MIAMI VICE NEW SERIES 2021

S0NNY

Did you guys know they are making new Miami Vice series with original actors? This is a fan made trailer, but NBC confirmed it will be releasing new Miami Vice series. And i like the new Crockett theme, this guy should be allowed to contribute to the series music  . What do you think?

Edited by S0NNY
  • Like 2

The fan-made teaser/trailers are pretty amazing! But, from what I understand they’re not “real”. It would be superb if they were!! But, the “new” MV series idea was a “reboot” (not a revival like these trailers are) with all new people & different show ideas that was considered/talked about around 4-5 years ago. But, I haven’t heard anything from NBC or about it in a long time!  

that's what i thought at first. but there seems to be an official NBC peacock advertisement featuring the hint to it... or is this fake too?   

Edited by S0NNY

3 minutes ago, S0NNY said:

that's what i thought at first. but there seems to be an officials NBC peacock advertisement featuring the hint to it... or is this fake too?   

I’m not completely sure...it seems the person making these trailers has gone out of their way to make them seem as “official” as possible...but I don’t think they actually are. However, I would love to be proven wrong! :dance2: 

• Like 1

They are 100% percent fan made and not official, I can assure you. 

They are very good and entertaining. Very impressive, and meant to look as authentic as possible  

Some of us around here go to great lengths in this department. :p

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

They are 100% percent fan made and not official, I can assure you. 

They are very good and entertaining. Very impressive, and meant to look as authentic as possible  

Some of us around here go to great lengths in this department. 

So the music is from you, Dadrian?

• Haha 1

Guys, please calm down :funky:

This series of videos is just a very clever fan made wishful thinking version of a new series. 

P.S. although I am a huge fan I do not believe that a new series NOW would work (all the "old" actors are 70+, .....)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Glades said:

So the music is from you, Dadrian?

Not for these. I did the music for that “Retro Dade” guy on YouTube. :p

5 hours ago, Tom said:

No one’s upset...nothing to calm down. :funky:

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Not for these. I did the music for that “Retro Dade” guy on YouTube. :p

Whoever did these new videos did an amazing job...music and all!

However, I think most of us know they’re not real ;) & a revival/reunion of some kind is not going to happen. Sadly, it’s been too long. One should have been done in the mid 90s to early 2000s. I just don’t want a reboot of some kind to happen, and mess everything up. MV just needs to be left alone.

• Like 3

vor einer Stunde schrieb ViceFanMan:

However, I think most of us know they’re not real ;) & a revival/reunion of some kind is not going to happen. Sadly, it’s been too long. One should have been done in the mid 90s to early 2000s. I just don’t want a reboot of some kind to happen, and mess everything up. MV just needs to be left alone.

I agree. They simply missed all opportunities. If they started now (most likely with uncharismatic actors), I would rather be embarrassing than doing any good.

BTW: do you think that Magnum and Hawaii 5-0 were good reboots? (Not that would VICE compare directly as it was more of a zeitgeist program) I think the latter was, the other is very bad IMHO.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

I agree. They simply missed all opportunities. If they started now (most likely with uncharismatic actors), I would rather be embarrassing than doing any good.

BTW: do you think that Magnum and Hawaii 5-0 were good reboots? (Not that would VICE compare directly as it was more of a zeitgeist program) I think the latter was, the other is very bad IMHO.

I actually did like the “5-0” reboot...which is odd for me, as although it was basically before my time (I was alive the last few years it was on) I’m a huge fan of the Jack Lord original! But, I did like the new show, too. The characters were very relatable and there some ties to the original show. I don’t know...I guess one of those rare instances where a reboot or re-envision worked.  

