A big contrast to Miami, the reality for Hungary in 1988

Kalci

Hi everyone I just thought I will share this piece with you here.

I very much like the VIBE of this 80s Hungarian Song and real footages of Budapest shot in 1988.

This was the reality here back then in one of the most advanced places within' the Soviet Union.

Hope you gonna like it :)

Car : Lada, the shape can be familiar to those familiar with the 1960s italian cars because the Soviets basically purchased the Fiat 124(1966-1974) platform and started to build their own cars  from that. So they didn't have to start designing something from zero.

This particular one in the video has something of a modified front bumper or a lip added to it so it looked big business at the time I guess :D

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 6

• Kalci changed the title to A big contrast to Miami, the reality for Hungary in 1988
On 5/11/2023 at 6:15 PM, Kalci said:

I very much like the VIBE of this 80s Hungarian Song and real footages of Budapest shot in 1988.

This was the reality here back then in one of the most advanced places within' the Soviet Union.

Car : Lada, the shape can be familiar to those familiar with the 1960s italian cars because the Soviets basically purchased the Fiat 124(1966-1974) platform and started to build their own cars  from that. So they didn't have to start designing something from zero.

This particular one in the video has something of a modified front bumper or a lip added to it so it looked big business at the time I guess :D

Very interesting seeing Europe, thank you.

• Like 3

Interesting to see that some of the filmmaking techniques/styles used in MV were also being used in the Soviet Union at the time.

I wonder if this was a sign of MV influence, or a broader pop cultural trend.  Guess it could have had elements of both!

On 5/11/2023 at 7:15 PM, Kalci said:

Interesting video, thanks for sharing @Kalci!

Budapest is a beautiful city, I've been there several times. Love your lángos and hungarian girls. :D

• Like 1

My grandfather worked in the Spanish Embassy in Austria back in the 50s. He told us the story of the Hungarian Revolt: they could hear the Soviet artillery fire across the frontier. At first everyone thought 'the Russians are coming' and started packing suitcases  like crazy, just in case they had to leave in a hurry. 

Crazy times.

Edited by johnnyfarragut
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...