 because I didn't like the polished production values.  But I was over at a friend's house and he had a playlist with music from 1987 only.  So I kind of got in to it and started paying more attention to season 3.  Which led me to watching more of season 4 and so on.

I also put Vice on when I am physically ill.  I always feel better if I don't feel good during the day...just put on some Vice, lay back on the couch and chill.

• Like 3

At least once a week. I just had a 4 month hiatus due to moving interstate, to a place where the weather is identical to Miami! It is located on the member map.

To celebrate moving into the new place I watched the whole first and second DVD's :)

Edited by Bilders
  • Like 1

• Administrators

At least once a week. I just had a 4 month hiatus due to moving interstate, to a place where the weather is identical to Miami! It is located on the member map.

To celebrate moving into the new place I watched the whole first and second DVD's :)

Cairns, hey? Not bad. I've never been that far north, Brisbane's as north as I've ever been. :)

Cairns, hey? Not bad. I've never been that far north, Brisbane's as north as I've ever been. :)

Yeah brother where all the beaches are. When Crockett tells Tubbs, "This is Miami. Things are more.. Relaxed.", it rings true up here!

• Like 1

1. How often do you watch the show?

Recently (in the past month or so) I have been trying to watch about 5 episodes per week.  Sometimes I only have time to watch a couple of scenes, though.

When the show was originally broadcast, I missed the entire first season, mainly due to my work schedule.  Started watching with the S2 premiere, Prodigal Son, and I was hooked.  Pretty sure I either saw or taped every episode after that until Freefall.  I hadn't seen any of the 3 eps broadcast after Freefall until sometime later; caught 1-2 of them on USA reruns.  Just viewed Too Much, Too Late last week--thought for the first time but it did seem familiar so may have seen it before.  At one time I had all/most eps recorded on VHS and used to watch them periodically but my husband didn't like it--I think he was jealous.   But my kids were still in school and between my work and their activities, MV fell by the wayside.  I got rid of all my tapes and didn't think any more about it until a few years ago when I decided to see if there was any good MV fanfiction.  Then a couple of months ago I discovered episodes were available to watch on Hulu... 

2. How many times have you seen all of the episodes?

Some I've only seen once, probably.  Cows of October, many eps of S1, Miracle Man, and a few others.

3. Which episode have you watched the most?

When Irish Eyes are Crying.  Love the song, The Last Unbroken Heart, as well as Sonny's support of Gina throughout the ep, even though he didn't fully trust Carroon.  Maybe it's kind of corny and a lot of people don't seem to love it, but I do.  Although To Have and To Hold has some real weaknesses in the characterizations and storyline, I enjoyed seeing Sonny reconnect with Caroline and Billy, and the fishing scene at the end is great.  Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Evan, and Back in the World/ Stone's War are favorites but I haven't watched them as often.  My dad was in Vietnam and while I was growing up the war was a huge issue that tore the US apart, so that backstory of Sonny's was interesting to me.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

mostly I watch 1-2 times a week making my self some snacks and some drinks,sit down,relax and watch from 2 to 5 episodes.good and fun time on my book and it never gets boring to me even if I already saw the episode hundred times.Vice is Vice baby:cool:

I watch it every night for a month or two, then I slack off for a month or two. I listen to the soundtrack almost everyday, though. :) 

• Like 1

Haven't been watching Miami Vice much this year.  

Last year I watched all the episodes in order, except for skipping a few of season 5, but next time I plan on watching every episode there.

Most have watched each episode 3-4 times in all. Some only once. I tend to pick episodes from S1 and S2. Really enjoy watching the lighter episodes and the ones with Sonny and Gina. :fireworks:

Edited by summer84

I like to watch it in the summer mostly, that way after I've watched an episode, I get inspired by what Crockett's wearing and I go about my day wearing the same outfit. xD

I don't know, but let's say LOTS!

Pilot, Heart Of Darkness, Calderone's Return P1 & 2, etc..

13 hours ago, summer84 said:

Haven't been watching Miami Vice much this year.  

Last year I watched all the episodes in order, except for skipping a few of season 5, but next time I plan on watching every episode there.

Most have watched each episode 3-4 times in all. Some only once. I tend to pick episodes from S1 and S2. Really enjoy watching the lighter episodes and the ones with Sonny and Gina. :fireworks:

Hopefully the new blu ray will get you started again :D:D