Cobretti

So I figured I post on here the success I've had in finding two pairs of brand new, pristine Revo Grand Sixties in Burnett blue... After months of lurking ebay I was able to buy two pairs in about 2-3 months apart...As some of you may know, These Revos were like a re-release of the Revo 840/001's? Or at least a replica/homage to them as they are extremely similar, but not identical to the originals from the 80s.Regardless of them being a copy version/replicas, they are REVOs and they are in that signature cobalt blue that I just absolutely love. -Ever since I've seen Burnett wear them in the trilogy I instantly fell in love with the pair, the look that Sonny was able to pull of with them... just plain bad ass.Well as it turns out, in today's modern society they are a very nice pair of sunglasses to wear, I get A LOT of comments, compliments, people ask me "where did I get those sunglasses" I usually just respond, "Don't plan a future in mind reading." (I kid, I kid.) - But I do get people that ask me about them/compliment alot.They are very stylish sunglasses, and unfortunately very hard to find now. I think it's a shame Revo discontinued the original 840/001 models... I would love if they would bring them back.Below I have attached pictures of the first pair I bought, and me wearing them (yes that's me)... I try to pull off the slick cool Burnett look everyday when I can... I LOVE these sunglasses. 

post-5378-0-59266600-1392136681_thumb.jp

Edited by Cobretti

• 3 weeks later...

The Grand Sixties model does look nice and I think I've seen these awhile back but not recently, so maybe they are also in short supply these days?

Wouldn't mind owning a pair of those.

I do have a mint pair of the Revo 840/001 which I was lucky enough to pick up a few years back on Ebay, but they don't pop up too often for sure.

A guy was selling one of his two pairs, and his Buy it Now price was too good to pass up.

Incidentally, there is a thread in here about Revo 840/001 lookalikes which occasionally pop up on Amazon, if you want the look without the high price. But they do fit a bit smaller than the genuine article.

I agree that the mirror cobalt blue lenses are one of the best looks ever in shades. :cool:

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

Defintely my favorite shades of all time. I usually wear them everyday...These are my champion fighters, retired of course; Quixote and Diablo.They're symbols of my past the humble beginnings, the backstreets, the dirt. (check attached picture)(I actually named them that. :) ) -I usually wear Quixote (my first pair) on a daily basis. Diablo on the other hand I keep in it's case in mint new condition, I almost never wear them, mainly for collective purposes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV3uhhaJ0bY

post-5378-0-78964700-1394174313_thumb.jp

Edited by Cobretti