Got New Shoes

James

22 hours ago, Wolfman said:

Hi there, do you have the link for the second pair, please? I'm looking for the black ones DJ wore in S3 and these are the closest I've seen yet. Thanks.

They look good - good call with the hoops.

2 hours ago, Wolfman said:

Thanks, Dadrian. A UK 9 or european 43.

The vamp is almost always too long on a men’s loafer. The short vamp (showing more of the foot) is a really definitive detail of Crockett’s dark loafers. I would suggest at least considering a women’s shoe. This one would probably fit you in a women’s 10 or 10.5:

https://m.sears.com/hush-puppies-women-s-tayce-hyatisse-loafer/p-054VA96864612P?sid=IDx01192011x202448499&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI58y4ytiU2wIVSjaBCh0tjwuNEAQYAyABEgLCCfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COztztLYlNsCFRzI4wcd5RkMvQ

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

Hey Dadrian, a UK 9s or european 43. I'll be away from my station now until 30th May. Catch up thereafter. Cheers, Phil (Wolfman)

Cool. See the link above when you get back. :thumbsup:

On 5/14/2018 at 1:59 PM, Wolfman said:

Please could anyone tell me the make of shoes worn by Crockett (mainly in Season 3), a low-cut black leather loafer with lattice stitching continuing around the uppers? None of those on the forum are it. There is also a calendar stills shot of him wearing them, sitting in a steel-framed chair. I recall them from episodes The Good Collar and When Irish Eyes are Crying etc.

Wolfman, I own these shoes and they're the closest to Crockett's Season 3 look: low-vamp moccasins with the whipstitch detail:

https://www.giorgiobrutini.com/morty

image.png.8ea1eef79cfbde3ee9bc5df2cd185e1e.png 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 5:19 PM, Dadrian said:

The vamp is almost always too long on a men’s loafer. The short vamp (showing more of the foot) is a really definitive detail of Crockett’s dark loafers. I would suggest at least considering a women’s shoe. This one would probably fit you in a women’s 10 or 10.5:

https://m.sears.com/hush-puppies-women-s-tayce-hyatisse-loafer/p-054VA96864612P?sid=IDx01192011x202448499&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI58y4ytiU2wIVSjaBCh0tjwuNEAQYAyABEgLCCfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COztztLYlNsCFRzI4wcd5RkMvQ

Thanks for these, Dadrian. I'll wait. I wonder if anyone from the original wardrobe dept is contactable?

On 5/23/2018 at 4:38 AM, Spyder said:

Wolfman, I own these shoes and they're the closest to Crockett's Season 3 look: low-vamp moccasins with the whipstitch detail:

https://www.giorgiobrutini.com/morty

image.png.8ea1eef79cfbde3ee9bc5df2cd185e1e.png 

Thanks, Spyder. These are the closest yet. I wonder if there's anyone contactable from the original wardrobe dept that might know?

On 5/19/2018 at 6:26 AM, Wolfman said:

Hi there, do you have the link for the second pair, please? I'm looking for the black ones DJ wore in S3 and these are the closest I've seen yet. Thanks.

I will dig up the link if you're still interested.  I also have them in black . Just let me know .

On 5/19/2018 at 6:26 AM, Wolfman said:

These are my Vintage 80s Season 3 style loafers with shorter vamps as pointed out by Dadrian.

FEAA8F43-4662-47CB-9971-84B30255FE09.jpeg

3C895170-6737-4FAF-8D62-73E88DBDEA9D.jpeg

Edited by MTVcops
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MTVcops said:

These are my Vintage 80s Season 3 style loafers with shorter vamps as pointed out by Dadrian.

FEAA8F43-4662-47CB-9971-84B30255FE09.jpeg

3C895170-6737-4FAF-8D62-73E88DBDEA9D.jpeg

Who is the designer?

• 2 weeks later...

The short vamp just looks too much like a women’s shoe. All my shoes have the standard vamp. Mind you my style is also a watered down Crockett look. My wife would bust my b???s if I wore a short vamp shoe lol.

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

The short vamp just looks too much like a women’s shoe. All my shoes have the standard vamp. Mind you my style is also a watered down Crockett look. My wife would bust my b???s if I wore a short vamp shoe lol.

I agree, it gets to a point where it just looks super girly. I personally like it at a point where approximately 1cm of skin is showing just enough so you can tell I'm not wearing socks, equal to or just above your bridge. I reckon that's the perfect amount. I don't go shorter than that because that's when it gets girly. 

I even thought it looked girly on Crockett when he wore that low-vamp style in season 3. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I think DJ totally rocked those. They look girly on just about anyone else though haha. 

Ha Ha!:thumbsup::)

Although I showed these on another post I guess someone might want to see them here. ..

I just picked these up at the Bayside Marketplace in Miami a few weeks ago. $20, size 11, perforated to breathe & made of a stretchy material. Medium vamp and pretty damn comfy!

E20F8C69-D4BC-4706-8A3C-0BB320D8A1C4.jpeg

20 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Although I showed these on another post I guess someone might want to see them here. ..

I just picked these up at the Bayside Marketplace in Miami a few weeks ago. $20, size 11, perforated to breathe & made of a stretchy material. Medium vamp and pretty damn comfy!

E20F8C69-D4BC-4706-8A3C-0BB320D8A1C4.jpeg

$20 wow excellent!

• 1 month later...

Just got a pair of regular white slip-ons from H&M website (and a few other goodies) for only $12.99. Later on I'll have some pics on my thread where I show off my threads.

12 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Just got a pair of regular white slip-ons from H&M website (and a few other goodies) for only $12.99. Later on I'll have some pics on my thread where I show off my threads.

I recently saw a pair of off-white espadrilles there. I almost got them. :thumbsup:

I’d like a pair of white espadrilles but the wife would prob kill me if I got anymore shoes. I can already go 2 weeks without wearing the same pair. Gotta keep up w/ Crockett & his shoes that seem to clash w/ any color he wears lol.

• Haha 1