I agree the new “Magnum” reboot is bad :thumbsdown:...I grew up with the original with Tom Selleck (along with MV), and they were two of my favorite shows. Some things just need to be left alone & you can’t “redo”...MV and Magnum are definitely two. “MacGyver” is another bad reboot and should have been left alone. 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb ViceFanMan:

I actually did like the “5-0” reboot...which is odd for me, as although it was basically before my time (I was alive the last few years it was on) I’m a huge fan of the Jack Lord original! But, I did like the new show, too. The characters were very relatable and there some ties to the original show. I don’t know...I guess one of those rare instances where a reboot or re-envision worked.  

I agree the new “Magnum” reboot is bad :thumbsdown:...I grew up with the original with Tom Selleck (along with MV), and they were two of my favorite shows. Some things just need to be left alone & you can’t “redo”...MV and Magnum are definitely two. 

I think in both cases "chemistry" is the magic word. There was certainly chemistry in the new HW5-0 reboot. The original Magnum was (for me) mainly that good because there was huge chemistry between Magnum, Higgins, TC&Rick. The actors and their roles just were one, as were with DJ and PMT later in MV. The new Magnum reboot has NO chemistry at all IMHO. And I am not talking about 1:1 copying Higgins or Magnum, because that´s not possible anyway with different actors, but a reboot should always try to catch at least the vibes of the orginal (that´s also why the MV movie was so bad). But there is NO chemistry at all with the new Magnum. Jay Fernandez has no charisma and Tom Selleck was just the opposite.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think in both cases "chemistry" is the magic word. There was certainly chemistry in the new HW5-0 reboot. The original Magnum was (for me) mainly that good because there was huge chemistry between Magnum, Higgins, TC&Rick. The actors and their roles just were one, as were with DJ and PMT later in MV. The new Magnum reboot has NO chemistry at all IMHO. And I am not talking about 1:1 copying Higgins or Magnum, because that´s not possible anyway with different actors, but a reboot should always try to catch at least the vibes of the orginal (that´s also why the MV movie was so bad). But there is NO chemistry at all with the new Magnum. Jay Fernandez has no charisma and Tom Selleck was just the opposite.

Agreed! The chemistry with the original Magnum characters was amazing...and Tom Selleck had that with Roger Mosley (T.C.) and Larry Manetti (Rick) in real life too. 

It’s my understanding that all those clips are from other movies/shows that starred original cast members. Mix in some cool current shots of Miami, and some modern instrumental versions of the music and voila. 

I have been wrong before :) 

Can anyone else confirm on the reused footage?

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

It’s my understanding that all those clips are from other movies/shows that starred original cast members. Mix in some cool current shots of Miami, and some modern instrumental versions of the music and voila. 

I have been wrong before :) 

Can anyone else confirm on the reused footage?

I thought that's what it consisted of too.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:37 AM, Tom said:

This series of videos is just a very clever fan made wishful thinking version of a new series. 

P.S. although I am a huge fan I do not believe that a new series NOW would work (all the "old" actors are 70+, .....)

I agree but funnily enough today was wondering who  (if anybody) COULD manage to be another "Sonny".

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="11220870" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.3174603174603174"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/shit-worf-star-trek-gif-11220870">Shit Worf GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/shit-gifs">Shit GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Given the lyrics and the number of times the sh*t word is used, it looks like a cursing IT programmer....:p

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

Given the lyrics and the number of times the sh*t word is used, it looks like a cursing IT programmer....:p

I was having technical difficulties :) 

“I can see doze spider planes...I can see doze spider planes...” :p

ps- look at it again

Edited by Dadrian

Also, the whole time (30 seconds) I was fixing it, I knew @Tomwould quote one of the erroneous posts with such a comment. :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Haha 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Also, the whole time I was fixing it, I knew @Tomwould quote one of the erroneous posts with such a comment. :) 

Sorry, Dadrian, did not want to be a stickler, but as I am in IT, but never have seen such "sh*t" remarks in code, I thought you have turned to a spy and wanted to relay secret messages...:funky:

I especially liked the term "search/sh*t gifs", I have to remember that and tell my programmers, as I haven´t found that on google ....:)

Edited by Tom
  • Haha 2