Episode #80 "The Cows Of October"

Ferrariman

19 minutes ago, pahonu said:

I would like to have seen the series as Mann originally envisioned the Dan Tanna character.

Likewise, I always wondered how Magnum pi would have been if Rick’s character remained the operator of the nightclub in the pilot, with all the drug sales and underworld activity.  A missed opportunity, I think. The King Kamehameha Club storylines could still have existed with Higgins on the board of the club.

True...but for whatever reasons I like how they ultimately did VEGA$...it seemed to work for the show & the time period it was on. 

I liked the idea of Rick managing the nightclub in “Magnum”, too! Love that show!! It was sort of an old 30s/40s gangster throwback. But, he still dealt with some club action during the show, and his buddy ‘Ice Pick’ helped keep some of that alive. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Izzy is threatened with torture in a place called 'La Cabaña', in Cuba.

La Cabaña ('The Cabin') was the Cuban equivalent of the Russian Lubyanka prison, where torture and murder of political dissidents were par for the course.

It's no longer used as a prison. Now it's become a tourist attraction:

https://translatingcuba.com/the-taciturn-ghosts-of-la-cabana-ivan-garcia/

Edited by johnnyfarragut
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

I’ve been going through season 4. Some I watched in the 80’s & some I just missed. I was losing interest in the show as the season wore on.  I like to go on IMDB to rate each episode so I know which ones I’ve seen & which ones I still need to watch. Quite a few season 4 score under 5 for me.  It’s been pretty bad. Instead of reinventing the look of the show they needed to focus on writing. 

“Cows of October”, while not great, wasn’t too bad. I had an idea of what to expect and my expectations were low. This was decent though. I gave it a 5

This episode like others in season 4 is a complete embarrassment.

I never thought I would hear the Magnificent Seven theme in Miami Vice :eek:

Edited by RedDragon86