My Crockett-style clothing collection

TylerDurden389

4 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Sup everyone. A small update. Still no luck on transferring to Florida (I'm pretty much of the mindset of "If it happens, it happens" at this point) but I'm keeping my spirits up. I've gone to a few music shows in the past few weeks where they play the 80's inspired synth music that some of us here are already aware of. Despite everyone being dressed in all black, my Crockett look goes over with people really well. I ran into a few people that I've met before, as well as met some people I only know on Facebook who recognized me (Given my white contrast to the all black clothes everyone else wears at these shows, I certainly stood out, lol) who came up to introduce themselves, and even a few people I didn't know that complimented me on my look. So that was cool.

I recently got a new blazer that I figured I'd share with you guys. It's a little tight, so I gotta work on losing a few pounds, lol. Also, I recently realized that my giant tropical sunset poster makes a great backdrop and I could smack myself in the head for not using it a lot sooner for all the other pics I've taken here. The 2nd picture I took in the dark and did a close up to try and make it look like I'm actually there. Someday...someday.

IMG_20181025_180341498.jpg

IMG_20181025_180708620.jpg

Looks nice! Where did you find that sportcoat?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a few of jackets that sorta look like Brad's in Fight Club. 2 look like the one he wears throughout most of the movie (like in the picture you posted), difference being one has buttons and large lapels, while the other has a zipper and only a collar.  Both are in a more tan/brown color rather than dark red.  Then my 3rd is the biker jacket he wears. However, I no longer have one in red with white shoulder pads. I recently bought one that's black with red shoulder pads.

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 1

I don’t think the 80s fashion can be replicated completely these days, but we can be inspired by it.  So with Miami 80s fashion, we can look at the colors and general styles with blazers and linens.  But the 80s’ very loose fitting and large shoulder pads feel out of place now. 

• 11 months later...

Haven't posted here in a while but I do have a lot more threads in the time since moving here to Florida. I got something yesterday that I just NEED to show you guys cuz I know you'll all LOVE it:

11-19-2019.jpg

• Like 7

That is a nice one and fits right in with clothes of that era.  I had one but sent it back since I just didn't like it on me.

Edited by IA-SteveB

On 11/20/2019 at 11:39 AM, TylerDurden389 said:

Haven't posted here in a while but I do have a lot more threads in the time since moving here to Florida. I got something yesterday that I just NEED to show you guys cuz I know you'll all LOVE it:

11-19-2019.jpg

Looking good!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Been having a little fun while rewatching the series. I finally tried out a haircut I'd been thinking of trying for a long time. It's essentially an easy fade, but all the lengths are the longest, getting progressively shorter as you go down (from a number 12, to a number 8. I had to buy those clipper separately, as most hair trimmers don't have them). I couldn't quite part my hair like I wanted to for the first 2 weeks, but after that I've loved it ever since. Only addition I did was, I wet my hair and combed the hair down over my ears and took a scissor to it (about halfway down my ear). I figure, regardless of how long Don's hair got on the show, it was still trimmed over the ears (from what I can tell. Correct me if I'm wrong). Sucks that in a few weeks the temperature is really gonna go up here in Florida and I'll probably end up cutting it a lot shorter, but I go with comfort rather than style during that time of year. In the first 2 pics, I tried styling the way Don had it in season 1, and while I don't like the way I look with it, it's good to know I can feel more comfortable doing my own take on it (my hair has gotten longer since taking these pics). I'm looking forward to taking some pics of myself in some popular Vice shooting locations in the near future.

IMG_20200225_013253948 (3).jpg

IMG_20200225_013514946 (2).jpg

IMG_20200115_004817153.jpg

IMG_20200115_004622096.jpg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Been having a little fun while rewatching the series. I finally tried out a haircut I'd been thinking of trying for a long time. It's essentially an easy fade, but all the lengths are the longest, getting progressively shorter as you go down (from a number 12, to a number 8. I had to buy those clipper separately, as most hair trimmers don't have them). I couldn't quite part my hair like I wanted to for the first 2 weeks, but after that I've loved it ever since. Only addition I did was, I wet my hair and combed the hair down over my ears and took a scissor to it (about halfway down my ear). I figure, regardless of how long Don's hair got on the show, it was still trimmed over the ears (from what I can tell. Correct me if I'm wrong). Sucks that in a few weeks the temperature is really gonna go up here in Florida and I'll probably end up cutting it a lot shorter, but I go with comfort rather than style during that time of year. In the first 2 pics, I tried styling the way Don had it in season 1, and while I don't like the way I look with it, it's good to know I can feel more comfortable doing my own take on it (my hair has gotten longer since taking these pics). I'm looking forward to taking some pics of myself in some popular Vice shooting locations in the near future.

IMG_20200225_013253948 (3).jpg

IMG_20200115_004817153.jpg

IMG_20200115_004622096.jpg

Great look - thankyou for posting.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 2:17 AM, TylerDurden389 said:

I figure, regardless of how long Don's hair got on the show, it was still trimmed over the ears (from what I can tell. Correct me if I'm wrong).

