Gas Monkey Garage SEMA 2023 Testarossa EV

daytona365

The Gas Monkey guys bought five red Testarossa's that were used and abused in the filming of the 2021 Mark Wahlberg movie "Infinite". So far, they have turned one of the cars into this for SEMA last year: 

Gas Monkey's Testa - A Ferrari Testarossa Goes Silent - Motortopia -  EVERYTHING Automotive!

Gas Monkey's Testa - A Ferrari Testarossa Goes Silent - Motortopia -  EVERYTHING Automotive!

https://www.thesupercarblog.com/sema-2023-ferrari-testarossa-ev-is-an-oddly-wonderful-restomod/

There are also videos on youtube about the conversion process. Pretty elaborate I must say. 

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, daytona365 said:

The Gas Monkey guys bought five red Testarossa's that were used and abused in the filming of the 2021 Mark Whalberg movie "Infinite". So far, they have turned one of the cars into this for SEMA last year: 

https://www.thesupercarblog.com/sema-2023-ferrari-testarossa-ev-is-an-oddly-wonderful-restomod/

There are also videos on youtube about the conversion process. Pretty elaborate I must say. 

interesting there is no question about that. You can call me purists (although I don't consider myself one) but I don't like it this way, for me the original shape and 2seat cabin is much more adorable. This cabin is a Mclaren F1 wannabe type of idea. Also the flat V12 is gone. So for me it is a big NOPE.

But thanks for sharing, at least I know about this project.

Below some more shots with the exterior lights on.

Definitely a unique look, but a shame that they didn't spend as much time on the interior!

Custom electric Ferrari Testarossa roadster unveiled in the US

Custom electric Ferrari Testarossa roadster unveiled in the US

Gas Monkey présente une Ferrari Testarossa électrique | Moniteur Automobile

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

this car originally was a right-hand drive version, that's likely why they decided to move the steering column and pedals to the middle. Seems to be simpler than a full conversion. @Kalci From a purist POV I understand you could see this as a disfigurement of a classic sports car, however keep in mind these cars - except for the 'hero car', which is towing another TR below - were in a rather dire state, carved out, banged up, been jumped, crashed, had bullet holes, engines and drive train removed etc. One of them even had its steering column and driver seat mounted backwards for fast reverse driving! So these cars were actually wasted already for the filming of an IMO rather dull movie, and whether you dig the result or not, Gas Monkey has brought at least this one back to some state of life. And the metal work they did is quite impressive.

Not for the faint of heart:

Screenshot-2023-08-19-at-22_00_11.thumb.jpg.c8de783b86b11adde4a9c6cf166b4524.jpg

a-ferrari-testarossa-unlike-anything-else-new-gas-monkey-v0-yz4248hv5vrb1.thumb.webp.c4414b16b1bf736d005e82f43f19665c.webp

a-ferrari-testarossa-unlike-anything-else-new-gas-monkey-v0-veeyzxvv5vrb1.thumb.webp.171aab55c30e0e14f3ab4e23718cbaf5.webp

F8QB6VIXAAA1ItG.thumb.jpg.4bbd126a335bde5c10de7392b56522fd.jpg

6567501bcf49e.thumb.jpg.15c105ed937071f41a2781b8250bfd9a.jpg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 4