Deliver us from evil

Matt5

Another Wow Tom Terrific.  C Glide please let us know your final opinion, I'm betting it will be positive.

3 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Another Wow Tom Terrific.  C Glide please let us know your final opinion, I'm betting it will be positive.

Yes, don't forget I have two more episodes of Burn Notice to do and I have delayed for good reason, Vice but I have to get those done.

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb miamijimf:

Proud to be included in this group.  Not forgetting Tom, Timm525, and Dadrian.  Left someone out? sorry.  Maybe we should be called "The usual suspects."  :)

Or „Locations Eleven“?

IMF Mission Impossible Force?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Or „Locations Eleven“?

IMF Mission Impossible Force?

V.I.C.E.  - Virtual Investigations Command Entity :hippie:

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb daytona365:

V.I.C.E.  - Virtual Investigations Command Entity :hippie:

If you want to earn the command post on this, then please provide a frontal pic of the Deliver us from Evil house :p!

P.S. a first "rite of passage" would be a Bing 3D view from above on that house (Bing does not work on my computer)....

• Like 1

Thanks, but only one job position to fill, not four :D

P.S. I assume the first one is the closest possible on Bing? (It is much better than Google, but one step closer would be perfect ...)

Edited by Tom

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Thanks, but only one job position to fill, not four :D

P.S. I assume the first one is the closest possible on Bing? (It is much better than Google, but one step closer would be perfect ...)

that's as good as Bing gets, sorry. If you can provide the funding to send me on a recon mission to Miami, I'm game of course :funky:

vor 6 Minuten schrieb daytona365:

that's as good as Bing gets, sorry. If you can provide the funding to send me on a recon mission to Miami, I'm game of course :funky:

Thanks, that´s what I thought, Bing works not at all with me (on Apple devices), just from above, no 3D and stops at half of the close range than Google. All that worked brilliantly until a few years ago. MS seems to be a "scientology" company now :thumbsdown:

And, thanks for the offer, but we have parachuted an agent and he is on the ground already for recon. His code name is CGlide and he lives in a safe house in Naples, FL  :)

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

And, thanks for the offer, but we have parachuted an agent and he is on the ground already for recon. His code name is CGlide and he lives in a safe house in Naples, FL  :)

As I'm not quite familiar with the concept of gated communities please bear with my question, but how does one get past this without a personal invite or anything?

HL2.thumb.jpg.082a0b2c0782ef1cc541e8526b88f444.jpg

Edited by daytona365

Am 4.6.2020 um 09:50 schrieb daytona365:

As I'm not quite familiar with the concept of gated communities please bear with my question, but how does one get past this without a personal invite or anything?

HL.jpg.a0868b4567418815f2536eeb450666f0.jpg

Your link does not display with me here, but that´s the secret agent to decide. On his last mission there he used this (sort of)....

P.S. the junior resident living there is an attorney on the Florida bar. I guess an appointment would be possible  ...?(

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 09.54.08.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 09.59.46.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 10.00.23.png

Edited by Tom
  • Haha 2

Seriously if there is a gate guard and you show him/her some ID and explain your purpose sometimes they will let you in.  I've been able to get into Star Island several times that way.

17 hours ago, daytona365 said:

Many gated communities in Miami will let you in without the guard even talking to you.  The gate will just go up automatically and usually the guard will come down and make a note of your license plate.  Some like Star Island or Sunset Islands the guard will come out and you just say you're looking around.  A few don't let in visitors, like Anchorage Way and Quayside.

• Thanks 1

Most have to let you in as they receive public services. They just want to make sure they can id you if you cause trouble inside.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb C Glide:

Most have to let you in as they receive public services. They just want to make sure they can id you if you cause trouble inside.

Sounds like agent C Glide has a recon plan for next weekend!?

8 hours ago, airtommy said:

Many gated communities in Miami will let you in without the guard even talking to you.  The gate will just go up automatically and usually the guard will come down and make a note of your license plate.  Some like Star Island or Sunset Islands the guard will come out and you just say you're looking around.  A few don't let in visitors, like Anchorage Way and Quayside.

Many will you are right,  I had no problem with Star or Sunset Islands. Poinciana Avenue is also gated now in Coconut Grove and is quite accessible as well as Gables Estates (Bought and Paid For) which I went to recently.

I spent a few days at Quayside (“World of Trouble”, “One Way Ticket” etc) this fall but Anchorage Way is still a big no no.

