Episode #78 "Love At First Sight"

Ferrariman

Caitlin's whining was annoying at times' date=' still a decent episode though.[/quote']The "Sharpen your knife?" line from her was pretty cringe inducing. :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...
NOT always vote every episode a 10. I truly vote them how I view or see them. Some I've voted 7's or 6's...others 1's--like "Missing Hours" and "Cows of October." That hopefully clear:I LOVE this episode because my degrees (bachelors...planning to get my masters) are in sociology and psychology! So" data-date=" "Love At First Sight" fits right up that ally.This is so "awesomely" suspenseful and bizarre in a captivating way! This episode is very [U">

"Hitchcockian" and pretty much "Miami Vice's" version of Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 masterpiece "Psycho." This episode is also very Freudian in nature--although I think Freud was pretty much just a "dirty" old man who was intelligent enough to make it seem logical. :)I'm sure Freud or even Hitchcock (who actually personally knew Freud and loved his theories) would have a lot to say about the Vice team and their guns...but as Freud once said reguarding a cigar ("That sometimes a cigar is just a cigar ;) )...sometimes a gun is just a gun! :confused: :pAlso, Iman (who played the "psycho" Lois Blyth) did a superb job...she was bizarre even before we knew she was the killer, and she scared the crap out of me at the end for sure! Anyway, yes...I gave it a 10 and that's why! It's definitely--love at first sight with me! :eek:

This was my original review and rating of this episode...not much has changed. I love most anything bizarre, suspenseful, eerie, scary, psychological, etc... in TV and movies. Again, "Love At First Sight" delves into all of that superbly! It's wild and freeky, but yet captivating and mesmerizing...and I love it! :eek: :)I thought the acting performances were awesome...especially by Don and Iman! :clap: Iman also did an amazing job as Lois Blythe, and again I thought she looked pretty bizarre to start with...she freaked me out! Don also did a fantastic job of directing. Again, there was so much of the classic movie Psycho in this, that I think Hitchcock would be proud! The plot twists were superb and I loved thinking throughout the episode that Lois' psycho (pun intended :p ) brother was the killer...all because he was jealous and over protective of his sister. I love the ending scene where Rico is trying to tell Sonny that come to find out there was no brother...then out of nowhere "Bam", the knife comes slicing down into Crockett's shoulder! :eek: That made me jump to the ceiling the first time I saw that...wild!! :cool:I also liked the "problems" this case created for Crockett and Caitlin, and it was interesting how they approached & worked them out. I can't blame Caitlin for being upset and worried...this was not your standard hooker bust or crack-house stakeout. I can't imagine what a case like that would do to a marriage. :rain:Awesome plot, awesome acting, awesome suspense = awesome episode! Again, I still stand by my original rating...a 10 for me! :D This, "Death and the Lady", "God's Work", and "Child's Play" are my favorites of season 4. :clap:

• 1 month later...

I am watching season 4 on Centric so I was waiting to record this one.This episode is pretty good and has a good amount of suspense.I like how Crockett's "dates" gets wierder as his case gets furthur in.The vibrator attack (:)) scene caught me off guard the first time,I thought she was going to really kill him until we know what she was doing.Music is plentyful in this one which is a plus.Caitlin is a bit annoying in this one,let the guy do his job but Caitlins "assault with a sex toy" comment is the funniest bit in this episode to me.I liked the scene with him driving in the sleezy parts of Miami,driving scenes are always cool in Miami Vice no matter where they are driving;)This episode has a "Little Miss Dangerous" vibe to it in a way.Like "Little Miss Dangerous" they assume the killer is a guy.Iman played a twisted gal pretty well,she looked scary in the end too.This episode has the right amount of darkness,style,and suspense.I give this a good score of 8/10:thumbsup:

I am watching season 4 on Centric so I was waiting to record this one.This episode is pretty good and has a good amount of suspense.I like how Crockett's "dates" gets wierder as his case gets furthur in.The vibrator attack (:)) scene caught me off guard the first time' date='I thought she was going to really kill him until we know what she was doing.Music is plentyful in this one which is a plus.Caitlin is a bit annoying in this one,let the guy do his job but Caitlins "assault with a sex toy" comment is the funniest bit in this episode to me.I liked the scene with him driving in the sleezy parts of Miami,driving scenes are always cool in Miami Vice no matter where they are driving;)This episode has a "Little Miss Dangerous" vibe to it in a way.Like "Little Miss Dangerous" they assume the killer is a guy.Iman played a twisted gal pretty well,she looked scary in the end too.This episode has the right amount of darkness,style,and suspense.I give this a good score of 8/10:thumbsup:[/quote']I agree...love this episode! Wild, bizarre, suspenseful plots are always captivating! :thumbsup:
LOL!! :) Okay...after reading some of the previous comments I'll state right off the bat that I also voted this a 10--however I do NOT always vote every episode a 10. I truly vote them how I view or see them. Some I've voted 7's or 6's...others 1's--like "Missing Hours" and "Cows of October." That hopefully clear:I LOVE this episode because my degrees (bachelors...planning to get my masters) are in sociology and psychology! So' date=' "Love At First Sight" fits right up that ally. ;)This is so "awesomely" suspenseful and bizarre in a captivating way! This episode is very [u']"Hitchcockian" and pretty much "Miami Vice's" version of Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 masterpiece "Psycho." This episode is also very Freudian in nature--although I think Freud was pretty much just a "dirty" old man who was intelligent enough to make it seem logical. :)I'm sure Freud or even Hitchcock (who actually personally knew Freud and loved his theories) would have a lot to say about the Vice team and their guns...but as Freud once said reguarding a cigar ("That sometimes a cigar is just a cigar ;) )...sometimes a gun is just a gun! :confused: :pAlso, Iman (who played the "psycho" Lois Blyth) did a superb job...she was bizarre even before we knew she was the killer, and she scared the crap out of me at the end for sure! Anyway, yes...I gave it a 10 and that's why! It's definitely--love at first sight with me! :eek:
This was my original review and rating of this episode...not much has changed. I love most anything bizarre' date=' suspenseful, eerie, scary, psychological, etc... in TV and movies. Again, "Love At First Sight" delves into all of that superbly! It's wild and freeky, but yet captivating and mesmerizing...and I love it! :eek: :)I thought the acting performances were awesome...especially by Don and Iman! :clap: Iman also did an amazing job as Lois Blythe, and again I thought she looked pretty bizarre to start with...she freaked me out! Don also did a fantastic job of directing. Again, there was so much of the classic movie [i']Psycho in this, that I think Hitchcock would be proud! The plot twists were superb and I loved thinking throughout the episode that Lois' psycho (pun intended :p ) brother was the killer...all because he was jealous and over protective of his sister. I love the ending scene where Rico is trying to tell Sonny that come to find out there was no brother...then out of nowhere "Bam", the knife comes slicing down into Crockett's shoulder! :eek: That made me jump to the ceiling the first time I saw that...wild!! :cool:I also liked the "problems" this case created for Crockett and Caitlin, and it was interesting how they approached & worked them out. I can't blame Caitlin for being upset and worried...this was not your standard hooker bust or crack-house stakeout. I can't imagine what a case like that would do to a marriage. :rain:Awesome plot, awesome acting, awesome suspense = awesome episode! Again, I still stand by my original rating...a 10 for me! :D This, "Death and the Lady", "God's Work", and "Child's Play" are my favorites of season 4. :clap:

• 2 years later...

Interesting plot here with the serial killer storyline, but any episode that has Sheena Easton in it, is immediately brought down 2 notches due to her atrocious acting. 

4 out of 10, and that's being generous. 

• 1 year later...

Decent episode. It does kind of remind me of Psycho.

DJ does a good job directing.

The hooker than Gina was talking to was gorgeous. Also I always chuckle when Crockett says "Choochoo baby".

Absolutely love the assault with sex toy scene.

Iman looks flat out weird I thought. I just remembered she was in Back in the World.

Really like the ending with the phone calls and knife attack. The shot of Iman walking towards him with the knife were creepy as hell. Lol pure Hitchcock.

However, Sheena Easton brings it down a bit. This is the only episode where she bothers me.

8/10

Edited by Remington
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2017 at 4:56 PM, Remington said:

Decent episode. It does kind of remind me of Psycho.

DJ does a good job directing.

The hooker than Gina was talking to was gorgeous. Also I always chuckle when Crockett says "Choochoo baby".

Absolutely love the assault with sex toy scene.

Iman looks flat out weird I thought. I just remembered she was in Back in the World.

Really like the ending with the phone calls and knife attack. The shot of Iman walking towards him with the knife were creepy as hell. Lol pure Hitchcock.

