Don Johnson Look-Alike!

summer84

Doesn't even look like Don.He is just dressed like him.

If it was today i would have fired this guy and hired Jerry Beck! ;-)

It's a cheap shame!
Not more - not less.

What makes things still worse it that it is named at 28:58 like one actually have to think about a scene with the original.

So... not more or less than a shame.
=> conceited - affected - poor student - la-di-da 
each move is completely exaggerated and the bad attempt to copy

That guy even can not lift his shirt... sexy ! :) :)           Baaaah ! :wuerg:

All these guys...
all these guys even today who are not LIVING 'it' and do think a few copied moves
makes a DJ/SC with them simply have not heard the final shot at any point.

Jerry even manages to be in a certain way like Don today although he is not informed about the current Johnson.
That's it !
And that's the reason why you all mention Jerry here as better example.

You have to BE and bring with a certain personality  - not to copy anyone.

Funny thing aside all the copies want to get the attention like this guy in the video.
A similar personality does not care about that . . . 

• Like 2

Summer84, thanks for thinking about me, but the guy in the video doesn't look like me, nor like Crockett. His moves and face remind me of Max Headroom (does anybody remember him?)

Thanks everybody for the nice comments, if I fail in music, it looks I have a job at least :-)

Seriously, while I have to say I never wanted to imitate the character of Sonny, is nice to see people find similarities with an objectively fascinating man. I've been told I have some of DJ gesture even if I never "studied" him or his look, like many males here. The story is: when the show aired back then, I noticed this cool guy had something vaguely resembling myself, so my path was the opposite to what happened for most of the guys. I used to wear like that in the 80s cause, for the first time in my life, fashion was something I was happy to follow. I dropped the 80s look in the early 90s and never went back, if not last year, after joining this community. And just for the fun to share some Vice-styled pictures with you guys.

My everyday look is almost totally based on shades of gray and/or black, I don't own golden watches, MV collectibles etc. I wear Clubmasters more than Wayfarers and maybe the only thing I kept from my 80s look are my hair.

Blue - as always - you nailed it: attitude can't be copied. You have it. Or you haven't. Fascinating, charismatic men (or women) are just themselves. That's it.

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 2

:)  :)  :)  - perfect !

22356179dr.jpg

sorry - couldn't renounce  :p

Summer84 - only to make clear.
I have not criticized YOUR post, okay?
In contrary - it is a good base to discuss. Thank you ! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I understand what you mean Jerry, and I am sorry if I have mistaken you with being, that guy.

But had it been you, then it would have been awesome!

I really thought that, it was you in the video, but then again I wasn't a hundred percent sure,

that is why I posted the video. And I am glad, that you clarified it wasn't you. :) 

:)  :)  :)  - perfect !

22356179dr.jpg

sorry - couldn't renounce  :p

Summer84 - only to make clear.

I have not criticized YOUR post, okay?

In contrary - it is a good base to discuss. Thank you ! :thumbsup:

That's okay Bluepearl. :) I didn't read it, in any bad way. I could see, that their was a hint of humour

and that you wanted to make a point, with what you wrote and I agree that copying someone isn't the same as being, that person.

I appreciate your comment.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

No need to be sorry, Summer84, and there's nothing wrong if you thought it was me in the video. But the guy has really nothing of me, not in his gesture, nor in his face. Not to mention the bleach hair.

By the way, alikeness is something very subjective. Some time ago Angelina Jolie was on vacation in a small town, where they were making a contest for the best "Angelina look-alike". She thought it was funny to register under a fake name and see what would happen. Guess what? She didn't win. Can you believe it? They found a woman that was more "Angelina" than the original, real one.

The truth is: the way we guess to appear to our next is never the real thing. Think it over, Crocketts and Burnetts out there ;-)

• Like 1