Considering buying a white Testarossa!

Mvice8489

21 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

Yeah I love the C4’s looks. I don’t like the C3 or earlier too much but C5 is also cool.

When I was a kid, our neighbor had a 1969 C3 convertible in red like this one but with a black interior.

I thought it was pretty damn cool.  I remember my dad used to help her work on it and, I kid you not, she was a kindergarten teacher!  With a red corvette convertible!!!  Kind of like the librarian who ditches her glasses and sensible shoes after work, I guess.  She was in her 20's then, lived with her mom after her father died, and used to take me to get ice cream in it when I was in grade school.  Good memories.  That was the 70's, damn!

1974-red-c3-corvette-convertible-0391.jpg

• Like 3

that red car is a 1974 or newer model.   1972 (my car's production year) and earlier had chrome bumpers front and back.  1973 had only a rear chrome bumper and the front was rubber

47 minutes ago, Mvice8489 said:

that red car is a 1974 or newer model.   1972 (my car's production year) and earlier had chrome bumpers front and back.  1973 had only a rear chrome bumper and the front was rubber

This one is a 1974 but our neighbor's was a 1969.  I just found a picture that was similar.  I do remember the chrome bumpers though.  I remember seeing her polish them and the wheels, and waxing the thing all the time.  I even remember her keeping the white markings on the tires looking good.  For some reason I also remember distinctly the door handles on the top of the door.  I haven't seen one up close in nearly 40 years but I remember some things clearly.

Edited by pahonu

On 4/26/2019 at 2:37 PM, Dadrian said:

Gotcha! Awesome car man, congrats!

I was referring of course to the Vette in which you were running from Crockett back in the day. :p

Naw, It would have been a Trans Am...the Whiskey Tango Vette. :rauchen:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, the white Testarossa it expected to arrive early tomorrow morning!  (Unfortunately it is expected to be raining :()

But still quite excited !!

• Like 6

Very :cool: Congrats on your purchase . Like everyone looking forward to see pictures . The rain won’t damper things the testarossa brings sunshine all good. 

10 hours ago, Mvice8489 said:

(Unfortunately it is expected to be raining :()

When the rain comes, when the rain comes, when the rain comes down down dowwwwwn. :radio::p 

• Like 2

If they’re on your phone, and you’re browsing this site with your phone, you can simply hit “click to choose files” (the paper clip icon) in the reply box below. 

Given the option, choose files from your photo library, rather than taking a new photo with your phone. Select the desired image(s), and upload. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see it! In addition, I would love to read the whole process of finding it, the actual buying and shipping, etc. I am thinking of buying a car from out of state and having it shipped, so besides the obvious Miami Vice tie in, I have another interest in your experience. 

As you know I looked for a Daytona spider replica for over five years and had absolutely zero luck.  This is the car that I have been using as my “Daytona” in the meantime     A 1972 triple black Corvette. Which of course is what the Daytona replicas were based off of in the first place. 

033A4BD3-D34C-4F7A-B5BA-9E0C04D9C703.jpeg

• Like 2