MIAMI VICE, AMATORIAL, INDIPENDENT, ITALIAN REMAKE

Donatoleonisonny

My name is Donato leoni, i'am 21 years old and i live in Rome, Italy, i'am a director. I'am a big fan of Miami Vice from 7 years! . With the “School Of Cinematographic Arts of Cinecittà†in Rome, i shot some amatorial remake of Miami Vice, for this remake i rent one of the three Ferrari Daytona that Don Johnson used in the series!

With the original ceritifcate of authenticity!

Also, I Made with an italian taylor, a light blue suit alike the suit that Sonny wear in the episode “Prodigal Son†in the second season of Miami Vice, for this suit i spoke with the original costume designer of the series of second season of Miami Vice, Bambi Breakstone and she tell me on email hot to make the suit!

My remake is one of the best AMATORIAL remake that exist online of Miami Vice. I consider myself the “number one†of don's fan! I have all of LP, CD, DVD of her movies! I get dressed every day in “Sonny Crockett wear†or inspired at her look! My whole life is based on Sonny! I enclose also a little piece of one of my amatorial remake of miami vice on link on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BemHTR5LVE4 

• Like 6

Hi Donatoleonisonny !
Welcome here in our community.

Thanks for your introduction.

I do not know why the thumbnail with your video does not appear.  ?( 
So did I.

I know since long how much time, passion, enthusiasm you and your friends pour into 

those remakes with MV.

Thanks for sharing with this site.
I actually hope you will get the attention you deserve not only here with members of MVonline.

There is much more then this small trailer with your work.
MUCH more... thanks for many hours I already was allowed to spent with your movies.

Edited by bluepearl

Wow dude, that was awesome! you really look like Crockett, you've got everything down and the look spot on! 

• Like 2

Hi Donatosonny, welcome to a great site about a great show!

It's always nice to see how many young guys are passionate about MV, considering they were not even in the plans of their parents when the show was on air.
I've been a fan too, back in the days, even if I never wanted to wear someone else's clothes ;-)

Congrats on your video, it's a true labour of love. I know it takes time, research, efforts, committment and - not least - money. You did something nobody did.
To me it looks a bit candid, you guys are not the badass featured in the show, but it's not a bad thing. It clearly shows love and admiration for something the world still loves after 30+ years. Be proud of it.

Very cool, Donatoleonisonny. :cool:

I'm of Italian descent, so I'm glad to see Miami Vice is appreciated by young men from Italy. It's super that you rented the actual Ferrari from the show.  

Keep up the great work.  Arrivederci !  :thumbsup:

That reminds me of my school days when MV was being aired on a weekly basis. Every next morning we would chat with my pals, something like - "are you Crockett or Tubbs?" and we would mimic the guys from the show. But spending plenty of money and actually SHOOTING a short movie is something beyond my wildest dreams of those days. Congratulations and keep it going!

Congratulations....i loved it...

Much better than that Miami Vice movie....for sure!  You were able to get the MV atmosphere....Michael Mann didnt.

Don´s number one fan? Oh really?  LOL

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! It's very hard work for us, recreate the lights, the colours, the clothes, the watches, sunglasses, boat, and in general the total memorabilia and stuff!

Now i m working on the 8th remake! (in total i shoot 7 movie and 1 graphic novel) for the remake of this year i bought a Shoulder/holster of Sonny, the original "Miami Galco Classic II", i rent the Ferrari Daytona again and other surprise... when i complete the editing of trailer i share here!

Anyways my remake recreate the style of the 80's but the story is set in modern year 2008/2015 and set in some italian cities like Rome, Ostia, Fiumicino, Ponza, Firenze, Lanuvio and also in Miami and other cities.

Almost the totality of cast are young adult (from 19 to 25 years).

That's all

I try to recreate the "amosphere of vice" in best way possible! If you add me on fb you can watch other videos and photos! Im Donato Leoni !

Thanks again! Bye pal!

• Like 1