Unreleased Jan Hammer cues from Miami Vice

Crockettt

On 2/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, Crockettt said:

Enjoy!

@Matt5 "The Kick" was composed by Jan Hammer in 1996 for movie "The Secret Agent Club". :)

This was featured in Viking Bikers and Golden Triangle?

Are you saying it was an early version of Jan’s 2018 “The Kick” release?

"The Kick" was composed by Jan in 1996 for "The Secret Agent Club" movie. It was never used in Miami Vice.

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would like to see a release by JH of the “French Twist”, “Death and the Lady” and “Contempt of Court” themes, the later two have some great soft guitar work and are full themes.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 4/19/2019 at 1:27 PM, Matt5 said:

I would like to see a release by JH of the “French Twist”, “Death and the Lady” and “Contempt of Court” themes, the later two have some great soft guitar work and are full themes.

Dadrian has a nice cover of "French Twist" in the downloads section.

https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/files/file/546-dadrian-wilson-french-twist-jan-hammer-cover/

44 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Dadrian has a nice cover of "French Twist" in the downloads section.

https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/files/file/546-dadrian-wilson-french-twist-jan-hammer-cover/

Thanks, Fman!

For those who don’t know, please consider that song was my very first cover—about 20 years ago! My current equipment/skills would allow me to do a much better/more accurate version, and I plan to. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think you used DX-7 for flute and electric and acoustic piano, Arr1 from Fairlight.
I also remember your first version of Free Verse theme and Slow theme from the Pilot. If i remember correctly you recorded those covers around 2001.

I would love to hear Artie's theme from Heart Of Darkness.

Edited by Crockettt

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Thanks, Fman!

For those who don’t know, please consider that song was my very first cover—about 20 years ago! My current equipment/skills would allow me to do a much better/more accurate version, and I plan to. :thumbsup:

My pleasure!  Now with all the new equipment you've acquired lately, are we any closer to a "Viking Bikers"  cover?   You know the one I mean. ;)

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

My pleasure!  Now with all the new equipment you've acquired lately, are we any closer to a "Viking Bikers"  cover?   You know the one I mean. ;)

I can’t definitely say yes at this time. Even if I did there would be a few others ahead of it, as there are some really good rips of those cues from the DVDs. I will double check if you don’t already have those. Just let me know! Such great cues!!

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I can’t definitely say yes at this time. Even if I did there would be a few others ahead of it.

I can wait ;)

• Like 2

On 6/17/2019 at 8:26 PM, Dadrian said:

I can’t definitely say yes at this time. Even if I did there would be a few others ahead of it, as there are some really good rips of those cues from the DVDs. I will double check if you don’t already have those. Just let me know! Such great cues!!

Look forward to hearing them - the new “Val” ( Manhattan Mix) mirrors what we hear in “Prodigal Son” brilliantly. I always loved that jazz guitar as the camera pans down the World Trade Centre to the Plaza. 

Jan Hammer didn’t use that on his Escape from Television version but did on the late 1987 extended version which appeared on the “Tubbs and Valerie” single release.

Edited by Matt5

1 minute ago, Matt5 said:

Look forward to hearing them - the new “Val” ( Manhattan Mix) mirrors what we hear in “Prodigal Son” brilliantly. I always loved that jazz guitar as the camera pans down the World Trade Centre to the Plaza. 

Jan Hammer didn’t use that on his Escape from Television version but did on the late 1987 extended version which appeared on the “Tubbs and Valerie” single release.

Yes same here. One of my favorite moments of the episode. 

The DX7 guitar is actually on both versions, but very scarcely on “Escape”. And I never cared for the solo on the extended version. Can you believe that? :) The tone and the note choices are just so uncharacteristic of him. He should have just used the parts from Prodigal Son haha. 

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Yes same here. One of my favorite moments of the episode. 

The DX7 guitar is actually on both versions, but very scarcely on “Escape”. And I never cared for the solo on the extended version. Can you believe that? :) The tone and the note choices are just so uncharacteristic of him. He should have just used the parts from Prodigal Son haha. 

Hard to believe ha ha - but I did like the solo on the JH extended version. What i like about your new Manhattan Mix is how it mirrors the Prodigal Son version effectly. I was enjoying it today and is different enough from the Rites of Passage version. 

Edited by Matt5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Dadrian The “Amen... Send Money” theme has some elements of the “Death and the Lady” theme as well as the main theme from Jan’s “Secret Admirer”. The beat is also the same as Crockett’s Theme which was released a year earlier but without the shuffle we hear in that theme.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

This is one of a few new themes composed by Jan for Season 4. 

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Crockettt said:

This is one of a few new themes composed by Jan for Season 4. 

Wonderful piece - I love these compositions Jan Hammer did earlier in the 4th Season in 1987 “Contempt of Court”, “Death and the Lady”, “Amen... Send Money”, some nice redone work in “Gods Work” building up nicely to the great Wedding theme from “Like a Hurricane”.

Where did this piece in “Amen...” appear I can’t quite  remember.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Where did this piece in “Amen...” appear I can’t quite  remember.

I think it’s near the end as Mather is climbing the tower?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I think it’s near the end as Mather is climbing the tower?

Yes of course, well done. A real Summer 1987 vibe to this episode.

3 hours ago, Crockettt said:

Yes, exactly. This is used when Mason climbed up on a transmission tower. :)

A really great piece Crockettt.:cheers: