Guns that could have been on Vice

Robbie C.

Since everyone loves to speculate, and we haven't talked about hardware lately, what guns do you think could or should have appeared on Miami Vice? We all know Michael Mann has a 'thing' for the latest and greatest (which is why the Glock appeared on Vice, and maybe why the AutoMag had a cameo as well), but he didn't get everything. I know personally I wouldn't have minded seeing a Styer GB raise its head (granted it was first designed in the late 1960s, but it made a bit of a comeback in 1980 or so as the GB80 and has both a unique look and operating system).

We see a number of Detonics pistols throughout the series, but I was always surprised something from Safari Arms never showed up. They're pretty striking pistols. I've got one made by the original company and one made by Olympic after they bought them out. I have to say the finish on both is really good, but the original MS Safari Arms (the top one) is superior in a number of ways.

image.thumb.jpeg.d59beb4376897a6f9a26f783f9470f4d.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jeff_Cooper said:

Did CZ 85 ever show up? Or even the classic 75?

-J

I don't believe they're shown on IMFDB at all. But yeah...it is missing the CZ75. Given the number of Russians and such that wandered by, I was also surprised we never saw a Makarov or even a Tokarev. No AKs, and even though the Galil shows up more than once we never see an FN-FAL, which to me is a pretty sleek rifle. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Gary, that one has been on the bucket list for a long time. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Tubbs should’ve broken this one out for the last shootout in “Freefall”. :) 

IMG_7410.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Tubbs should’ve broken this one out for the last shootout in “Freefall”. :) 

IMG_7410.jpeg

2ufhwNgM3qHKGxq8wdcWAiFpcm29FF1vQ7VZHkTuxDWpeRA2JBiXSRUDv2SiqmhCwiqhLXSeZ?format=match&mode=fit

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robbie C. said:

Naw...Castillo. He always had the biggest guns...

His 586 got me interested in modern on wheel guns. Suddenly revo was cool again

-J

16 hours ago, Gary1911A1 said:

I don't remember a HK P7 being in the series. It was an interesting design with the squeeze cocker.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_P7

According to IMFDB there were a couple in Stone's War (season 3), and then once or twice later in the series. And as an aside, the top Safari Arms has a squeeze cocker conversion...the Double Ace system. It's an interesting piece of gear, though it does make the profile a bit wider than normal.

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Like 1