Dadrian's Bio

Dadrian

I've had a couple of requests for a bio, so here goes:I was born in 1980 in a small town called Luttrell, Tennessee, population less than 1,000.Here are the three musicians from Luttrell:Chet AkinsEingefügtes BildKenny Chesney (boo). he and my sister were classmates (boo).Eingefügtes Bildand Yours Trulyhttp://www.miami-vice.ws/image.php?u=37&dateline=1208835155&type=profileI started watching MV in 1986. In the first episode I watched, they blew up his Ferrari. He got a "white Lamborghini" the next week (all unidentified luxury sports cars were Lamborghinis when I was six). I've been watching ever since. Even then, I knew the music was my favorite part of the show. I listened to the "Miami Vice II" cassette ALL the time.I didn't know the difference between a polo and a henley yet, but I knew even second graders could get in on the MV look. Here's my 1987 school pic:Eingefügtes BildWe moved to Texarkana, TX when i was 12 (1992). All of my family are musicians of some sort, so I was always around musical instruments, and I toyed with them as long as I can remember. I became interested in Sting and The Police in 1993, and decided I wanted to play bass (seriously). From there I started picking up other instruments like guitar, piano, and drums. I played in the Jazz Orchestra in high school. At that time I became very interested in music theory and harmony. It was around this time when I reallized that Jan Hammer's "Escape From Television" existed. I loved every song and listened to it constantly, but there were some of my favorites still missing.I got a synthesizer called Korg Triton in 1998 when it first came out. It allowed me to make some basic versions of Jan Hammer score that I wanted to hear along with my "Escape from Television" tunes. That's how I got started making the covers. I never dreamed it would evolve into what it is today, but I am very glad it did. It has allowed me to connect with some really great people over the years.If you read this far, you're probably one of them ;)Thanks to you all for listening and responding.I'll try to post a current pic of my music workspace soon.

• Like 4

Excellent BIO!Very interesting. Love the photos.Facinating to know that this is just for fun, and musical interest, and not actually your profession (Which I figured it was).I'm a fan.-COOP

Thanks Dadrian, nice to know about you. Your musical talent is extraordinary. I would like to see bios from other members as well. Who wants to volunteer? We have an interesting cast of characters here.

Facinating to know that this is just for fun' date=' and musical interest, and not actually your profession (Which I figured it was).[/quote']I have played bass professionally. The bass is my "real" instrument. I've played for many bands, but the only "pro" gig I had was for a Contempory Christian band called Everyday Driven. It was fun. We had a tour bus and everything! I felt like a real rockstar! :)Here's a pic of me jamming on stage in Nashville, TN. I'm playing bass on the left.Eingefügtes Bild
Thanks Dadrian' date=' nice to know about you. Your musical talent is extraordinary. I would like to see bios from other members as well. Who wants to volunteer? We have an interesting cast of characters here.[/quote']Thanks, Jim. I think this is a good idea.

Cool photo, really brings things to life.I wonder how those in the photo would react if they knew you could create the covers that you do. I bet they'd be impressed.Can you read music?

Well you can class me as another fan Dade. Your music is truly fantastic.Very, very interesting bio!!Looking forward to a pic of your current set up.Cheers

Cool photo' date=' really brings things to life.I wonder how those in the photo would react if they knew you could create the covers that you do. I bet they'd be impressed.Can you read music?[/quote']i think the musicians of the band are aware that i do a little on the side besides bass, but i play bass almost exclusively, so nobody but you MV fans really know this side of me. it's like an alter-ego :)yes, i can read standard notation in bass and treble clef. i also read natural numbers charts, roman numerals, and tab. i like tab the least. natural numbers charts are the best for learning somthing quickly--sometimes at a glance!
Well you can class me as another fan Dade. Your music is truly fantastic.Very' date=' very interesting bio!!Looking forward to a pic of your current set up.Cheers[/quote']thanks. the feeling is mutual, musicfan. we go way back ;)i'll post a setup pic soon.

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty neat Dadrian thanx! I really enjoyed reading what your inspiration was behind your talent. JH covers you do are excellent! Oh and love the pix! You rock! :thumbsup:

more to come, cig, i promise.i've been kind of busy lately, so "Brenda" is not getting much attention.i'm not sure what you mean by "mix".

• 1 month later...

thanks musicfan. that wasn't intrusive at all. i'm feeling much better now, and eager to get back to work on "brenda"

Glad you're feeling better buddy. Looking forward to Brenda too!!Ok, here's a "dedicated" MV fan question (and I can hear all your groans and thoughts like "what's this guy on??!!) but what episode is Brenda from? My reason? I NEED REMINDING!! :p

Lol thanks nofretz!I was only thinking the other day I must watch more of season 1 again. Been watching loads of seasons 2 & 3 lately.I promise to get up to speed with ALL episodes soon! I shall watch NLF now so I know the music and look forward to your latest cover.Take it easyMusicfan