UK/EU Vice style purchase thread

Lit Up

There's lots of great recommendations in this forum - but they're coming from Macy's and a whole load of other brands which don't exist in the UK. This is a little disappointing for those of us who don't want to pay double to include international shipping and import duties, or can't walk into a store and try a product on.

For the dedicated UK or EU based Crockett, what are we buying - both new and vintage? 

Let's list: 

High street offerings (department stores, etc)

Independent/bespoke (when off the peg won't cut it)

auction items (keyword hints, defunct labels, historical brands)

vintage shops with good stock 

any other tips for finding what we want on our side of the pond. 
  • Like 2

I find that when looking on eBay it helps to search using European sizing i.e. “Armani 56 jacket” as quite often people list the size they read on the label without realising that this doesn’t really translate in the UK. I’ve picked up quite a few bargains that way.

• Like 1

Nice! I'm wondering what the UK high street brands were in the 80s that would have done Vice style stuff. Although I doubt high street quality was that good back in the 80s. "St Michael" gives you Marks and Spencers, although they never had a fashionable reputation so only full of "earth tones". Topman? 

• Like 1

Ebay has always been my best source for clothes (Though I'll admit I did get a sweet Blazer with the right look and actually in my size at...Macy's, lol). Someone here mentioned Poshmark.com and I've bought a few things there that I love (mostly shoes). I've got plenty more on sitting on when weather permits.

On 7/6/2020 at 6:44 PM, nissart06100 said:

I am a French guy , I have bought this blazer, do you have any tips for making a Vice look with that. 

FCDFE210-1877-46A4-84A3-88EFE42D5441.png

Very nice. IMO, with a gray jacket in that shade, you can pretty much rock any Sonny look from each season. Want a season 1-2 look? put on a light blue or green pastel tee with white pants and shoes (granted that's more of a season 3 look). Season 3, go for a dark shade of purple, blue or green (or maybe a medium yellow shade) tee, dark gray pants to match, along with the same shade shoes. Season 4, maybe a gray tee with white pants and gray shoes. And for season 5, heck any color/shade tee with blue jeans and cowboy boots.

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2020 at 6:23 PM, Lit Up said:

This might work, what do you think? Or too Japanese? Not sure I want Tokyo Vice lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Cotton-Linen-Striped-Jacket-Hanfu-Cardigan-Kimono-Vintage-Style-Summer-D/274376968584?hash=item3fe2244988:g:TdUAAOSw1wxevf4~

Anyone gonna try it? @IA-SteveB what do you think?

s-l1600.jpg

I kind of like that except the rings for the ties..  The loose fit is nice.  I am so tired of all of the slim fit stuff out there.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1

Some say eBay & Macy's
I say Vinted and H&M

H&M has great linen blazers but they all have a polyester lining as far as I know
Vinted is some kind of eBay but mostly for clothes and mainly in France/Spain and Netherlands, where I found the best white linen pants I could find on the internet

On 8/23/2020 at 3:18 PM, MichaelAce said:

the best white linen pants I could find on the internet

If you could tell us the brand name that would be amazing :)

On 8/27/2020 at 3:16 AM, Lit Up said:

If you could tell us the brand name that would be amazing :)

It's a french brand called "Les 3 Suisses" as you can see on this post:

I'm not sure they do it anymore but there are other good brands on Vinted if you search long enough

Edited by MichaelAce

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Lit Up said:

I thought the colour of this t-shirt would look great with a white blazer. The model doesn't look like a vice fan though lol

https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/men-uniqlo-u-crew-neck-short-sleeved-t-shirt-433028COL70SMA004000.html

goods_70_433028.jpg?width=2000

I am still trying to find the perfect shade of lavender t-shirt to got with my white blazers. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Updating this thread with some more UK potential options.

These chinos are made with an older period in mind but I think the colour looks quite Vicey and might work with a tshirt/white jacket and espadrilles. Not linen though.

simon_james_cathcart_sjc_jade_king_cole_

https://simonjamescathcart.com/collections/chinos/products/jade-king-cole-trousers

These are polyester bowling trousers so might not work. But might! 

mw-trw_a.jpg

https://worthingbowlscentre.co.uk/product/emsmorn-mens-bowls-trousers/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For the pastel t shirts. Honestly I'd go with Primark (Don't all choke at once :) ) definitely H&M. Everything from there is pretty Vicey. And as for some blazers, UNIQLO is very good. I have bought some very Season 3 style jackets there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, IA-SteveB said:

If you like pastel shirts that fit great, check out freshcleantees.com  They have a nice summer essentials pack.

Unfortunately that's another American website - the clothes would cost twice as much with postage. This is the UK/EU thread so we can get stuff without having to import from America all the time :sick:

• 1 month later...