However, Sheena Easton brings it down a bit. This is the only episode where she bothers me.

8/10

Loved this one...definitely MV's take on Hitchcock's Psycho!! These were a couple of my past thoughts/reviews:

On 5/24/2010 at 10:14 PM, ViceFanMan said:

LOL!! :) Okay...after reading some of the previous comments I'll state right off the bat that I also voted this a 10--however I do NOT always vote every episode a 10. I truly vote them how I view or see them. Some I've voted 7's or 6's...others 1's--like "Missing Hours" and "Cows of October." That hopefully clear:I LOVE this episode because my degrees (bachelors...planning to get my masters) are in sociology and psychology! So, "Love At First Sight" fits right up that ally. ;)This is so "awesomely" suspenseful and bizarre in a captivating way! This episode is very "Hitchcockian" and pretty much "Miami Vice's" version of Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 masterpiece "Psycho." This episode is also very Freudian in nature--although I think Freud was pretty much just a "dirty" old man who was intelligent enough to make it seem logical. :)I'm sure Freud or even Hitchcock (who actually personally knew Freud and loved his theories) would have a lot to say about the Vice team and their guns...but as Freud once said reguarding a cigar ("That sometimes a cigar is just a cigar ;) )...sometimes a gun is just a gun! :confused: :pAlso, Iman (who played the "psycho" Lois Blyth) did a superb job...she was bizarre even before we knew she was the killer, and she scared the crap out of me at the end for sure! Anyway, yes...I gave it a 10 and that's why! It's definitely--love at first sight with me! :eek:

On 6/1/2013 at 1:31 AM, ViceFanMan said:

This was my original review and rating of this episode...not much has changed. I love most anything bizarre, suspenseful, eerie, scary, psychological, etc... in TV and movies. Again, "Love At First Sight" delves into all of that superbly! It's wild and freeky, but yet captivating and mesmerizing...and I love it! :eek: :)I thought the acting performances were awesome...especially by Don and Iman! :clap: Iman also did an amazing job as Lois Blythe, and again I thought she looked pretty bizarre to start with...she freaked me out! Don also did a fantastic job of directing. Again, there was so much of the classic movie Psycho in this, that I think Hitchcock would be proud! The plot twists were superb and I loved thinking throughout the episode that Lois' psycho (pun intended :p ) brother was the killer...all because he was jealous and over protective of his sister. I love the ending scene where Rico is trying to tell Sonny that come to find out there was no brother...then out of nowhere "Bam", the knife comes slicing down into Crockett's shoulder! :eek: That made me jump to the ceiling the first time I saw that...wild!! :cool:I also liked the "problems" this case created for Crockett and Caitlin, and it was interesting how they approached & worked them out. I can't blame Caitlin for being upset and worried...this was not your standard hooker bust or crack-house stakeout. I can't imagine what a case like that would do to a marriage. :rain:Awesome plot, awesome acting, awesome suspense = awesome episode! Again, I still stand by my original rating...a 10 for me! :DThis, "Death and the Lady", "God's Work", and "Child's Play" are my favorites of season 4. :clap:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This is one of the good season 4 episodes.  It moves at a fast pace.  A lot of people dump on Caitlyn/Sheena but this is more or less the only time we see what the reality of their marriage would be (or would have been, sadly) once the honeymoon phase is over.  For some reason I really noticed the age Sonny has put on in this ep since we first saw him.  Lori Petty looks older here than she would in Point Break.  Good night drive and grey skies in the daytime too.  That really informs the atmosphere here.  This is a good episode for night time viewing like Shadow In The Dark.

• Like 3

I think some of the hate for Caitlyn comes from the number of fans who wanted to see Sonny end up with Gina (I'm not one of that faction, in case you couldn't tell). I've mentioned elsewhere that I really liked the chemistry DJ and SE had in their episodes.There was a spark to them you just didn't see with Sonny and the majority of his flings or relationships. Maybe she wasn't the best actress, but that's not what she did for a living. They more or less let her play herself, and I think that worked well.

I thought this was an effective episode. One of the better from season 4, really. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

I think some of the hate for Caitlyn comes from the number of fans who wanted to see Sonny end up with Gina (I'm not one of that faction, in case you couldn't tell). I've mentioned elsewhere that I really liked the chemistry DJ and SE had in their episodes.There was a spark to them you just didn't see with Sonny and the majority of his flings or relationships. Maybe she wasn't the best actress, but that's not what she did for a living. They more or less let her play herself, and I think that worked well.

