How Often Do You Watch The Show?

hallthom

8 hours ago, Detective_Crockett said:

I like to watch it in the summer mostly, that way after I've watched an episode, I get inspired by what Crockett's wearing and I go about my day wearing the same outfit. xD

I don't know, but let's say LOTS!

Pilot, Heart Of Darkness, Calderone's Return P1 & 2, etc..

Great episodes :D

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Hopefully the new blu ray will get you started again :D:D

If the price drops to more than half of what it is now and no issues occur, like it did with the Mill Creek release, then it's gonna be awesome! :cool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, summer84 said:

If the price drops to more than half of what it is now and no issues occur, like it did with the Mill Creek release, then it's gonna be awesome! :cool:

Ha ha ! There's two big hopes there ! :D:cheers:

• 5 months later...

How often? Many times a week. I recently binge watched season 1-5, every Ep watching about 10 shows a week while slugging back some black jack shots (which I think was Sonny's fav and he sipped the shot). After that was done I started over lol. I'm now in the middle of S3 again lol. After not seeing any MV for over 20 years I must say it sucked me right back into it all.

1 hour ago, ZAO178 said:

How often? Many times a week. I recently binge watched season 1-5, every Ep watching about 10 shows a week while slugging back some black jack shots (which I think was Sonny's fav and he sipped the shot). After that was done I started over lol. I'm now in the middle of S3 again lol. After not seeing any MV for over 20 years I must say it sucked me right back into it all.

Not as often as Id like- but I recently finished Season 5 and started again with Season 1 on blu ray !:thumbsup:

• Like 3

Truth be told, I'll prob never be done watching MV lol. MV binge watching doesn't get much better for TV for me though Sopranos is a close second. Watching the last 2 episodes of that starting right now.

I will binge watch MV, from Pilot TV movie clear through the Freefall finale...I actually have some original airings put onto DVDs, as well as the official Universal DVDs. It's awesome to go through both! But then I'll take a break for a couple years and go thru other shows I love. But I will always return at some point and go thru the show again. :cool: Currently Im going thru MV again and it's been closer to 5-6 years since I last watched it...loving it all the more! :thumbsup:  I've heard there were problems with the Blu-Ray sets, and most episodes were just the DVD (aka syndicated) versions reused. :thumbsdown: So at this point I'm cool with the DVDs. 

2 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

I will binge watch MV, from Pilot TV movie clear through the Freefall finale...I actually have some original airings put onto DVDs, as well as the official Universal DVDs. It's awesome to go through both! But then I'll take a break for a couple years and go thru other shows I love. But I will always return at some point and go thru the show again. :cool: Currently Im going thru MV again and it's been closer to 5-6 years since I last watched it...loving it all the more! :thumbsup:  I've heard there were problems with the Blu-Ray sets, and most episodes were just the DVD (aka syndicated) versions reused. :thumbsdown: So at this point I'm cool with the DVDs. 

Just out of curiosity, which of the original airings do you have?

I have to admit been slacking a bit watching episodes you know life gets in the way but good things sometimes. 

I really like Brothers Keeper and also when Sonny turned into a real bad boy Burnett then freefall. I know I jump around . Have to get into watching them again . 

22 hours ago, alleycat said:

I have to admit been slacking a bit watching episodes you know life gets in the way but good things sometimes. 

I really like Brothers Keeper and also when Sonny turned into a real bad boy Burnett then freefall. I know I jump around . Have to get into watching them again . 

Great episodes indeed - I like to watch in order :hippie:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I go through periods where I watch it fairly regularly. No binge watching but a few episodes a week. After it ended, I watched it a lot in syndication on USA & TNN. I also got a beta & watched my some of original recordings. Beta really looked good. Now that I've got the blu rays, I'll watch more. It's always great to discover episodes I haven't watched to death. There are also episodes I didn't like when they originally aired but love now. 

I'm planning to start with season 4 since I don't remember the last 2 seasons as well.  Save my favorite episodes for later. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like to watch it every summer, any other time just feels wrong :) I like to watch as many episodes as I can every summer.

Normally May - August is my Vice period  

But of course there are exceptions, I guess I'll watch it whenever I truly feel like it, life gets in the way sometimes.

EDIT: Oh damn, I said the same thing last year on this same thread :):):)

Edited by Detective_Crockett
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

I watch the show maybe 4-5 days out of the week. The number of episodes I watch per day varies from 1-5.

I've seen nearly every episode at least once. There are 3 episodes I have yet to watch however - The Fix, Hell Hath No Fury, and Leap of Faith.

My most watched episodes are Brother's Keeper, Evan, Lombard, El Viejo, Definitely Miami, and Stone's War.

• Like 1

I watch two to three episodes a week. I like to savor them rather than binge watch. Right now, the cable station, Starz has it on and I've been watching one or two on that. I'm in the middle of the Burnett Saga. It's been a long time since I saw it and I still find my eyes glued to the screen. Sonny's "amnesia" may be nutty, but I think DJ pulls it off. And seeing Rico trying so hard to bring him back, is heartbreaking. Kladdagh, you're lucky your wife watches it with you. I can't get anyone to join in!

Before we moved, I'd watch at least a couple a week. Some specifically when I was charting Crockett's background. The DVDs are still packed, so I haven't watched any episodes for some time now (almost two years).

7 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

I watch two to three episodes a week. I like to savor them rather than binge watch. Right now, the cable station, Starz has it on and I've been watching one or two on that. I'm in the middle of the Burnett Saga. It's been a long time since I saw it and I still find my eyes glued to the screen. Sonny's "amnesia" may be nutty, but I think DJ pulls it off. And seeing Rico trying so hard to bring him back, is heartbreaking. Kladdagh, you're lucky your wife watches it with you. I can't get anyone to join in!

I do exactly the same, I like to savor them as well, I watch them on a Fri & Sat evening with friends who love the show as well, I sort of have a routine where I watch an episode around 9pm and before that I watch a few "Cheers" episodes leading up to it, tomorrow its "Forgive Us Our Debts"

A real treat :)

• Like 2

I go thru clusters of activity with the show which can be as much as months apart, as I do with other shows and topics/hobbies. Often I will concentrate on a particular season or theme. Such as when Dennis Farina died, I watched all the Lombard episodes in tribute.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 2:59 PM, Bren10 said:

I go thru clusters of activity with the show which can be as much as months apart, as I do with other shows and topics/hobbies. Often I will concentrate on a particular season or theme. Such as when Dennis Farina died, I watched all the Lombard episodes in tribute.

Dennis Farina has always been one of my favorite guest stars on MV. I just found this Article from the Chicago Tribune written back in 2004 that discusses Farina's acting career, bringing out some interesting facts I never knew. Hope you enjoy it! https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2004-09-22-0409220040-story.html

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2017 at 10:40 AM, ViceFanMan said:

This was my post from a couple years ago...still stand by it. I went through MV, and displayed all my memorabilia, back in ‘17. Im waiting a couple-three years and I’ll go through it again. :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

• Administrators

I watch the full series one episode per night just before bed during summer. But right now winter is coming and I finished Miami Vice mid-March and started Burn Notice. 

• Like 1