Episode #78 "Love At First Sight"

Ferrariman

• 2 years later...

I liked this episode a 8 from me.Altough the subject of the story line is heavy and the overall mood of the ep is gloomy. there some funny moments in it. At least I found them funny. Sonny to the men at the dating service about the woman who are going to call him. Make sure they have had all their shots.:D By the start of the chase of choo choo Sonny yells o dammit I hate this! And there were som language jokes aswell.I was just wondering what does VICAP means. The logo is on the wall in the hallway when Sonny and Rico are talking and walking with the FBI guy.I really liked the music of this ep. Madness of it all was so well chosen and maked the scene very strong!Maybe I am really mistaken but for me for at least two men the numbers they mentiond in the tape are not the numbers under their picture in the book with all the men pictures.I like the fact we get a little inside in to the mariage of Caitlin and Sonny. I know some of you do not like the part of Caitlin ( or Sheena Easton) I think you need to see how they were together to make sense of the Burnett story line. At least that is the way I see it.A well directed and acted ep!

Guest neworder

Strong by S4 standards. Good stuff all round and a compelling story. Ward Brothers "Madness of it All" scene is the highlight. Caitlin still annoys me a little though. 8/10

• Administrators
Obviously the voting of the traditional perfect 10 is there again....[/quote']Yup, that would be me. It's one of my favorites. Is that a problem?
  • Like 1

Yup' date=' that would be me. It's one of my favorites. Is that a problem?[/quote']It's not a "problem".However, certainly your aware that frequently, somebody posts at least one perfect 10 on an episode, and when one of our members (sometimes in the shout out box) asks if the person who posted a perfect 10 would explain why (as in many cases, unlike this episode, they were not particularly good) they remain anonymous. We just see perfect 10s a lot.Is there a problem with me asking the question?

• Administrators

Your's wasn't a question. It was a comment and it didn't sound like you were happy about it. If you like I can change the settings and we can all see who voted for what.I love the episode, so shoot me. It's not like we're talking about "Missing Hours" here.

Your's wasn't a question. It was a comment and it didn't sound like you were happy about it. If you like I can change the settings and we can all see who voted for what.I love the episode' date=' so shoot me. It's not like we're talking about "Missing Hours" here.[/quote']I explained the reason I mentioned it.I gave it an 8. I too like the episode.

I rated this episode a 5/10. There were some moments in this episode that were funny. But it was a bit creppy, to me at least.But one thing I found to be the creppiest of all....IMAN sure makes one heck of an ugly guy.

• Administrators

...I was just wondering what does VICAP means. The logo is on the wall in the hallway when Sonny and Rico are talking and walking with the FBI guy...

ViCAP = Violent Criminal Apprehension Program. It was created by the FBI.Click ---> here

• Administrators

Just as an FYI, if you saw the movie "Hannibal" with Anthony Hopkins and Julianne Moore, Hannibal was on the ViCAP/FBI list in that movie. She states this to Inspector Renaldo Pazzi when she sees that he has been accessing the FBI's ViCAP list on Hannibal.

I found this ep interesting as far as the 'dating scene' goes and how far we've come. Being single, this was a favorite ep for me and Sonny has some great lines. I actually wanted to use some of them for fun, yet...Dating in Miami looks fun. Everyone has such a nice place. I loved the FBI guys office and the beach scene with a crime scene victim with the wind blowing was great. A strong scene in this episode was when Sonny and Caitlin have a little tiff and Sonny goes for a drive and hit's the 'underworld' if you will and drives thru a scummy part of town. Truely shows the lowlessness of human culture and it's Caitlin that seems to be the resin who pulls him thru it(as a wife/GF should) yet I found it kinda annoying about her little jabs and spats as Sonny was just doing his job. Also, Sonny has the same shirt on during said drive as he had on in a 'Like a Hurricane' when in the recording studio. Also paced good as the happy couple is still moving in and getting used to one another.. The breakfast table scene is nice-good meal, nice use of color(Sonny's shirt) , the plant life and the Testa in the back-round. The dialog of the dates was off to me yet, I dunno...Good enough for a 9 from me though...Strong season 4 performer...Mike

I can only muster enough appreciation to grant a 5 for this story. Although the idea of a good murder mystery usually blends in well with MV, this one just didn't capture my fancy very much. The music score(in particular the instrumental score) left a bit to be desired for me, also.