I thought this was an effective episode. One of the better from season 4, really. 

The only true “spark” between Crockett and other women was with Gina and Teresa . All the others were just flings or temporary fascinations. However, this is not hate against Caitlyn...I liked her and her character! But her whole relationship with Sonny seemed too rushed and “plastic” to me. There truly appeared to be something “real” between Crockett and Gina, and Teresa later. The chemistry between those actors was awesome...whereas with the others it didn’t seem as solid or real. My opinion. :D 

• Like 1

Gina was presented to us in the pilot, so there's always going to be that preconceived notion that there's chemistry because it was presented to us that way from the beginning. I always got more of a rebound sense from Crockett and Gina. Of course I also didn't see Vice in original sequence (I was overseas when it first came on), so that changes how I see some of the episodes and character development.

Most of Crockett's relationships aren't exactly "real," but that also goes back to the idea that Crockett's intended to be more of a window into undercover work and the like than he is a total character. My opinion, of course.

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

Gina was presented to us in the pilot, so there's always going to be that preconceived notion that there's chemistry because it was presented to us that way from the beginning. I always got more of a rebound sense from Crockett and Gina. (snipped)

I agree, the Crockett-Gina affair was tilted toward the rebound aspect, at least from his side.  So it was probably inevitable that it didn't last.  I still felt like they had potential chemistry and it always seemed to me like Gina wasn't 100% willing to be over him.   

• Like 3

I think a real long-term relationship could never really work for them so long as they were both on the force.  As long as they're both in Vice they'll only ever be on/off again lovers.  I think the chemistry that they do have (which is some, if not a lot) comes from mutual understanding and empathy for their circumstances as undercover officers.  Like Robbie C said this is established  in the pilot but I think Sonny and Gina gel well beyond that, such as in Bought And Paid For, Give A Little, Take A Little,  and When Irish Eyes Are Crying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bren10 said:

I think a real long-term relationship could never really work for them so long as they were both on the force.  As long as they're both in Vice they'll only ever be on/off again lovers.  I think the chemistry that they do have (which is some, if not a lot) comes from mutual understanding and empathy for their circumstances as undercover officers.  Like Robbie C said this is established  in the pilot but I think Sonny and Gina gel well beyond that, such as in Bought And Paid For, Give A Little, Take A Little,  and When Irish Eyes Are Crying.

I tend to think Sonny and Gina made better friends, as you mention here. Crockett kind of hints at that in his conversations with Brenda as well in "Nobody Lives Forever." Friends with benefits before the term was coined, if you will. They're much more believable when they support each other, although like vicegirl I think Gina was hoping for more.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:05 PM, ViceFanMan said:

The only true “spark” between Crockett and other women was with Gina and Teresa . All the others were just flings or temporary fascinations. However, this is not hate against Caitlyn...I liked her and her character! But her whole relationship with Sonny seemed too rushed and “plastic” to me. There truly appeared to be something “real” between Crockett and Gina, and Teresa later. The chemistry between those actors was awesome...whereas with the others it didn’t seem as solid or real. My opinion. :D 

I agree with your observation about sparks. Sonny/Gina fit so well because the characters/actors started out together and the relationship was believable (coworkers). Crockett and Theresa worked, I think, because Don Johnson did a great job selling it. Plus, the fact that Theresa wasn't fashion-model beautiful gave the relationship a sort of real feel to me. It would have been fantastic, I think, if at the end of the series run Theresa came back into his life.

I don't hate Caitlyn, but I do hate that they took the show in that direction. Their relationship always felt like a desperate ratings grab.  It also coincided with the steady decline of Vice, IMO. Very few excellent episodes after Missing Hours, although Love at First Sight, IMO, wasn't so bad compared to the rest of the line up that year. 

• Like 2

If you push it out wider-scale, one of the reasons I felt Crockett and Caitlyn worked was the shared passion. He started being attracted to her when he saw her passion for her music and the pain she felt from the death of her bass player. The way they built Caitlyn up she felt things deeply and totally, and that's something they tried to build into Crockett in many episodes. They were actually, I think, equals in that regard whereas his other relationships were always more of a caretaker kind of thing (he was looking after Theresa in many ways, and Brenda was certainly tying to look after him). And given how horrible Vice was with time lapsing we don't really know how long they were together before they got married. And aside from Gina ALL of his relationships more or less flashed up in an episode...usually the same one they ended in.

