Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think he is a replicate because of the glowing eyes.

See the source image

That was one of the clues that he is a replicant.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think he is a replicate because of the glowing eyes.

See the source image

Hmm.. interesting, and Gaff leaves the unicorn origami figure at the end.

I just think Deckard vs Roy Batty makes more thematic sense if one's human and one's android.

1 minute ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Hmm.. interesting, and Gaff leaves the unicorn origami figure at the end.

I just think Deckard vs Roy Batty makes more thematic sense if one's human and one's android.

Actually I forgotten about something important that doesn't add up with him being an android is the beating he took from Batty, isn't one of their main attributes is that they are extremely strong?

• timm525 pinned this topic
  • Administrators

Yes, but I suppose some could have been programmed for different options. Daryl Hannah's character was a sex model so I'm sure she wasn't as strong as the big guy that lifted the containers all day long. Been too long and I'm forgetting their names. Guess that means its time to re-watch it.

I never believed he was a replicant myself and never put together the origami at the end left for him until Ferrariman pointed that out on here one day.

If he was, perhaps he was programmed to find his own and that was his special skill? But I suspected he was human. Especially when Batty broke his fingers. I don't think a replicant would have minded as much as a human. I know I sure as hell would have minded if it was my fingers! :o

• Like 1

• Administrators

This has been a topic of debate forever.  Ridley Scott, the director, says yes Deckard is indeed a replicant. I read the book about a hundred years ago and don't remember if it was ever revealed one way or the other. Only the director's final cut of the film shows Deckard dreaming about a unicorn. That added sequence,  plus Gaf leaving the origami unicorn at the end shows that Gaf knows Deckard's dreams (implants) and pretty much confirms him being a replicant.   Without the unicorn dream, we're not so sure. I personally prefer Deckard being human.

Now I'll throw another wrench into the works.  If Deckard is a replicant how is he still alive 30 years later in 2049?  Don't they have a 4 year life span? I guess Blade Runners were special.

As much as I love talking about this movie, just a reminder that we do have a Blade Runner thread and I suggest we don't hijack this topic any longer. We can continue here:

https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/905-blade-runner/&tab=comments#comment-905

• Like 2

• Administrators

No sorry.   Don't know if you noticed but that's the late John Ritter in the car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

No sorry.   Don't know if you noticed but that's the late John Ritter in the car.

Lou - great  actor John Ritter.

Bringing Out the Dead?

Coincidentally I rented it on amazon prime the other day, haven't got around to watching it yet :D

Edited by Vincent Hanna
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Bringing Out the Dead?

Coincidentally I rented it on amazon prime the other day, haven't got around to watching it yet :D

Correct!