SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

Well pals, for me and the majority of us it is finally getting spring! :cool: Slowly but steady temperatures increase and we are finally able to catch some vitamin-D in the sun! That also means the time has come to take the pastels and linen blazers out of the closet - and the sunglasses, of course!

Unfortunately the fashion part of this forum became very quiet. So, another forum user and I got the idea to take and post a selfie in this thread whenever we decide to go out in a Miami Vice-inspired style. And of course it would be awesome to see more Vicers participating in this. To keep the spirit alive, but also to inspire other Vicers. Feel also free to share your experiences and feelings when going out like this. Perhaps you received a compliment from the cute waitress while you enjoy a coffee in the sun wearing your favorite blazer, or you just feel totally viced-up while cruising with your convertible through the streets while you wear your wayfarers and listen to Jan Hammer. Whatever it is, share it along with your photo and let us know!

Just to make sure: This thread is NOT about bragging with expensive stuff, neither it is about posing. It is meant to share the passion that brought us to this forum, to give inspirations in terms of fashion, and to help keeping this amazing style alive in dark times of slim fit-pants, hipster-beards, and shorts- and thongs combinations. So, of course it is totally fine if you wanna keep your face out of the picture, or if you decide for showing us your Henley only without wearing the full Vice-look from your head to your toes. 

Enjoy the sun, pals! :funky:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see this post is up! It will be probably another month until I’m able to post anything. We’re still frozen and buried in the snow in the Midwest. Hopefully this will help revive this section of the forum.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

Glad to see this post is up! It will be probably another month until I’m able to post anything. We’re still frozen and buried in the snow in the Midwest. Hopefully this will help revive this section of the forum.

Thanks pal! Stay strong - no matter how depressing it might be outside at the moment, the darkest months passed by, and soon a warm breeze will blow through your linen blazers! ;)

To get this started, down below you can see the exact same outfit I went out for drinks with yesterday evening. It was already dark outside, so I jumped on a season 3 kind of outfit. Havent done my hair when the photo was taken, so there is no head. :D Just like on COOPs old photos! Totally love the combination of the bright yellow with the darker colors! Season 3 wasnt that bad, just different. 

Blazer: 100% cotton, half-lined, 2btn by CINQUE, shirt: regular fit 3btn Henley made of 100% cotton by the brand Basefield, pants: black dress pants made of a cotton/linen blend by ESPRIT

135124.jpg

• Like 12

Aaaaand another one!  :) This is the outfit I have worn today on my day off, and I am still wearing right in this moment when typing these lines.

I have to add that I have never worn this style before in my life (except on an 80s party in late november), because I have watched my first episode of MV in october last year right when the weather gone bad. And it obviously demands bigger balls than the season 3 outfit last night. So it was pretty exciting to try it out in public, especially in a rather small town with mostly small-minded people. But actually the change for me is not that big, because i used to wear bright (chino) pants anyway along with colorful v-neck shirts, and slippers before I got aware of MV.

And what can I say, many people looked at me, but in a positive way only. The waiter in an italian cafe gave me a compliment for my blazer, and it felt damn cool to have a coffee and a smoke like that in the sun! If you have doubts whether you should wear the style just because nobody else does, I can just say DO IT! But do it with confidence! Your body language tells people immediately whether you feel comfortable, or not. 

Blazer: 100% linen, half-lined, 2btn closure custom-made for me by a Bangkok-based tailor during my last vacations, pants: 100% linen, unlined by Zara-Man, shirt: mint-colored (looks more green than blueish in reality) 3btn Henley by Basefield, shades: Carrera 5512 90

20190304_134005.jpg

20190304_140106.jpg

Edited by squeezem3
  • Like 10

Looking sharp!

It’s still cold and rainy here.  But once the weather changes, it will be back to Vice style with the top down.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

Thanks pal! Stay strong - no matter how depressing it might be outside at the moment, the darkest months passed by, and soon a warm breeze will blow through your linen blazers! ;)

To get this started, down below you can see the exact same outfit I went out for drinks with yesterday evening. It was already dark outside, so I jumped on a season 3 kind of outfit. Havent done my hair when the photo was taken, so there is no head. :D Just like on COOPs old photos! Totally love the combination of the bright yellow with the darker colors! Season 3 wasnt that bad, just different. 

Blazer: 100% cotton, half-lined, 2btn by CINQUE, shirt: regular fit 3btn Henley made of 100% cotton by the brand Basefield, pants: black dress pants made of a cotton/linen blend by ESPRIT

135124.jpg

Season 3 look but Crockett would still wear a jacket like that in 1&2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

What happened to Coop?

You have to be very donjohnesque to wear yourself like Crockett..

Nobody knows. Apparently he just decided to disappear for whatever reason. It's damn sad, of course. He is a true connoisseur and gave me many inspirations. 

I don't know, do you really have to? It's all about the attitude and if you love the style, it doesn't really matter if you have the body, hair, or face of DJ. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

He’s on Facebook and YouTube. He subscribed to my new channel as “David Fox”.

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

What happened to Coop?

You have to be very donjohnesque to wear yourself like Crockett..

How does one be very "donjohnsonesque"? Have a perfect body, tan, and the hair? Well, I have the hair but I'm working on the other two. Also I don't think that's true. Anyone can wear the look, it's every bit functional in the heat as it is fashionable.

11 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

Aaaaand another one!  :) This is the outfit I have worn today on my day off, and I am still wearing right in this moment when typing these lines.