But that's one thing I love about Vice. There are so many layers to dig through...

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 12:09 PM, Campion said:

I agree with your observation about sparks. Sonny/Gina fit so well because the characters/actors started out together and the relationship was believable (coworkers). Crockett and Theresa worked, I think, because Don Johnson did a great job selling it. Plus, the fact that Theresa wasn't fashion-model beautiful gave the relationship a sort of real feel to me. It would have been fantastic, I think, if at the end of the series run Theresa came back into his life.

I don't hate Caitlyn, but I do hate that they took the show in that direction. Their relationship always felt like a desperate ratings grab.  It also coincided with the steady decline of Vice, IMO. Very few excellent episodes after Missing Hours, although Love at First Sight, IMO, wasn't so bad compared to the rest of the line up that year. 

I agree...well put! I don’t hate Caitlyn either, I liked her character. But, like you stated the whole fast-paced, slam-bam-thank you-mamn relationship & subsequent marriage to her was “desperate” to try and recapture viewers. As I said before, it just came across rushed and “fake”.

There was always, even up to & during Crockett’s relationship with Caitlyn, chemistry & spark between him and Gina! They should have somehow ended up together again. Most of the other relationships they had after their sudden split seemed like they were trying to find what they had...but couldn’t. Teresa came as close as any other girl with Sonny. If for whatever reason he & Gina couldn’t be together, I’d of liked her to somehow return.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but I never got the same level of spark from Gina as I did with Crockett and Caitlin. Gina was always an echo of his past in some way. And the other interesting thing is this is really the ONLY Crockett relationship we get to see from the beginning. We come into all the others with them already in progress (Brenda, Theresa, etc.). We know how they met, how they sparked, and (of course) how it ends. I also don't know that we can say the relationship was an overnight thing. Vice was always very loose with time, and this could be another of those occasions. Was it two days? A week? Two months? More? We don't really know. I still think Caitlin was Crockett's last attempt to grab something real beyond his undercover life. Gina was always going to be part of that life. That alone might have pushed him away. Doesn't mean they couldn't be friends (obviously), but I think by this point Crockett was starting to look for a way out. Even if he couldn't get it in the end.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 4:06 PM, Robbie C. said:

Sorry, but I never got the same level of spark from Gina as I did with Crockett and Caitlin. Gina was always an echo of his past in some way. And the other interesting thing is this is really the ONLY Crockett relationship we get to see from the beginning. We come into all the others with them already in progress (Brenda, Theresa, etc.). We know how they met, how they sparked, and (of course) how it ends. I also don't know that we can say the relationship was an overnight thing. Vice was always very loose with time, and this could be another of those occasions. Was it two days? A week? Two months? More? We don't really know. I still think Caitlin was Crockett's last attempt to grab something real beyond his undercover life. Gina was always going to be part of that life. That alone might have pushed him away. Doesn't mean they couldn't be friends (obviously), but I think by this point Crockett was starting to look for a way out. Even if he couldn't get it in the end.

Sorry, but I have to disagree some (but to each his or her own). :funky: But, there was always “spark” between Crockett and Gina...from the Pilot TV movie, to the end. As I said before above, even during his relationship, and subsequent marriage, to Caitlin there was still attraction and even “hidden” love still there with Gina. 

You are right, we got to see Sonny & Caitlin’s relationship from the beginning, so-to-speak...but the whole thing was so ridiculously rushed, that within a couple months (if that) they were getting married. :o ?(

I think Crockett truly ‘cared’ for Caitlin (just like he did for Brenda and the poor girl who ODd in her house...name??), but there just wasn’t that true “electricity” and deep love & even trust that there was with Gina. Theresa came as close as anyone to what Sonny & Gina had...but she too sadly let drugs destroy that. 

Crockett and Gina had known and worked with each other for years...they loved & trusted each other more than anyone else, they knew each other’s strengths & weaknesses—positives & faults. They had been there for each other through everything, and knew more about each other than anyone else. There was more than just physical attraction or a nice “friendship”...they were soulmates that sadly were doomed by moron new writers. :happy: 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree some (but to each his or her own). :funky: But, there was always “spark” between Crockett and Gina...from the Pilot TV movie, to the end. As I said before above, even during his relationship, and subsequent marriage, to Caitlin there was still attraction and even “hidden” love still there with Gina. 

