Anyone Found Duffy's Neon Lights?

skystrick

Season 3, Episode 18 - "Lend Me an Ear"

In Duddy's house, he has these really cool freestanding neon lamps - I believe in pink, blue, and green (although we never actually see the green one, just the glow from it). There appears to be at least two each of the pink and blue, becuase you can see in the photos where they're located in different places in his house.

Has anyone found these EXACT model lamps? I know there are other SIMILAR style freestanding neon floor lamps, but I'm wondering about these ones specifically, with the U-shaped neon tubes.

Perhaps they weren't an actual production item, but rather a custom prop made by Mr. Neon out of Hialeah, FL (who I know handled a lot of the neon lighting for the show)?

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by skystrick
  • Like 1

Agree, they are cool.  Never seen anything like them.  My guess is that they were custom props.  Mr. Neon in Hialeah could make them for you and might even still have the originals.  He kept the animated neon lips from LMD.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

Agree, they are cool.  Never seen anything like them.  My guess is that they were custom props.  Mr. Neon in Hialeah could make them for you and might even still have the originals.  He kept the animated neon lips from LMD.

Did he then loan the lips to the Burn Notice crew, as I seem to recall seeing them in an early ep?

Would like to know if he still has those iconic lips.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Thanks skystrick for bringing this topic up as I also loved those neons in that episode. You've got me thinking I should be adding to my semi-80s décor in my house with some neon now. :)

If you find them pls do let us know.

had seen some thing like this in one of my local bar but its much more longer,about a 2,5 meters height put next to a wall.looks really cool but when I tried to re-buy it or at least get info where did they get it did not manage to do neither of that.they did not want sell it to me and also they told that the owner purchased it from Germany.oh also the light of it was purple.

Edited by Victor

nice thread. I think Lend me an ear is one of the best visual eps with lots of neon night scenes.

I don't want to come across too picky here but the character is called Duddy (Miami Steve). At first I thought this is an off-topic thread about Dallas and Patrick Duffy :-)

had seen some thing like this in one of my local bar but its much more longer,about a 2,5 meters height ... oh also the light of it was purple.

Thanks, but please stick to the topic - we're talking about the SPECIFIC lights in this episode. Yes, there are other styles of freestanding neon lamp - including one which was featured in at least two other M.V. episodes and is amazingly still being manufactured. But we're not talking about that here. Please don't muddy the waters with similar neon lights.

nice thread. I think Lend me an ear is one of the best visual eps with lots of neon night scenes.

Agreed! There were maybe three or four episodes which had reallllllly good neon mood lighting, and this is definitely one of them! They managed to light up Duddy's house indoors, and Dykstra's house outdoors, with some of the most amazingly intense monochromatic neon seen in the series. It's like crawling INSIDE the Miami Vice logo and having sex with it (before they ruined it starting season 3 by changing the pink neon to white, at the same time they ruined Crockett's wardrobe with all the dark and intense colors...)

Thanks, but please stick to the topic - we're talking about the SPECIFIC lights in this episode. Yes, there are other styles of freestanding neon lamp - including one which was featured in at least two other M.V. episodes and is amazingly still being manufactured. But we're not talking about that here. Please don't muddy the waters with similar neon lights.

sorry about that.

Edited by Victor

Great information Jim :D

Did he then loan the lips to the Burn Notice crew, as I seem to recall seeing them in an early ep?

Would like to know if he still has those iconic lips.

I think Jim might have posted this information somewhere in the forum but if memory serves me right from that post. Yes they were the very set of lips used in Burn Notice and he still has them. They have to be one of the coolest things in any vice episode, when you see those lips you know right away which episode it is.

I think Jim might have posted this information somewhere in the forum but if memory serves me right from that post. Yes they were the very set of lips used in Burn Notice and he still has them. They have to be one of the coolest things in any vice episode, when you see those lips you know right away which episode it is.

Great item I agree :D  :fireworks: