Episode 18 - Made For Each Other

miamijimf

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 8:53am by airtommyCostelada's yacht Jockey Club Marina 11111 Biscayne Boulevard Miami This is the same place as Newton Blade's yacht in Prodigal Son. The building seen behind Switek & Zito as they are about to jump aboard the yacht at 45:01 ...Eingefügtes Bild... is identical to the one seen around 17:40 in Prodigal Son. It is #3 in this sat pic: Eingefügtes BildAt 14:59 in Made For Each Other, in the distance you can see the same building that appears at 17:18 in Prodigal Son. Posted: 20 November 2006 at 9:07am by airtommyAround 40:40, Switek & Zito meet Bonzo Barry: Eingefügtes Bild I think this is around NW 10th St. & NW 1st Ave, one block north of where Tubbs parked to hunt for the warehouse in Little Prince. There is a little white building seen behind them at that intersection which could be used to confirm this location. Posted: 22 November 2006 at 3:48am by SOFLAJEREMYBeen tied up for a couple days but I'm back and catching up on the post.. Airtommy you are right about the bonzo barry meeting which was just a little north of the courth house.Posted: 05 November 2007 at 9:12pm by airtommyMiamiVice.info is having an auction for the call sheet from Made For Each Other. I haven't looked at it yet. I'm going to watch the ep tonight to see if there are any more locations to hunt before I peek. Posted: 20 January 2008 at 10:53pm by SOFLAJEREMYok detectives does anyone know where the drive in theater is / was where they take the cement truck to sell it? anyone?? Posted: 21 January 2008 at 5:00am by DanJWell whichever drive-in it was, it's probably gone now. I can remember three different drive-ins, all of which are now history: The Tropicaire at Bird Road & SR826 which today is the site of a Best Buy, the drive-in at LeJuene Road and SR836 whose name I forget and whose site is now the Airport Marriott, and a drive-in in North Miami on Biscayne Boulevard which was somewhere near the FIU Bay Vista campus which I believe is now the Site of a Target store.If I had to guess, I would say it was the drive-in on Biscayne Boulevard because of its proximity to Greenwich Studioes. Posted: 21 January 2008 at 5:38am by SOFLAJEREMYThanks I will see what I can dig upPosted: 19 July 2008 at 9:39am by Ell.aHi detectives, I need some help concerning Switek's appartment in "Made for each other" and "Hard knocks". Can you help, please? Posted: 19 July 2008 at 11:56am by DanJSwitek's pad was at 7615 Harding Avenue on Miami Beach. A few months ago SoFlaJeremy and I visited the spot and it appeared to be under renovation.Eingefügtes BildPosted: 19 July 2008 at 12:49pm by Ell.aThanks DanJ! I know this adress fits for "Made for each other" (listed in Christian's Location Guide). But if you follow the link I posted above ---> click me please! ---> you'll see what I mean - The differences in "Hard knocks". It's the same address anyway?EDIT: Ohhh, by the way ... Are you able you locate the place of Zito's burnt down house? No, it's not a joke ... I know it might be impossible to locate. But if there are people in the universe who can make it ... i guess that I will find theme here. That's why I ask this stupid question. Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:22pm by DanJThanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't know if we will ever find Zitoe's burned down house - hah (Maybe a location sheet will give up that spot.)! As far as your other question regarding Switek's place, I haven't studied "Hard Knocks" but have to assume that they used the rear stairway in that episode. I don't think it was any sort of backward image trickery.Note in my pictures that the red trim paint is only on the stairs and balistrade - this paint job obviously was done between episodes then. Maybe they ran out of paint for the rest of the building?Here's a different view of the building, taken from the back side, showing both stairways:Eingefügtes BildSorry about the lighting, but it was twilight and my camera was looking into the sun.Posted: 19 July 2008 at 3:32pm by Ell.aThanks DanJ - that helped a lot!!!Concerning Zito's house ... well ... I believe in you! Posted: 20 July 2008 at 7:18am by airtommyI wonder where they were driving as they approached Zito's burning house. It seems they drive by a stadium. Also, they might be on a curved causeway at one point? Posted: 25 November 2008 at 4:55pm by NofretzOriginally posted by airtommyI wonder where they were driving as they approached Zito's burning house. It seems they drive by a stadium. Also, they might be on a curved causeway at one point? i watched this ep last night. it looked like tennis courts or basketball courts under those lights. i dunno, i was pretty sleepy. i thought of flamingo park over close to gina's place. any chance? are those courts visible from the road? or were they in '84?

• 9 months later...

They decided that there aren't enough high-rise condominiums in Miami, so they had to build another one. :)

just like when there were too many cool vice locations in miami, so they tore another one down at 12th and collins, and threw up another parking lot. jeez, i sound like a tree-hugger.

Last time I was in Miami, I was lamenting the loss of the two vacant lots in the south bank of the Miami River where they filmed so many of these scenes. Then I thought about it and said, "Man, what kind of location freak does one have to be to get upset over the loss of a vacant lot?" :)I suppose it would be tough to convince the Miami Historic Preservation program to add these vacant lots to their list ...