I have to add that I have never worn this style before in my life (except on an 80s party in late november), because I have watched my first episode of MV in october last year right when the weather gone bad. And it obviously demands bigger balls than the season 3 outfit last night. So it was pretty exciting to try it out in public, especially in a rather small town with mostly small-minded people. But actually the change for me is not that big, because i used to wear bright (chino) pants anyway along with colorful v-neck shirts, and slippers before I got aware of MV.

And what can I say, many people looked at me, but in a positive way only. The waiter in an italian cafe gave me a compliment for my blazer, and it felt damn cool to have a coffee and a smoke like that in the sun! If you have doubts whether you should wear the style just because nobody else does, I can just say DO IT! But do it with confidence! Your body language tells people immediately whether you feel comfortable, or not. 

Blazer: 100% linen, half-lined, 2btn closure custom-made for me by a Bangkok-based tailor during my last vacations, pants: 100% linen, unlined by Zara-Man, shirt: mint-colored (looks more green than blueish in reality) 3btn Henley by Basefield, shades: Carrera 5512 90

20190304_134005.jpg

20190304_140106.jpg

I have to admit, you probably get closer to the actual style than many of the people on the forum. I respect the hell out of that. You're like me in that respect: not comprising one minute detail of the look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

@squeezem3 Nice threads, man! You wear it well, as pmconroy said, closer to the actual style than many people on this forum. I guess tailor-made is the way to go these days. :thumbsup:

Difficult to find this kind of stuff in stores, though I've seen linen coming back in style this summer, seen linen blazers, linen pants, etc. But I can't find pastel henley's anymore, and can't find slip ons or espadrilles... At least in Australia that is. One half of the fashion comes back, and the other half goes. :( lol

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Here I go.

20190223_185705.jpg

20190302_173505.jpg

20190127_173534.jpg

20190122_193222.jpg

20190226_183808.jpg

Nice outfits! That white look on picture 3 is beside the Smuggler's Blues combination probably my favorite. But damn, it takes even bigger balls to wear it in public than for any other Vice outfit. Someday I'm gonna try that too! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James said:

@squeezem3 Nice threads, man! You wear it well, as pmconroy said, closer to the actual style than many people on this forum. I guess tailor-made is the way to go these days. :thumbsup:

Difficult to find this kind of stuff in stores, though I've seen linen coming back in style this summer, seen linen blazers, linen pants, etc. But I can't find pastel henley's anymore, and can't find slip ons or espadrilles... At least in Australia that is. One half of the fashion comes back, and the other half goes. :( lol

Thanks pal! No, not necessarily. It takes patience, but you can find all these clothes on ebay, and some sites for vintage clothing. The only exception may be, if you wear an extremely rare size, but otherwise it'll work out. 

I've spent some time in Australia too. There's definitely H&M since a couple of years in the bigger cities, such as Melbourne, Perth etc. They should have pastel shirts, but hurry up, they might switch to the winter collection soon down under ;) If you still struggle with it, just google that brand i got the henleys from. They might ship to Australia and  if not officially, it's probably worth contacting their support for arranging that. I think they were like 15€ each. 

6 hours ago, pmconroy said:

How does one be very "donjohnsonesque"? Have a perfect body, tan, and the hair? Well, I have the hair but I'm working on the other two. Also I don't think that's true. Anyone can wear the look, it's every bit functional in the heat as it is fashionable.

I wont jump into deeper theory here....lol

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, squeezem3 said:

Thanks pal! No, not necessarily. It takes patience, but you can find all these clothes on ebay, and some sites for vintage clothing. The only exception may be, if you wear an extremely rare size, but otherwise it'll work out. 

I've spent some time in Australia too. There's definitely H&M since a couple of years in the bigger cities, such as Melbourne, Perth etc. They should have pastel shirts, but hurry up, they might switch to the winter collection soon down under ;) If you still struggle with it, just google that brand i got the henleys from. They might ship to Australia and  if not officially, it's probably worth contacting their support for arranging that. I think they were like 15€ each. 

Yeah I know of H&M and they come up frequently on this forum, there are a few stores in my city of Melbourne, never been into one though. Being a global store and having very few locations,  I assume that the stock is the same all over the world so they should definitely have good henley's, might even have a good pair of shoes for me. Been wanting to check it out, the most convenient one is at a shopping mall I sometimes visit, however the mall I usually go to doesn't have one surprisingly, since it's one of the biggest in the city.

Plan to go shopping on Thursday to get some clothes and a few watches, so depending on how I'm feeling I might opt to go to the one with H&M (it's a bit further away). Everyone is having sales now to get rid of the summer stock to make way for winter stock, so this week would be my last chance until next summer comes around. 

20 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

135124.jpg

Looking really good!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

20190304_134005.jpg

20190304_140106.jpg

Very smart!  A great look!  I'll need to post some of mine too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

Nice outfits! That white look on picture 3 is beside the Smuggler's Blues combination probably my favorite. But damn, it takes even bigger balls to wear it in public than for any other Vice outfit. Someday I'm gonna try that too! 

12 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Here I go.

20190223_185705.jpg

20190302_173505.jpg

20190127_173534.jpg

20190122_193222.jpg

20190226_183808.jpg

Great outfits, the first one is my favorite. 

• Like 2

I posted these pics in another thread some time ago, but I’ll put them here, too. 

Some season 3 looks I put together :thumbsup:

CB175810-8C50-45BD-B64D-1CD62E4FDA7C.jpeg

0207D3FD-7ACB-4082-95FD-A7B74722DD72.jpeg

• Like 9

9 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Please do. I’m interested to know what you mean by that.

I can, but i wont.

• Haha 1