You are right, we got to see Sonny & Caitlin’s relationship from the beginning, so-to-speak...but the whole thing was so ridiculously rushed, that within a couple months (if that) they were getting married. :o ?(

I think Crockett truly ‘cared’ for Caitlin (just like he did for Brenda and the poor girl who ODd in her house...name??), but there just wasn’t that true “electricity” and deep love & even trust that there was with Gina. Theresa came as close as anyone to what Sonny & Gina had...but she too sadly let drugs destroy that. 

Crockett and Gina had known and worked with each other for years...they loved & trusted each other more than anyone else, they knew each other’s strengths & weaknesses—positives & faults. They had been there for each other through everything, and knew more about each other than anyone else. There was more than just physical attraction or a nice “friendship”...they were soulmates that sadly were doomed by moron new writers. :happy: 

Amen!

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 5:06 PM, Robbie C. said:

You make some really good points here.  My feeling has always been that Crockett saw and understood that Gina could be his soul-mate.  She was ready to give her heart to him.  He, OTOH, had already lost one relationship with a "normal" woman (Caroline) by his own fault, as he saw it.  I think he believed and feared that he would poison another relationship with a "normal" woman like Gina because of his addiction to the job, the action.  So he pushed Gina away, in a sense.  He still had strong feelings for her, but not the same feelings as she had for him.

8 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

(snipped)Crockett and Gina had known and worked with each other for years...they loved & trusted each other more than anyone else, they knew each other’s strengths & weaknesses—positives & faults. They had been there for each other through everything, and knew more about each other than anyone else. There was more than just physical attraction or a nice “friendship”...they were soulmates that sadly were doomed by moron new writers. :happy: 

I agree that there was always a spark between Crockett and Gina.  It was a spark that might have flared up and consumed them at any time, but Crockett didn't want to take the plunge.  He felt he had destroyed his marriage to Caroline and he didn't want to disappoint Gina.  In a way, that was what surprised me about his marriage to Caitlin.  I never thought he'd marry again because he felt he had been the cause of his marriage failing.  I do think he loved Gina and trusted her.  I just don't think he was willing or ready to make the emotional commitment she would have needed.

However, if Crockett had encouraged Gina, I think she would have willingly plunged into a long-term relationship or even marriage with him.  IMO, she loved him with her whole heart, even though she could see his faults.  But if they had become an official couple, when he disappointed her by being unavailable due to his job (or letting the job take over his life), she may have become bitter and ended it.  She broke up with him once because he was still emotionally connected to Caroline.  If Gina couldn't have his full emotional commitment, I don't think she would have suffered in silence for years. 

• Like 4

I think people tend to overlook Gina's "fixing" impulse. Part of what doomed Crockett and Brenda was Brenda's desire to change him (as pointed out by Tubbs). And since they knew each other so well, Crockett would have known that about Gina, and also understood that she couldn't "fix" him any more than Caroline or Brenda could have. As for electricity...sorry, but I never saw it between those two. Attraction? Sure. Deep friendship? Ditto. What we now call "friends with benefits"? Again sure. But by getting involved with Gina Sonny would have been digging deeper into something that I think he knew was destroying him (undercover life in general). One of the constant themes of Vice was the cost of undercover work (something, interestingly, we see echoed in NCIS LA which was modeled after Vice), with Crockett usually used as the vehicle for that cost. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

I think people tend to overlook Gina's "fixing" impulse. Part of what doomed Crockett and Brenda was Brenda's desire to change him (as pointed out by Tubbs). And since they knew each other so well, Crockett would have known that about Gina, and also understood that she couldn't "fix" him any more than Caroline or Brenda could have. As for electricity...sorry, but I never saw it between those two. Attraction? Sure. Deep friendship? Ditto. What we now call "friends with benefits"? Again sure. But by getting involved with Gina Sonny would have been digging deeper into something that I think he knew was destroying him (undercover life in general). One of the constant themes of Vice was the cost of undercover work (something, interestingly, we see echoed in NCIS LA which was modeled after Vice), with Crockett usually used as the vehicle for that cost. 

You make good points. Sonny was passionate about working undercover and it cost him dearly. Nothing seemed real to him and Gina was very much a part of that world. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

I do think that Gina loved Sonny but not sure he thought the same. 

• Like 2