Share a picture of where you live.

BrlnMV

Coming back from Vegas today my wife took these pictures of our town.  The first is a former massage parlor that the town still has no idea what to do with the abandon building.  The second is just too funny not to share. 

pahrump8.JPG

pahrump14.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/3/2018 at 4:37 PM, jpm1 said:

interesting to see how WWII affected some of our families. i'll make the short version. but if i live in Dordogne now, it's to make it short, because my grandma and grandpa moved there during WWII too. they used to live in Jura before blitzkrieg

lncvnuI.jpg

Yes WWII had a lot to do with where people live today.  I grew up in Miami because my father attended a Navy electronics course on Miami Beach during the war.  My mother traveled down to be with him and liked it better than any other place she had lived.  I'm glad, it was a great place to grow up.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 4:37 PM, jpm1 said:

interesting to see how WWII affected some of our families. i'll make the short version. but if i live in Dordogne now, it's to make it short, because my grandma and grandpa moved there during WWII too. they used to live in Jura before blitzkrieg

Ca

Catch any of the Tour de France this year?

you mean if i saw it. honestly i'm not a big fan of it. i'm mean i practise lot of bicycle in life. but there's too much drugs use in that thing. each year they say they took measures, each year there are big scandals -_-

quickshots i made yesterday while going to the river (41°C here yesterday)

Edited by jpaul1
  • Like 5

Thought I'd stop off in Hong Kong for a couple of years, 20 years ago. The place has been good to me though.

For every this:

IMG_0939.thumb.jpg.d33435eda963bfdb9b0027f66ad60975.jpg

There's also this:  One day I may have to live on it, what with the price of property here!

IMG_20180216_145825.thumb.jpg.cd1db871293156484d15a3aa19f18f53.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Marin Co, CA.  The Land of old Hippies who Sold Out, old Musicians who are still selling out, peacock feather and hot tubs.  (Famous NBC documentary about Marin Co, from 1978 called “I Want it all Now” is still kinda true.)

Lots of younger-2nd-trophy-wives driving around in their white Range Rovers and yoga pants, cutting you off in traffic and parking in handicap spots while they “just run in to get a mocha-chai-frappuwhippo and drop the kids off at their Gluten-Free Horse Meditation Camp.”

First pic shows the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marin Headlands.  (Future home to StarFleet Headquarters.  Yes, I’m also a big Sci-Fi/Fantasy geek.). Big mountain in the background is Mt. Tamalpais.  My town is on the far side of the mountain.

Second pic is my town.

Third is of a little park downtown that George Lucas built for the town.  (He lives here.)

Sweet little town.  Nice restaurants, little shops.  We can walk downtown from our place.  No night life to speak off, but the next little town over is a total throwback hippie-enclave with cool bars and great live music.

CB5DEB1C-94D9-4DEA-9BDE-8534AC65406D.png

B37111D7-70AD-48B4-BB01-4BE721BD3852.png

2C804FA5-89D7-4828-9632-3B7AB92D73D8.png

Edited by Marco Falcone
Pics out of order
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Marco Falcone:

First pic shows the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marin Headlands.

I drove across the Golden Gate Bridge as an 18-year-old a few times while we were on a family vacation there. I think it was three dollars to go into town (the other direction was free). They called it the Pollution Solution because they tried to reduce traffic into San Francisco that way. Don't know if that's still a thing?

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Here's the view from my neighbourhood west of Melbourne, Australia. It was a gorgeous day so I thought I'd finally take a photo for this thread. :)  It's actually closer than it looks in the photo, my phone's lens has a wide spread. On the right you have "Albert Park", where F1 is held every year. 

2018-11-18 14.52.06.jpg

Kind of looks like Miami, you got the docks and then the city. :) 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/18/2018 at 10:47 AM, James said:

Here's the view from my neighbourhood west of Melbourne, Australia. It was a gorgeous day so I thought I'd finally take a photo for this thread. :)  It's actually closer than it looks in the photo, my phone's lens has a wide spread. On the right you have "Albert Park", where F1 is held every year. 

2018-11-18 14.52.06.jpg

Kind of looks like Miami, you got the docks and then the city. :) 

are there sharks. i mean sounds cool, as long as you can dive

few more shots i made while doing mountain bike today

Montfort castle, 10 km from where i live

lHPrrPw.jpg

Domme fortified village, 12 km from where i live

Ob5nZac.jpg

the Dordogne. not sure the image gives it justice. the most beautiful thing on earth to me

VyhZWNX.jpg

• Like 6

• Administrators
On 6/25/2019 at 4:50 AM, jpm1 said:

are there sharks. i mean sounds cool, as long as you can dive

Nah, definitely no sharks in there. However the bay has some Gummy Sharks. I don't think they have teeth though, hence the name. 

That photo was taken where the river opens up into a bay, I was standing on the edge of land, not on the water so no diving necessary. :)  Here's another photo but taken further back.

2018-11-18 14.53.33.jpg

• Like 4

Better shots of the Dordogne

3bsGm6r.jpg

if you look carefully you'll see a watchtower in the middle of the cliff. don't know for what it was exactly. could be for the British, or for the Vikings.. i go swim a lot in summer there

qnuERBB.jpg

the same from above

22nWAUU.jpg

u5gnr6P.jpg

@alleycat sad the quality is bad. I'd really like to see better shots

Edited by jpm1
  • Like 4

On 6/26/2019 at 7:28 PM, jpm1 said:

Better shots of the Dordogne

3bsGm6r.jpg

if you look carefully you'll see a watchtower in the middle of the cliff. don't know for what it was exactly. could be for the British, or for the Vikings.. i go swim a lot in summer there

qnuERBB.jpg

the same from above

22nWAUU.jpg

u5gnr6P.jpg

@alleycat sad the quality is bad. I'd really like to see better shots

Well it was my camera a older cellphone  should have taken pictures with my tablet 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, PGJ said:

Ipswich Waterfront, UK. View from my living room until I moved to a house a couple years ago...

2014-07-18 21.19.jpg

Wow, I have never been to the UK and I subscribe to the perception that it is always rainy, cold and gloomy. Maybe this was taken in the summer. Very nice and Miami-like