RARE!! FERRARI DAYTONA INFO! (McBURNIE COACHCRAFT REPLICA)

COOPER&BURNETT

1 hour ago, ZAQ 178 said:

I really enjoyed the step by step McBurnie build up. Very cool! 

Thank you for posting this stuff!!

I actually have the complete McBurnie assembly manual that I purchased on Ebay some years back. 

• Like 3

Now that is something I’d love to thumb through lol.

I’m into building things. I built my 1988 4 cylinder Mustang into an exact Saleen replica which I’ve now owned 20 years!

That's pretty impressive about your rebuild. If you are interested in something specific I can look for this manual and see what I can find.

And the photos I highlighted are making me wonder if that could be my car, well before I bought it. I can't see the interior due to the board covering and I did notice the headlights are single beam vs dual lens housings like mine.  But it did appear to have the drop down headlight covers as mine also has. Those wheels and spinners are unique from all the Daytonas I've seen, and so this has peaked my interest. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Keep on it to find out if it’s yours. That would be cool to know!

I'm afraid I'm stuck as there are no references in here or on the photo-hosting site about where or when these photos were originally taken.I bought my car in 2010. I do know the previous owners had it at a Houston Car show either earlier in 2010 or 2009 as I have photos from that show. 

I can say this is the first time I've seen my angled wheel spinners with the gold/yellow logo elsewhere, and the tail pipe location matches, as does the McBurnie grill and the dropdown headlight covers. It appears to be a McB car body, and the only differences I've spotted are the missing mirrors, the single lens headlights, and the location of the chrome prancing horse. The interior would have helped but it was covered by a board or something here. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1