What's your favourite Jan Hammer tune?

KaeptnCaipi

34 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

I have heard this titled  Black Mercedes. Somehow I have it in my ITunes library. Not sure where I got it from, but I'll try to find it for you. 

“Black Mercedes” was Rick Leon’s title, which seems to be more well-known and accepted. 

That title was used for the DVD rip posted by Crockettt. It’s great, but there are still some sounds from the show faintly present (unavoidably). Have you seen this, @alijax? It’s from a European disc, so a whole step higher in pitch than the original US version:

It’s a GREAT channel for MV score music!

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

“Black Mercedes” was Rick Leon’s title, which seems to be more well-known and accepted. 

That title was used for the DVD rip posted by Crockettt. It’s great, but there are still some sounds from the show faintly present (unavoidably). Have you seen this, @alijax? It’s from a European disc, so a whole step higher in pitch than the original US version:

Yes, that's where I got it. Thank you for the heads up. 

I just found this on YouTube, too. Thanks to one of your posts, I learned how to download this music into mp3 format. Not sure it this is a copyright problem, so feel free to delete it if need be. Love Tim Truman!!

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2017 at 12:51 AM, Vincent Hanna said:

I love the cue that plays during the car-boat chase in One Way Ticket. The way he incorporates "Last flight" into it is ingenious. I think that was the only time it was used too right? Incredible.

skip to 2:00

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Crockettt said:

@Dadrian i'm in the process of ripping music from Blu-Ray release so will re-upload all Jan's cues in original key. :)

Well, I know there are LOTS of fans abroad to which this is the correct pitch. 

Can you edit the audio on a YouTube video without losing everything else about it?

• Like 1

Unfortunately not, i can only edit my videos with new audio from Youtube's library but it's not a problem for me. :)

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Crockettt said:

@Dadrian i'm in the process of ripping music from Blu-Ray release so will re-upload all Jan's cues in original key. :)

WOW! That's just great, Crockettt! I'm thrilled now :D

What a coincidence! Some days ago I figured out how to separate/isolate audio channels from a 5.1 audio stream by using DVD audio extractor, after 4 years of struggle I can finally have my most beloved soundtracks in their cleanest possible version (some composers never release their score/soundtrack albums). Now I'm trying some methods to do the same thing with Blu-Ray Remux files so that I could extract 7.1 channel soundtracks.

I saw that you uploaded some more music pieces in your channel. Thanks!!! :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marc said:

I don't think I'd heard of this extended version before. It's on the Spotify release and credits François Kevorkian as the remix.

It looks like it was released as a 13th track on Escape from Television for Europe and UK.

https://www.discogs.com/Jan-Hammer-Escape-From-Television/release/187806 

This is the version that plays in the teaser of “Child’s Play”.  :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
On 2/25/2019 at 8:30 AM, Crockettt said:

Here is the original vocal version from 1979 :)

Wow I never knew that.

I love the themes from “Heroes of the Revolution”, the Season 3 finale, throughout the episode. Thanks to @Crockettt for posting this on you tube recently. Another unreleased gem from the vaults - this one from the Spring of 1987.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

I love the themes from “Heroes of the Revolution”, the Season 3 finale, throughout the episode. Thanks to @Crockettt for posting this on you tube recently. Another unreleased gem from the vaults - this one from the Spring of 1987.

That is a great score, indeed, Matt. Jan is playing a famous piano program on his (then) brand new FaIrlight CMI III. We all know this sound very well from “Theresa”. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

That is a great score, indeed, Matt. Jan is playing a famous piano program on his (then) brand new FaIrlight CMI III. We all know this sound very well from “Theresa”. 

Yes it is perhaps the last episode, with “Contempt of Court” in Season 4 that Jan produced the show where he has a theme running throughout the episode (like he did for “Lend me an Ear”, “French Twist”). Really enjoyed this theme, thanks for the info the piano sounds so good.

5 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Yes it is perhaps the last episode, with “Contempt of Court” in Season 4 that Jan produced the show where he has a theme running throughout the episode (like he did for “Lend me an Ear”, “French Twist”). Really enjoyed this theme, thanks for the info the piano sounds so good.

Don’t forget “Death and the Lady”. :D 

13 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Don’t forget “Death and the Lady”. :D 

Oh yes - great themes. These three episodes were the last time we saw full length episode themes in the same vain as “Nobody Lives Forever”, Lombard”, “Dutch Oven”, “Good Collar” and “Lend Me an Ear” to name a handful.:cheers:

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 8:53 PM, Dadrian said:

They only used this once? if so that was a real shame because this cue has so much depth to it. Powerful.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2012 at 12:42 PM, beatleboylevi said:

My favs have to be Theresa and Night Talk

I know its officially Theresa but shouldn't it have been titled Brenda?

Edited by RedDragon86