Set a limit on avatar and signature size

Pilsener

As it is now, the avatars and signature fills more than half of my screen for every post. The text itself almost disappears.It's not necessary to have a 450x300 picture in your signature.Not even if it's of Heather Locklear.

Agreed.There needs to be some limits imposed. The members need this when they don't seem to be able to regulate themselves. The Heather pictures are the most blatant example currently.

I'm all for a well regulated site but if the Administrators don't have a problem with it what's the harm? You just have to do a little more scrolling to see the text. Some members have fun with their signatures and avatars and that's one of the purposes of the site- right?

As long as no one is chronically beating their chests, calling people cowards at the drop of a hat and generally behaving like raging a-holes (remember those days?), I don't care what anyone puts in their sig or av. I suppose it's a good sign, though, that this is all we have to complain about. I'll defer to the admins.

• Administrators
As it is now' date=' the avatars and signature fills more than half of my screen for every post. The text itself almost disappears.It's not necessary to have a 450x300 picture in your signature.Not even if it's of Heather Locklear.[/quote']Hi Pilsener,I agree to your post. The forum is a Miami Vice forum where MV content and not signatures are important. I dont't have a problem reading the posts as my monitor is big enough. But I can understand users with a smaller monitor or smaller display settings who don't feel comfortable.However, I don't want to decide it on my own, we have to talk about it within the board team.

• Administrators

If the signatures or avatars are shown or not and how many posts shall be shown can be choosen by the member himself.How to do:Go to "User CP" (in the lower pink navigation bar).Then click: "Settings & Options" --> "Edit options" scroll down to the box "Thread Display Options"There you can choose if you want to see the signature or not.

Sounds like the perfect solution. Pilsener, does that work for you?

• Administrators
:thumbsup::thumbsup:Perfect solution I think.

If the signatures or avatars are shown or not and how many posts shall be shown can be choosen by the member himself.How to do:Go to "User CP" (in the lower pink navigation bar).Then click: "Settings & Options" --> "Edit options" scroll down to the box "Thread Display Options"There you can choose if you want to see the signature or not.In the same box you can choose how many posts shall be shown on one site (up to 40 - but then you have to scroll a lot ;)).