I really dig that off-white textured blazer, very nice. As for the hair I would assert that Crockett, with only few exceptions in S3 and the Burnett pony tail look, always had at least the tip if not a good portion of his ears covered by hair 

calderon26.jpg evan10.jpg absolut53.jpg

irish25.jpg ther12.jpg ther05.jpg

hurricane12.jpg mirror02.jpg hostile11.jpg

line26.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 7/17/2018 at 10:13 PM, TylerDurden389 said:

Been a little quiet here lately, and since my move to Florida doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon (circumstances both in and out of my control), I figured I'd do a little more showing off, lol. Been working on a more realistic clothing collection for whenever I do manage to get down there. My plan is to wear short-sleeve polo shirts and shorts with just the blazers and slip-ons. The pants and longsleeves I'll save for the cooler nights. I'm basically done with my shorts, but I still gotta work on the shirts (and I do still wanna get a powder blue blazer that actually fits, as the one I was wearing in the picture here is long gone. As well as a bunch more that simply didn't fit right). Also, I wore this blazer to an 80's synth music party weekend a month and a half ago and everyone LOVED it. Only clothing not pictured here is a gray pair of shorts that have the same pattern as the shorts I'm wearing in pic 2. Or my authentic vintage Miami Vice t-shirt from 1984 that I got on ebay for 5 bucks (the original owner cut off the sleeves for whatever reason).

Pic 1 - I found a blazer on ebay with that same pattern as these shorts and I'm probably gonna get it despite it may being a bit too big for me (thanks to the user here who posted the link!!). The vest is a little bulky on me and I'll save that for the really hot days. The shoes were from H&M for only $12.99 online.

Pic 2 - Had this shirt for a while and it fits me perfectly. The shorts are a kind of darker blue but somehow I can picture Don wearing them in seasons 1 and 2.

Pic 3 - White shorts that I just got the other day. A little tight around the waist but I'm trying to get back into the habit of exercising on a semi-regular basis again. The blazer I got on ebay for $15 (I've posted pics before). It fits me perfectly, I love it to death and hate that I can't wear it in public without getting funny looks from people. You'd think here in Brooklyn with all the hipsters dressed like the grunge-era 90's with their oversized flannel shirts and ripped-at-the-knees jeans, that no one would criticize me, but alas....

Pic 4 - Teal shorts and light blue polo. Not as light in shade of blue as I'd like, but I got it with 4 other polos, all in my size for only 17 bucks on ebay.

Pic 5 - Yellow shorts from Old Navy. Great store to shop at during the summer for all your Crockett needs. The white tanktop I'm wearing is one of those 'bodybuilder' tanktops that have no back to them. It was gotting hot in my room doing all these wardrobe changes, lol.

Pic 6 - Light blue H&M shorts. Another great store for your Crockett style needs.

Pic 7 - Light purple shorts from Old Navy.

Pic 8 - Orange/Salmon color shorts from H&M.

My plan now is to get myself some polos of the same colors and mix and match (I already have a gray polo and plenty of white tees).

IMG_20180717_140740994.jpg

IMG_20180717_140931240.jpg

IMG_20180717_141051571.jpg

IMG_20180717_141335784.jpg

IMG_20180717_141524906_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180717_141614999_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180717_141659197_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180717_141804256_HDR.jpg

who makes this blazer? got a label?

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 7:40 PM, Lit Up said:

who makes this blazer? got a label?

The Brand is called "TECH by Hegstan" (made in the USA). I spend A LOT of time scouring ebay for rare stuff like this so who knows if there's any more floating around out there.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Some new threads:

1. Sunglasses I got Walmart in the sporting section ($10)

2. New shirt. American Eagle, longsleeve button-front, very lightweight

3. Lightweight medium gray blazer, light purple shortsleeve button-front, light blue slacks

4. Off-white with blue striped blazer, t-shirt I got on poshmark, Express tapered white slacks

5. All stuff I've worn before, just took this one for fun

I've got some other stuff I've bought recently, I'll get around to taking some more pics soon.

IMG_20210118_095857591.jpg

IMG_20210118_095354748.jpg

IMG_20210117_211308085.jpg

IMG_20201227_205441624.jpg

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2020 at 4:10 PM, daytona365 said:

I really dig that off-white textured blazer, very nice. As for the hair I would assert that Crockett, with only few exceptions in S3 and the Burnett pony tail look, always had at least the tip if not a good portion of his ears covered by hair 

calderon26.jpg evan10.jpg absolut53.jpg

irish25.jpg ther12.jpg ther05.jpg

hurricane12.jpg mirror02.jpg hostile11.jpg

line26.jpg

Great looks

• 2 weeks later...

You must have as many blazers as I do.  :)  I went through a period of buying way too many of them.  I quit doing that and mostly just look for vintage stuff at this point, which is hard to find in my modest size.  It's fun to pass time looking, though.  I like that one above.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 8:17 PM, IA-SteveB said:

You must have as many blazers as I do.  :)  I went through a period of buying way too many of them.  I quit doing that and mostly just look for vintage stuff at this point, which is hard to find in my modest size.  It's fun to pass time looking, though.  I like that one above.

Good thing about vintage stuff is it tends to run small. I buy my shirts in XS but with vintage shirts, a S or even a M might fit just fine.