Can you name the episode from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

I think Mann knows he can't realistically always control things like that. How do you prevent red tailights and stoplights? Or Lucky Strikes logos which Sonny smokes? The point is to keep it to a minimum and respect his palette and atmosphere production-wise. He will in fact utilize red but selectively and under certain conditions. He can be seen planning for this on the MV2006 dvd extras. One of the first colors we see in the pilot with Tubbs and Calderone in the club is red. In fact, we're immersed in it. But symbolically there's a reason for it in that scene.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bren10 said:

I think Mann knows he can't realistically always control things like that. How do you prevent red tailights and stoplights? Or Lucky Strikes logos which Sonny smokes? The point is to keep it to a minimum and respect his palette and atmosphere production-wise. He will in fact utilize red but selectively and under certain conditions. He can be seen planning for this on the MV2006 dvd extras. One of the first colors we see in the pilot with Tubbs and Calderone in the club is red. In fact, we're immersed in it. But symbolically there's a reason for it in that scene.

Very true. Even in Season 1’s “Home Invaders” I remember seeing a bright red Pontiac Fiero in the salon parking lot (one of my favorite cars). Also, in “No Exit” the car Rita Amato rides in is dark red/maroon-ish.

Also, can’t forget about Sonny’s little red helicopter!

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bren10 said:

The Fiero was like somebody cut a Camaro in half. My step father used to have one. A true deathtrap.

There’s a white one in my town. This lady drives it everyday! Kind of amazing given the age of the car!

• Like 3

Aw man, I love em. There’s something about them I’ve always liked. I really like the design and small two-seat size. Just a very attractive car to me. I’ll be honest, first things first on a car is how it looks to me. That’s also why I like the XJ Cherokee (1984-2001), it’s a very cool and simple design.

I’ve heard at the beginning they were prone to engine fires, but after a recall that was supposed to be fixed. My friend’s dad said that was mainly from people speeding or being tough on the engine. It’s really not a fast sports car, just looks that way. There are still a lot around and only made from 1984-1988. I see a few locally, but only in the summer (good to keep them out of the snowy, icy winters). There is a pristine-looking one that’s yellow. Very nice looking in that color!

But with all that mind, my number one dream car is still a 1957 Corvette. Whopper price difference! :hot:I would take any C1 Corvette (1953-1962). Fiero is number two. Preferably one of the standard models with the sharper front end. The GT’s had more rounded front.

Edited by AndrewRemington

4 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

Haha! Can I get bonus points for saying that shot is from “Lost Madonna”? :)

5 pts :)

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb RedDragon86:

It is, Jorgenson's gorgeous home.

I wonder did we see this luxury home again in another episode? @Tom @Matt5

No, not prominently. But it was used as an establishing shot in Freefall.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

It is, Jorgenson's gorgeous home.

I wonder did we see this luxury home again in another episode? @Tom @Matt5

Yes, it is a gorgeous home! It’s hard to forget!

vor 4 Minuten schrieb AndrewRemington:

Yes, it is a gorgeous home! It’s hard to forget!

but was torn down by the new owners a few years ago. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

but was torn down by the new owners a few years ago. 

:o;( That is horrible! Now I think I remember reading about that on here (you may have posted it).

vor 10 Minuten schrieb AndrewRemington:

:o;( That is horrible! Now I think I remember reading about that on here (you may have posted it).

short story is that the preservation commission fought against the owners´ demolition permission in court but could not prevent it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/16/us/miami-beach-preservationists-push-to-protect-home.html

https://miami.curbed.com/maps/star-island-is-a-tiny-neighborhood-of-massive-houses-drama

Edited by Tom
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

So you buy a home for 7.6 million and then tear it down to build another bigger one? That’s when you know you have way too much money. :o

• Sad 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb timm525:

So you buy a home for 7.6 million and then tear it down to build another bigger one? That’s when you know you have way too much money. :o

beauty surgeon, what should I tell ya....rich and bored :thumbsdown:

vor 2 Minuten schrieb AndrewRemington:

I feel sick to my stomach about this. ;(

the only higher stage of bozo time possible is when they tore down the Senator hotel in 1988 to replace it with a parking lot(!).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

Lots of money in all those fake boobs. :)

Reminds of the days of watching Nip Tuck. Great show in my opinion. 

D0C930FE-6214-4874-B438-B84CEEF088D7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tom said:

the only higher stage of bozo time possible is when they tore down the Senator hotel in 1988 to replace it with a parking lot(!).

Yep.  And the Fountainbleu mural.

• Like 2

Agree losing the Little Prince House was awful.  For those who want to reminisce about this great place check the 1981 movie Nobody’s Perfekt (correct spelling of movie title), with Gabe Kaplan and Alex Karras.  (cheap DVD)  It has great inside and outside views of the mansion.  Not a good movie IMO but great pre- Vice views including one other Vice filming spot.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Thanks 1