Miami citizens don't realize how lucky they are . i've gone to Miami long time ago i immediatly loved the cool atmosphere there , really a nice town , like often with by the sea cities but Miami is really a cool place to live . i believe Everglades wilderness nearby has to do with that cool feeling we can feel at Miami . Everglades is really a wild area and combining Miami modernity with Everglades authenticity nearby you add the Florida sun and you just get one of the coolest cocktail :cheers:

Last time I was in Miami' date=' I was lamenting the loss of the two vacant lots in the south bank of the Miami River where they filmed so many of these scenes. Then I thought about it and said, "Man, what kind of location freak does one have to be to get upset over the loss of a vacant lot?" :)I suppose it would be tough to convince the Miami Historic Preservation program to add these vacant lots to their list ...[/quote']That doesn't sound strange to me airtommy. Of course I am a certifyable location freak. Not sure that recognizing property as historically important helps. East Coast Fisheries was supposedly on the National Register and it's gone.

maybe there should be a conservation expiry date and when it's over then the building isn't protected anymore , so that if the building has an emotional value to some people it can be preserved for a while but in the same time not "trying to stop time" which is if you think well about it a non-sense behaviour :confused:

maybe there should be a conservation expiry date and when it's over then the building isn't protected anymore ' date=' so that if the building has an emotional value to some people it can be preserved for a while but in the same time not "trying to stop time" which is if you think well about it a non-sense behaviour :confused:[/quote']But if it weren't for the efforts of people like Barbara Capitman and others interested in preservation, none of the original art deco buildings would be standing and the whole of South Beach would be like another Trump towers ghetto so we wouldn't be able to go location hunting. I love that the buildings there are being utilised and upgraded without the demolition ball wrecking them.I remember Sunny Isles from the 1980s before Trump et al arrived to build mega-monsters and I'm delighted South Beach hasn't turned out the same way.

But if it weren't for the efforts of people like Barbara Capitman and others interested in preservation' date=' none of the original art deco buildings would be standing and the whole of South Beach would be like another Trump towers ghetto so we wouldn't be able to go location hunting. I love that the buildings there are being utilised and upgraded without the demolition ball wrecking them.I remember Sunny Isles from the 1980s before Trump et al arrived to build mega-monsters and I'm delighted South Beach hasn't turned out the same way.[/quote']Caroline , you're absolutely right Miami without all these art deco building wouldn't be Miami . i was talking of a conservation date with a big expiry date 100 years or more . i'm french myself and when i see all these cathedrals of course they are beautiful but in a way trying to keep them standing indefinitly somewhere it makes me sad , it's the past it's not France we have to move on :confused: . we keep standing buildings that are 800 years old what are we afraid of , not to be able to create better :confused: , that's what i was trying to say in my other post . you see for my part i feel more concerned by the Miami art deco buildings than by the french cathedrals , that's true .

East Coast FisheriesEingefügtes BildI took this picture from a coach during a tour of Miami in Sept 2007. At the time I thought I recognised the name. Sorry it isn't clearer but it does show the Fisheries in the centre. This is the closest I can crop the picture before it gets distorted:Eingefügtes Bild

Cool photo, that's a perspective I haven't seen. It reminds me of a scene (can't remember the ep) where C&T are driving the Testarossa along the expressway and the building is in the background.I think I was in Miami Oct '08 and visited that area, but didn't walk down to the Fisheries.

Cool photo' date=' that's a perspective I haven't seen. It reminds me of a scene (can't remember the ep) where C&T are driving the Testarossa along the expressway and the building is in the background.I think I was in Miami Oct '08 and visited that area, but didn't walk down to the Fisheries.[/quote']Hey Air Tommy!!!!I believe the episode is "Lend Me An Ear". If I'm not mistaken, you don't actually see Sonny & Rico, but you can hear Sonny talking about his money problems. And Rico mention that they don't even own the clothes they are wearing, or something like that. Could be wrong though.

Cool photo' date=' that's a perspective I haven't seen. It reminds me of a scene (can't remember the ep) where C&T are driving the Testarossa along the expressway and the building is in the background.I think I was in Miami Oct '08 and visited that area, but didn't walk down to the Fisheries.[/quote']Thanks Airtommy. I was looking out of the bus window hoping to see the OCB building (not realising it had already been demolished!) and for any MV looking locations, in the hope they would have been used. I'm delighted this pic is of some use.

I believe the episode is "Lend Me An Ear". If I'm not mistaken' date=' you don't actually see Sonny & Rico, but you can hear Sonny talking about his money problems. And Rico mention that they don't even own the clothes they are wearing, or something like that. Could be wrong though.[/quote']That's exactly the scene I was thinking about!!!

I believe the episode is "Lend Me An Ear". If I'm not mistaken' date=' you don't actually see Sonny & Rico, but you can hear Sonny talking about his money problems. And Rico mention that they don't even own the clothes they are wearing, or something like that. Could be wrong though.[/quote']This Drive Scene was filmed here : Heading Ne on I95 then going down the flyover ramp towards Sw1st Ave .In front of Miami Art Museum on W Flagler St ( seen in b/g at end of the Scene).:Dhttp://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=n8vrt689h604&style=b&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&scene=9419551&encType=1

• 9 months later...