Where did Tubbs live?

sunnyburnett

Where did Tubbs live? Did we ever see his place of residents? When Valerie was in town and Crockett called to give them the bad news was that his place? What the Caddy Tubbs or was it part of his cover like Crockett’s car? First time here..... Peace

For the longest time I thought we never got a glimpse of Tubbs' pad. While I don't remember if that was his place when Sonny called, I know we get a quick peak at what is supposedly his residence in "Amen...Send Money".As for the Caddy, I always thought it was his, but someone else would know better than me.

• Administrators

Yes we saw Tubbs' place very briefly in "Amen...Send Money" when Fay Nel called him on the phone. The Ferraris were always referred to as part of Sonny's cover and department owned but the Caddy never was so I always assumed it was Rico's personal vehicle.

• Administrators

Tubbs pad was supposedly in Amen Send Money when he gets the phone call.When he was with Val, I always thought that was her hotel room.I assumed the Caddy was his cover car. It fit his style and he was almost always with Sonny for drug deals.Welcome to the board!

I never really thought about TUBBS' car. I just guessed it was an undercover car. But now that I think about it, I think it's his personal car. Crockett's personal car was a stationwagon when he was married!I think all the characters have personal vehicles except The FERRRARI and the Bug Van.

• Administrators

Yup, the station wagon was only seen once in "Hit List" Before that (in a flashback) we saw Sonny driving a Porsche (probably bought from his then brother-in-law)

• Administrators

I thought the Porche was an undercover car from his earlier cover days working Hackman with Franko. :confused:

I thought the Porche was an undercover car from his earlier cover days working Hackman with Franko. :confused:

I think the Porche would be an undercover car for his cover. At his salary (and even earlier than the vice time line), I don't think he could afford such a lavish car. It would be a "tough nut to crack" with what he would earn. Also, not a smart choice for a guy who was quoted as saying when he and Caroline got married, he was so broke he had to get a plain gold band.

I never really thought about TUBBS' car. I just guessed it was an undercover car. But now that I think about it' date=' I think it's his personal car. Crockett's personal car was a stationwagon when he was married!I think all the characters have personal vehicles except The FERRRARI and the Bug Van.[/quote']Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildI would like to know who pays for the damage that the caddy gets when he got shot at, and when cars hit his car(or he hits them) when trying to force a car off the road during a chase!!???

I think the Porche would be an undercover car for his cover. At his salary (and even earlier than the vice time line)' date=' I don't think he could afford such a lavish car. It would be a "tough nut to crack" with what he would earn. Also, not a smart choice for a guy who was quoted as saying when he and Caroline got married, he was so broke he had to get a plain gold band.[/quote']Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

If he was using it on "official business", I would think the city would pay for it. But man, I'd hate to see him explain the damage to HIS insurance agent! :eek:

There was a picture , I think , of Tubbs place in the Cooper & Burnett's Scrapbook Section(behind the scenes photos) of the site in a deleted scene shot with Tubbs in his dressing gown answering the door to Crockett and Ira Stone from "Stones War" - unless it was a hotel room.:)

• Like 1

There was a picture ' date=' I think , of Tubbs place in the Cooper & Burnett's Scrapbook Section(behind the scenes photos) of the site in a deleted scene shot with Tubbs in his dressing gown answering the door to Crockett and Ira Stone from "Stones War" - unless it was a hotel room.:)[/quote']That's the thing. Nobody really knows.

• Administrators

I don't think Tubbs had a place of his own. He seemed to either be at a girl's place or hotel room. :D

I forgot about the station wagon. I may have to watch that tonight so I can see lightning Jim in action again.Guess driving that would be as cool as a minivan today!

I also think that the Caddy was Rico´s personal car, but I also thought that Val was with Rico in his apartment and not in the hotel room. Unfortunately, nobody ever told us where Rico was living.

All the cars would be government property, since the government assumes the liability of the operater and the operations.With that being said, Hollywood has always seen fit to blur that line between ownership and official use (think of Danny Glover driving the family car in the Lethal Weapon series). But, the scene in Bad Boys II where Will Smith tries to get reimbursed is the way it would really work.Damages to your car would be on the YOYO principal (Your on your own). And if you damage someone elses car while on duty and you are driving your own car, plan to live in a box once the litigation is over.And all the Undercover cars used by the various characters were pretty realistic for the time (excepting the Ferraris), The best is the ragged out car Gina and Trudy are in in HIT LIST.

All the cars would be government property' date=' since the government assumes the liability of the operater and the operations.With that being said, Hollywood has always seen fit to blur that line between ownership and official use (think of Danny Glover driving the family car in the Lethal Weapon series). But, the scene in Bad Boys II where Will Smith tries to get reimbursed is the way it would really work.Damages to your car would be on the YOYO principal (Your on your own). And if you damage someone elses car while on duty and you are driving your own car, plan to live in a box once the litigation is over.And all the Undercover cars used by the various characters were pretty realistic for the time (excepting the Ferraris), The best is the ragged out car Gina and Trudy are in in HIT LIST.[/quote']Nobody thought of this!This is yet ANOTHER reason we're so thrilled to have you here!You know stuff we couldn't possibly know.I LOOOOVE YOOOOU MAAAAAN!! :clap::thumbsup: