Episode #7 "No Exit"

Ferrariman

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

Has this been answered before?:

When Tony’s goons give Dupas (Tubbs) the stinger demonstration, Tony says “here she comes”, and they fire the missile. 

What exactly was “she”? 

(not trivia—I literally do not know)

I´m sure the question was asked before, but not answered, because it isn´t shown what he meant with "she". When I remember right someone was feared that "she" could be a plane or something like that. But there were no evidences for this.

^

Isn't that just an expression? Waiting for the bus 'here she comes'? Letting someone they are taking the shot 'here she comes'? etc.

Granted, I'm not a natural English speaker but I've always just thought it as a common expression 

-J

42 minutes ago, Christine said:

I´m sure the question was asked before, but not answered, because it isn´t shown what he meant with "she". When I remember right someone was feared that "she" could be a plane or something like that. But there were no evidences for this.

But Tubbs wouldn’t shoot a plane down, right? Unless it was a drone or something with nobody aboard.  ?(

28 minutes ago, Jeff_Cooper said:

^

Isn't that just an expression? Waiting for the bus 'here she comes'? Letting someone they are taking the shot 'here she comes'? etc.

Granted, I'm not a natural English speaker but I've always just thought it as a common expression 

-J

Thanks, but I realize he didn’t mean a person, hence my question “what was she”, not “who was she”. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

But Tubbs wouldn’t shoot a plane down, right? Unless it was a drone or something with nobody aboard.  ?(

Thanks, but I realize he didn’t mean a person, hence my question “what was she”, not “who was she”. :thumbsup:

Have wondered the same myself.

• Like 1

Almost makes you wonder if there was a scene cut that originally showed what was being shot down...maybe Tony purposely set up some kind of drone or remote control device to fly over so he could shoot it down? Or maybe it was just a figure of speech...the “she” being the missile itself. I’ve always kind of wondered myself about that scene...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

...maybe Tony purposely set up some kind of drone or remote control device to fly over so he could shoot it down?

This has always been my assumption, as Tony says the demonstration is costing him dearly. 

What say ye @Tom?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

This has always been my assumption, as Tony says the demonstration is costing him dearly. 

This is true...that comment basically says he’s set up something for a demonstration. However, if something wasn’t shot down & it was just the firing of the missile as the demo...I still wonder where/what the missile ended up hitting? ?( Lol! 

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

What say ye @Tom?

That was my understanding as well.

Tubbs as a cop never could have shot himself at a plane or tolerate somebody else do that.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

That was my understanding as well.

Tubbs as a cop never could have shot himself at a plane or tolerate somebody else do that.

You're right I'm sure. Don't think they had drones as such then though, must have other remote control thing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

that comment basically says he’s set up something for a demonstration.

When I thought of that, I concluded he could have been talking about just the missile itself, and/or paying the goons to show up and instruct. 

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb wolfie1996:

You're right I'm sure. Don't think they had drones as such then though, must have other remote control thing.

We think too complicated.

They just needed to shoot something up from a distance that is cheap, easy to use and that creates heat a stinger missile can hook up to. A simple flare gun Signal would be enough to make a good stinger target.

A remote control device in 84 was not easy to navigate that high up in the air, let alone that Amato would have avoided any unnecessary cost for that demonstration. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dadrian said:

When I thought of that, I concluded he could have been talking about just the missile itself, and/or paying the goons to show up and instruct. 

I just question where that missile ended up hitting or landing if there wasn’t a specific target of some kind already set up? :eek: Lol!

1 minute ago, Tom said:

They just needed to shoot something up from a distance that is cheap, easy to use and that creates heat a stinger missile can hook up to. A simple flare gun Signal would be enough to make a good stinger target.

A remote control device in 84 was not easy to navigate that high up in the air, let alone that Amato would have avoided any unnecessary cost for that demonstration. 

Tony was a lot more polite than Eddie K. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Good points, Tom.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Tony was a lot more polite than Eddie K. :) 

Yep. He slapped his wife and sold stingers for shooting down commercial airplanes but he would never have blown up a Ferrari! :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Yep. He slapped his wife and sold stingers for shooting down commercial airplanes but he would never have blown up a Ferrari! :p

Hmmmm....sense of priorities ? :)  Don't agree with the  wife slapping though at least he got his come-uppance for that! Justifiable homicide!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

he would never have blown up a Ferrari! :p

Tony liked Italian cars (and clothes) :) 

Pretty sure Eddie K. was all American 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dadrian said:

Tony liked Italian cars (and clothes) :) 

Pretty sure Eddie K. was all American 

That explains it..... 

• Haha 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

Of course, it makes sense that it's just a drone and not a big jet. The other question would be: How far would undercover cops go to keep their cover from being blown? Vice covered the issue in Heart of Darkness.
Fortunately, neither Tubbs nor Crockett ever had to go to the absolute limit. But what would have happened if Amato had actually chosen a taking-off airplane (could be someone's small private plane) as a target for this demonstration?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ViceFanMan:

Almost makes you wonder if there was a scene cut that originally showed what was being shot down...maybe Tony purposely set up some kind of drone or remote control device to fly over so he could shoot it down? Or maybe it was just a figure of speech...the “she” being the missile itself. I’ve always kind of wondered myself about that scene...

In order to demonstrate what the missile can do, it was theoretically already necessary to have an object that would take it out of the sky, right? It should impress and not only show that the missile can fly.

3 minutes ago, Christine said:

But what would have happened if Amato had actually chosen a taking-off airplane (could be someone's small private plane) as a target for this demonstration?

I guess they could have busted him then and there for that, unless that’s considered entrapment ?(

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

I guess they could have busted him then and there for that, unless that’s considered entrapment ?(

Tubbs was there alone after all, and Tony had his boys with him. I don't think Tubbs would have dared to arrest all three (or was it even four?) alone.

4 minutes ago, Christine said:

In order to demonstrate what the missile can do, it was theoretically already necessary to have an object that would take it out of the sky, right? It should impress and not only show that the missile can fly.

There very well could have been an object used to have the missile hit for the demonstration...the question was what it was, as we as viewers were not shown. If there wasn’t an actual pre-set target, and the demo was just how to fire it, then I was curious of where the missile did end up.

• Like 1

Interesting scenario.  Undercover officers are required to look the other way so they can build a case, over time and with multiple charges.  I'd hope that most officers would step in somehow if a suspect was about to take out innocent lives.  But, as we saw in the episode, if it were up to the feds they probably would've let him get away with whatever.  He could lead them to "bigger fish".

• Like 2