Another 10.....I gave it 9.5 on the other site but rather than lower the score, I moved it up.I like the way this episode started with Sonny giving his excellent video resume^. Great clothes too! Speaking of clothes, Tubbs has a really dynamite double-breasted suit with a yellow tie. He looks sharp!! Caitlin's house is a beauty. I understand why vice fans don't like her, she kept nagging him about his assignment, which made him go back to work. It must be hard for a wife,though ,to listen to her husband make a date on the phone with some chic, even a suspect! Cool song playing while he drove the Ferrari. Very apropos. I liked Sonny's white stitched leather loafers. Good shot of them as he bent down to pick up the evidence bag at the beach. Some funny lines to ease the tension....Crockett saying "You forgot your whip" to the first broad. She was weird. He told Rico about the health-nut girl, "she could go a couple of rounds with Marvin Hagler." That cracked me up. The end was the best, though I couldn't believe Crockett would turn his back on Lois while he was on the phone with Rico. Good thing he has that piece in his leg holster! Great episode for me!

• Like 1

Guest neworder

If you like I can change the settings and we can all see who voted for what.

I think this would be a great idea, Cows of October is next in line a week today, that would be a great episode to test this as I doubt someone will seriously be voting it a 10! lol. Although I don't have a problem with someone rating an awful episode a 10, I'd like to read some justification, just from an interest point of view.

To be honest, this one just bored me, I tried to keep interest but I just couldn't, it felt like I've seen this before a billion times elsewhere, this is a feeling I don't get often with Vice.Score: 4 out of 10.

LOL!! :) Okay...after reading some of the previous comments I'll state right off the bat that I also voted this a 10--however I do NOT always vote every episode a 10. I truly vote them how I view or see them. Some I've voted 7's or 6's...others 1's--like "Missing Hours" and "Cows of October." That hopefully clear:I LOVE this episode because my degrees (bachelors...planning to get my masters) are in sociology and psychology! So, "Love At First Sight" fits right up that ally. ;)This is so "awesomely" suspenseful and bizarre in a captivating way! This episode is very "Hitchcockian" and pretty much "Miami Vice's" version of Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 masterpiece "Psycho." This episode is also very Freudian in nature--although I think Freud was pretty much just a "dirty" old man who was intelligent enough to make it seem logical. :)I'm sure Freud or even Hitchcock (who actually personally knew Freud and loved his theories) would have a lot to say about the Vice team and their guns...but as Freud once said reguarding a cigar ("That sometimes a cigar is just a cigar ;) )...sometimes a gun is just a gun! :confused: :pAlso, Iman (who played the "psycho" Lois Blyth) did a superb job...she was bizarre even before we knew she was the killer, and she scared the crap out of me at the end for sure! Anyway, yes...I gave it a 10 and that's why! It's definitely--love at first sight with me! :eek:

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
Caitlin's whining was annoying at times' date=' still a decent episode though.6/10[/quote']Caitlin was somewhat annoying anyway...she was never my favorite choice for Crockett. But, despite her (and she really wasn't in the episode that much) the rest of the episode was awesome! Very "Hitchcockian" and very reminiscent of Hitchcock's "Psycho"! :thumbsup: The plot and suspense were superb...one of my all-time favorites! :clap:10/10

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Not so keenI just watched this one on my DVD the other day, and I didn't think it was so great. I guess it was just too obvious to me. I probably saw it when I was a teenager, can't remember, but it was like, of COURSE the first and second "dates" would turn out not to be the killer, and when we don't see the brother, I just though, DUH, of course the killer is going to turn out to be Lois. And although Lois really seemed on the date like a "normal", charismatic and friendly woman, whereas the other two just did not seem really like "real people" to me. Wouldn't women on blind dates try to make small talk and be nice and charming?!And the stupidest thing, how come a supposedly experienced cop like Sonny isn't suspicious at all of Lois, yes, she was very convincing, but shouldn't a cop assume that one should always be on one's guard?! And OF COURSE Rico phones just at that moment with the "dramatic twist" and of COURSE there is interference with the phone line at that moment!!Just too cliched for me. Though I did think Iman acted well and liked how she was totally 80's glam with that big hair :DThe sideline showing how maybe Sonny and Caitlin married in haste and now have to work out what they expect from one another was a good idea. Sheena Easton is pretty cute and quite charming as Caitlin, but I would have rather seen Crockett with Gina so they are not my favorite couple :thumbsdown:

• 3 months later...

This is one of my favourite vice episodes.Directed by dj himself!Starting with just the intro-he knows the character so well-so relaxed and believable with all the characters he goes on dates with.Full marks from me.