Your all time favourite Lt. Castillo moments in the show?

Detective_Crockett

As I get older and on my current rewatching of the show, I truly find myself loving Lt. Castillo even more as the show goes on. It's like the meme once said (Childhood is when you idolise Batman, Adulthood is when you understand the Joker). In this case it's childhood is when you idolise Crockett, adulthood is understanding Lt. Castillo. 

Chip in your favourite Castillo staredown/moments in the series: :)

• Like 2

The first one, that comes to mind is the stare he gave in "Definitely Miami" to Joe Dalva with the song "Cry" playing in the background. Although I think, the one he gave Crockett in "Nobody Lives Forever" was more powerful. 

Keep calm and Castillo stare. :cool:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, summer84 said:

The first one, that comes to mind is the stare he gave in "Definitely Miami" to Joe Dalva with the song "Cry" playing in the background. Although I think, the one he gave Crockett in "Nobody Lives Forever" was more powerful. 

Keep calm and Castillo stare. :cool:

Even I felt that stare in Nobody Lives Forever. I think we've all had that once when we've truly screwed up and we are getting the heat from our boss that we deserve. :)

So many. His scene with Dean Stockwell in Bushido. Getting angry with Dale Menton in Golden Triangle. The ending of Heart of Night . The ending of Borrasaca ("I've always tried to do what's right. It's a code I live by"). Telling off Schroder in One Eyed Jacks. So damn many. Such a great character.

• Like 2

When he talked to Sonny in Child's Play about the shooting.  

The bullet left the gun.  It was your gun.  Your finger on the trigger.  You pulled the trigger.  Now, live with the responsibility.  It's gonna scar you, eat you, burn you inside.  And it should.  But you've got work to do that you care about.  People are depending on that.  You've got people who care for you, Sonny, like me.  Don't lose yourself.  Keep on going.

• Like 6

In the gazebo with Morandez when he tells him, “One day I’ll bury you, too.” :cool:

Whatever Works

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I love the humanity he brought to his scene with Dean Stockwell in “Bushido”. Also enjoyed his work in Season 3s “The Savage” aka “Duty and Honor”. Of course “Home Invaders” too.

• Like 2

Okay, this is definitely a subject close to my heart and thank you, Detective_Crockett, for bringing it up!

My favorite Castillo moment is in in the episode One Eyed Jack when Tubbs confronts him and asks him  who's side he is on. The look on Castillo's face is classic Castillo.

(not to mention Crockett's face as he realizes Rico is in big trouble!)

One of my all time favorite Castillo moments! 

*1-ONE EYED JACK don't come up to my face again. copy.jpg

• Like 5

yeah the one eyed jack moment when he's in his office talking to the police police dude is awesome too. 'i've been looking out of his folder, and detective Crockett services are immaculate, and exemplary. You should have started from here...' this is when you know, that with a boss which such professionnalism, it will necessarily give birth to something cool

• Like 1

EJO's performance on this series was always top notch. If any of you haven't done so yet, go and check out EJO's interview that he did a couple of years back with the Television Academy Foundation. This is one of those clips from the interview. His insight into how he crafted his character and how he approached his role on the show is incredible and a must-see for any MV fan. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FerrariCrockett said:

EJO's performance on this series was always top notch. If any of you haven't done so yet, go and check out EJO's interview that he did a couple of years back with the Television Academy Foundation. This is one of those clips from the interview. His insight into how he crafted his character and how he approached his role on the show is incredible and a must-see for any MV fan. 

I never get tired of watching this! Thank you FerrariCrockett for posting this interview!  

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 1:02 AM, mjcmmv said:

I never get tired of watching this! Thank you FerrariCrockett for posting this interview!  

No problem at all! The entire interview is fantastic, but I really enjoy the MV parts the best. His memory on the smaller production details are amazingly clear and fascinating to listen to. 

• Like 2

On 8/6/2019 at 10:29 AM, mjcmmv said:

Okay, this is definitely a subject close to my heart and thank you, Detective_Crockett, for bringing it up!

My favorite Castillo moment is in in the episode One Eyed Jack when Tubbs confronts him and asks him  who's side he is on. The look on Castillo's face is classic Castillo.

(not to mention Crockett's face as he realizes Rico is in big trouble!)

One of my all time favorite Castillo moments! 

*1-ONE EYED JACK don't come up to my face again. copy.jpg

Yeah, that’s the one for me. Had me on the back foot and I was only watching.

• Like 1

For me some of them are:

The Child's Play office meltdown with Crockett.

I forget which ep it was, but after Internal Affairs looks at Crockett he tells Castillo "I need to know what you thought" and he says "It's not what I think it's what I know. i know you're a good cop."

Another big one for me is the return of the transfer paper to Crockett in Deliver Us From Evil. "I thought you might wanna take a look at it."  This is a tremendously emotional moment that often flies over people's heads. Castillo doesn't really reply directly when Sonny asks him about never sending it in. But Castillo's look into the eyes of Sonny (for once) lets him know how much he means to him. That situation is another example of Castillo being patient and playing the long game. He doesn't argue with Sonny initially when he demands a transfer, knowing it won't do much good at the moment. Then he lets him know it was Hackman's bullet that killed his wife and waits for Sonny to come around eventually.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bren10 said:

I forget which ep it was, but after Internal Affairs looks at Crockett he tells Castillo "I need to know what you thought" and he says "It's not what I think it's what I know. i know you're a good cop."

Pretty sure that was Payback. :cool:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

it's funny because to be honest when i was a kid i hated Castillo. i found his dark, and taciturn behavior stupid, and ridiculous. but as an adult i'm loving that character more, and more each time i watch the series. to the point that i must admit, i'm now a big fan of the character. Castillo is Chuck Norris father, definitely. you can't argue, you can't move, no matter what you do, he'll own you in the end :) :)

also news are telling that a Battlestar galactica reboot is planned. but couldn't find much info about this, at this point

Edited by jpaul1

One of them would be the moment at the end of "Bushido" when is holding the samurai sword. Its fascinating that he felt unperturbed about his imminent death.

See the source image

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...