Traveling Robert You Tube Channel-Miami Based RV Channel

Scot from S.C.

I wanted to share one of the You Tube channels that I follow. The gentleman's name is Robert Morales aka Traveling Robert, and he lives in Miami. He and his wife own a Winnebago Micro Mini, and they make frequent trips around the United States.

Well, since he lives in Miami, he has several videos of walking tours of the city, such as some in Little Havana and even South Beach. I have left him comments asking him to watch "Miami Vice" and make a video pointing out some of the landmarks that are still in existence as far as buildings are concerned. 

He is a friendly fellow, and he has responded to my comments, so hopefully he will make a video in the future. He has some good videos of the state of Florida as well as other states. He has original music on his videos, and he is a good keyboardist, so I enjoy that aspect as well.

He has many Key West videos as well, so if you love Florida like I do, his channel is a real treat.

Here is his latest short video of him breaking in his new vehicle so he can tow his rv. He passes through Little Havana on the way up to Hollywood, etc. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/0kaQJ-WW3uY

• Like 4

Thanks for the feedback. I discovered his channel a few months ago. I asked him to go back and watch the series and do a walking tour of Vice locations. He said that he would, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

He came to Miami in the 80s as a teen from Cuba, and one of his trademark lines in his video is "Fly pelican fly!" which, of course, is from the Pacino version of "Scarface." All of us, his viewers, call ourselves "Pelican Heads."

I like his original music, especially his keyboard selections. Watching his Florida videos always puts me in a good mood. He drinks a lot of Cuban coladas like me, so I can relate. 

He has other videos from around the country too, including one in New Mexico, where he visits some of the "Breaking Bad" locations.

He uploads new videos typically weekly, so keep an eye on his channel if you like it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Excellent videos, all good but I liked the Little Havana and River cruise the best.

I liked the river cruise video.  When he points out the food trucks and he thinks Big Fish was there, he's wrong.  That's actually the spot where Tubbs gets picked up to go to the voodoo party in "Tale of the Goat".

• Like 3

23 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Ya these are great if anyone really wants to know what Miami looks like today but there is nothing like being there.

Yes!  Agreed!

Good eye airtommy! I was hoping some of you eagle eye Vicers could point out spots in his videos. 

You're welcome chum981. I try to share anything I find that is tied to Vice. I have enjoyed watching Robert's videos a lot.

He just uploaded a short trip to the Everglades this morning. He finds a deserted stadium, visits a rustic museum, and gets some good drone footage of the skyline from Virginia Key I believe. Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/IaYUg883Gyk

• Like 1

Thanks! Yes, my wife and I liked that aspect too. Since he was born and lived up to his teen-age years in Cuba, he has a special appreciation for the freedom we enjoy in our great country. Happy Thanksgiving! :thumbsup:

Edited by Scot from S.C.
  • Like 1