Edited by Matt5

I've received confirmation from the current owner familiy that 4994 Hammock Lake Dr is indeed the correct house. They were aware that filming took place there, although before they owned the place.

So congrats to @Tom for spotting it between all these trees. I went over that actual street myself on google earth, but didn't make it.

One more off the list!

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1

vor 19 Minuten schrieb daytona365:

I've received confirmation from the current owner familiy that 4994 Hammock Lake Dr is indeed the correct house. They were aware that filming took place there, although before they owned the place.

So congrats to @Tom for spotting it between all these trees. I went over that actual street myself on google earth, but didn't make it.

One more off the list!

Thanks but I was sure anyway due to so many matches!

key reason why there are no realtor pics is that the family who lives there now bought it in November 1992 from the original owners who built it in 1987. So they heard from the filming first hand but no realtor has stepped onto that lot ever since.

The gated community and the heavy foliage in front of the house adds to our problem of not getting any frontal pic of the facade.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey y'all, here are *MIAMIVICEONLINE.COM-EXCLUSIVE* present day photos of the house which I got directly from the owner family. They were even as helpful as trying to capture the camera angles from the episode. A HUGE THANKS to Ben Weinberger and his folks! Enjoy!

639670399_miamivice3.thumb.jpg.e441c0e0a2b12ad1d191005c81c7c538.jpg

997931964_miamivice2.thumb.jpg.ecbc938fd5b0575362817cd853ea759b.jpg

1984714130_miamivice5.thumb.jpg.1125a09e6f6efd680c5b01a928d48964.jpg

1402004231_miamivice1.thumb.jpg.1895a3a089c3c0a5a6ed2b5a9d4265c9.jpg

2019935998_miamivice6.thumb.jpg.f688f7600c2bcd2ec0274eb8723c938b.jpg

1560546169_miamivice4.thumb.jpg.9d1ec7b6181fa0008871b47098b1a969.jpg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

They even still have the spotlights in the hallway and the barstools...also the wall unit in the TV room looks almost the same except the color

DUFE.thumb.jpg.a27efe8aa7198cc1b880236b919dcd7d.jpg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3

vor 1 Stunde schrieb daytona365:

Hey y'all, here are *MIAMIVICEONLINE.COM-EXCLUSIVE* present day photos of the house which I got directly from the owner family. They were even as helpful as trying to capture the camera angles from the episode. A HUGE THANKS to Ben Weinberger and his folks! Enjoy!

639670399_miamivice3.thumb.jpg.e441c0e0a2b12ad1d191005c81c7c538.jpg

997931964_miamivice2.thumb.jpg.ecbc938fd5b0575362817cd853ea759b.jpg

1984714130_miamivice5.thumb.jpg.1125a09e6f6efd680c5b01a928d48964.jpg

1402004231_miamivice1.thumb.jpg.1895a3a089c3c0a5a6ed2b5a9d4265c9.jpg

2019935998_miamivice6.thumb.jpg.f688f7600c2bcd2ec0274eb8723c938b.jpg

1560546169_miamivice4.thumb.jpg.9d1ec7b6181fa0008871b47098b1a969.jpg

Wow a big thanks to you and the Weinbergers for this effort, especially recreating the filming angles is amazing! True VICE fans! 
Also I an happy that my find has been finally confirmed!

PS. Your last photo comparison with the stairs is incorrect :p VICE filmed this scene where the kid walks up from the outside, through the big window with the small glass triangle shaped roof visible a bit. Otherwise all recreations are very accurate!

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

PS. Your last photo comparison with the stairs is incorrect :p VICE filmed this scene where the kid walks up from the outside, through the big window with the small glass triangle shaped roof visible a bit. Otherwise all recreations are very accurate!

don't be an inch pincher ;)  the episode still that I put in the comparison is actually from when Hackman walks up the stairs, not the girl. And I did not crop it or anything. The today photo of the staircase is also taken from the outside, just closer to the glass. If you look at the hallway pic you will notice that the glass sections are larger and the seams are finer. The door is still the same though.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb daytona365:

don't be an inch pincher ;)  the episode still that I put in the comparison is actually from when Hackman walks up the stairs, not the girl. And I did not crop it or anything. The today photo of the staircase is also taken from the outside, just closer to the glass. If you look at the hallway pic you will notice that the glass sections are larger and the seams are finer. The door is still the same though.

Fair enough!

Interesting how things look different in reality anyway - at first I thought they changed the glass tiles in the curved wall but they are exactly the same, the lightning used in this night scene made the difference!

• Like 1